Abbott Motorsport trackday ? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Abbott Motorsport trackday ?

MarkA
29-08-02, 03:58 PM
Hello all,

My first post on this board..

Quick question.. who's attending the Abbott Motorsport Goodwood trackday on the 22nd October?

Simon
29-08-02, 07:04 PM
I would love to but it's not cheap is it. Saying that all track days aren't cheap. I think it's 195.00? for the day.

MarkA
30-08-02, 02:03 AM
Hi,

Well 195 pounds is a fair slice of cash. However for a track-day it's very reasonable. If you book to go with Wheeltorque (the people who provide EVO Active), for example, you can pay up to 600 pounds for a day.

The benefits of the Abbott day are four fold over another track day.

1) All Saabs. Really handy this point :) - But seriously there are few things more scarey than trying to commit your pride and joy into a corner and have Jan Lammer's ex-Le Mans Porsche breathing down your neck at twice your speed (as happend to me on a Wheeltorque day at Spa in Belgium) Other people's track days allow anything (current race cars testing, ex-race cars, caterham, classics, etc on the track - sometimes at the same time!)

2) Professional Racing driver there to show you the lines + Abbott mechanics on hand to help out in case something goes a little wrong. - You don't usually get that on trackdays.

3) Other fast Saabs to try out with various modifications from Abbott.

4) Goodwood is a nice open circuit (compared with say The Nurburgring! :P ) So an off, may not be expensive :)

I think the day is really worth it and a good introduction to track days for a beginner. I would have attended last year, but I had work commitments. But this year I'll be there! (actually I think it's such good value.. I'm coming from The Netherlands to attend..)

p.s. No I don't work for Abbott... But it would be nice to see you all at the day :)

30-08-02, 03:52 AM
I'm coming along in my (Abbott) Viggen beating 9000CS. Went last year, HUUUUUGE fun :D :D :D (even when I spun at 80mph!!)

The nicest thing is that it's not full of hoons and everyone was polite on the track and considerate.

Believe me, it is good value- you won't have had such fun in a long time.

swedishmotors
26-09-02, 12:02 PM
I must say that you folks in the UK get all the fun. Any word on Abbott having a track day in the US :-??