Where to go now... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Where to go now...

bettykid
09-09-04, 05:47 PM
Hey guys. So here is the deal with my 96 900 SET. So far I have done the 3" DIY intake mod (I had ordered the CAI from saabnation but only got half of it from him), forge BOV, saab sport exhaust, going to double-stack the stock rear sway bar when it arrives, and 17" TSW rims. I was thinking of getting the MBC+A next because it isn't too expensive and I know it will give me a nice boost. My question is wether or not I should upgrade the suspension or do some of the viggen rescue kit mods like the steering brace and such. I am back at college now but working so I will still have money to spend but not loads of it of course. Where do you guys think I should go from here? Thanks.

By the way I will grab my friend's digital camera and upload some pictures of my ride as soon as I can.

roadkil34
09-09-04, 05:51 PM
The viggen rescue kit is more expensive than a MBC+a. but you really wont see the need for it until you actually get that power, and torque, gain. Once you do get the MBC+A youll notice that the rack and brace will be very nice, especially in first and second. I personally would get the MBC first.

-Frank

ricot83
09-09-04, 05:51 PM
def do the steering rack clamp and brace make sure u have good brakes and suspension

bettykid
10-09-04, 12:38 AM
I guess it would make sense to not need the viggen rescue kit-steering rack and brace etc. until I have more power and torque. I haven't upgraded any of the brakes yet or the suspension so would it still be alright to get the MBC+A? What brake and suspension upgrades would you recommend? I've heard good things about the eibach pro kit but that would run me about $700 I believe?

SPATL
10-09-04, 08:27 AM
I still think a good bang for your buck is in the Rack brace. As roadkill points out, you can always do a MBC first and add the +a later to keep it cheap. The +A has some nice benefits and as the cold weather hits, the benefits increase but it is the MBC that gets you the initial gain.

Once you start getting into suspension stuff it gets expensive quickly. If you're doing springs and shocks, the eibach prokit is a nice combination to keep the stock feel. I have been in a 9-3 with the eibach prokit and it has a great feel to it. When its time, for me, it will be the eibach springs and Koni Shocks for more control of the ride. The Koni's can be adjusted so for the days when you want it to ride like a go kart, you can dial it in, and then for the rest of the days, you can dial it back for a more stock feel.
Don't forget about labor $ if you're not DIY.

Stock brakes aren't terrible and some upgraded brakes are not much of an improvement. I have been in a 9-3 with the EBC rotors and greenstuff pads and braking was no better than stock, and very noisy braking.

bettykid
10-09-04, 09:34 AM
well I think if I am going to get a MBC I might as well just get the A at the same time and put them in together. I guess since upgraded pads and rotors weren't that much better than stock then I won't upgrade them until maybe down the road if I am making much more power. Would the eibach pro kit fir the NG900? Where's the cheapest place to buy this kit?

SPATL
10-09-04, 01:20 PM
I think the MPPerformance site is a misprint. I believe he sells the eibach prokit for $540 or something like that but don't quote me. Stalker inquired on this and gave this price.

bkrell
10-09-04, 05:03 PM
SPATL, are you saying that just the springs are $540!?!?!?Yikes, hope not!

I agree with the need to maybe do some suspension work first. The MBC is a great mod but the first thing you realize after slapping it on is how horrible or stock suspension is. If you've already got doublestack plans you're halfway there in the suspension department. Get the VRK and then the MBC+A. OK? :cheesy: Then down the road some springs.

I just paid for the Powerflex urethane rack bushes from NickT. I figured since they are only $28 each I'd give them a try. Maybe they won't be anywhere near as good as the VRK, but I'll find out. :cheesy: