BSR or JETEX? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: BSR or JETEX?

Dead Centre
15-09-04, 05:32 PM
Well I need a new exhaust. So with the car off the road midway through an AC condensor swap and two new front tyres??

So ATS want £230.00 plus VAT for a new cat back mild steel standard system. I can get a simillar system delivered for about £150.00. and fit it myself

So I was thinking of an aftermarket system. Anybody have a BSR or Jetex?

I don't want massive noise on long runs the Jetex is supposed to be good for this?

Are they all Stainless pipes or a mix of steel and shiny tail-pipes?

Dead

solid155
16-09-04, 11:18 AM
I ordered the Jetex (all stainless steel) catback from PFS two weeks ago. Got an email yesterday saying it is backordered for another 2-3 weeks. I will post results when it comes in and installed.

CO-Saab
16-09-04, 11:45 AM
Dead,

I'm using the BSR setup turbo to tailpipe. To be honest I didn't notice much difference audibly. More of bubbly sound at idle that I really care for, but it's not obtrusive. IMHO, it sounds better than the few JT's Iíve heard.

One recommendation for the BSR system.

Dead Centre
16-09-04, 02:38 PM
Cheers folks for the replys.

Co-saab I was looking at the big 3"JT pipe that a few members have.

The new exhaust will be bolted to my Abbott SS catless front pipe. I just was not sure if the BSR cat back was raspy :nono;

Cheers
Dead

solid155
29-09-04, 11:35 AM
just installed the jetex catback on my wife's 900S. does not sound loud at all even on long runs. compared to stock, it's a little burbbly at idle and a tad deeper in sound on acceleration. definitely not as loud as the magnaflow's or other aftermarket mufflers. i recommend it.