1994 900S V6 Performance Upgrades [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 1994 900S V6 Performance Upgrades

alkeras
19th August 2004, 09:24 PM
I was wondering what kind of performance upgrades are available for my 900 with the 2.5L V6. I'm hoping for something relatively easy to install for someone who has limited experience with car maintenance. An ECU upgrade would be ideal, but i just want a nice boost in acceleration. Cost isn't much of an issue, but it would be nice not to spend a fortune. Thanks in advance.

bkrell
19th August 2004, 10:07 PM
wait around for fellow mod ragtopcav to check in, he's the V-6 guru.... :D

Spray
25th August 2004, 12:30 PM
yeah im looking for the same thing

2ksaabturbo
25th August 2004, 01:59 PM
Powerchip makes ECU upgrades for the V6. I'm getting together a group buy for Powerchip ECU upgrades.
PM me if you are interested, we only need 1 or 2 more people to receive a 10% discount.
www.powerchipgroup.com
Good Luck!

SQR-900T
25th August 2004, 02:23 PM
Ive always loved the thought of a modded V6. Powerfull NA cars have a totally different feel from a turbo. If I had a V6 id drop in a 3.0 litre, get some cams, a decent exhaust and have it rolling road tuned. It uses Bosch electronics that are very common, many a tuner have cracked the software and can tune it easily.

I bet it would sound great too

bkrell
25th August 2004, 04:15 PM
Well, I guess maybe try a thread search. Just put in V-6. It's been discussed. Raggy's got a few mods that have put him up close to 200 hp.

ragtopcav
25th August 2004, 04:22 PM
Ive always loved the thought of a modded V6. Powerfull NA cars have a totally different feel from a turbo. If I had a V6 id drop in a 3.0 litre, get some cams, a decent exhaust and have it rolling road tuned. It uses Bosch electronics that are very common, many a tuner have cracked the software and can tune it easily.

I bet it would sound great tooStateside you can source a 3.2 that'll bolt right up, it is in the Caddy CTS, find one in a wreck then pull it apart get a lairy cam profile, steel flywheel and a rolling road unichip tune and ta dah! 240+bhp.

Bkrell is quite right, this subject has been discussed in much depth about 20 threads cover V6 tuning [mostly me :oops: ]

bkrell
25th August 2004, 04:26 PM
Raggy, so you are saying the new CTS uses the same engine in different size that the older Caddy Catera/900/Saturn use?

ragtopcav
25th August 2004, 04:28 PM
Raggy, so you are saying the new CTS uses the same engine in different size that the older Caddy Catera/900/Saturn use?Fundementally the same yes, the 3.2 and 2.6 V6 units made on Merseyside are bore outs of the earlier [2.5 & 3.0] units with some modernisation, these will remain in production until the new engines come out. A SC member works at the plant.

Spray
26th August 2004, 02:23 AM
wow this swap sounds interesting :O

SaabScott
26th August 2004, 05:20 PM

I bet it would sound great too

I took a V6 out for a drive the day I decided on my car.

It is the only other NG900 I have driven and let me tell you, I could not believe how much grunt that thing had ... stock!
It blew me away!

I can't even begin to imagine how Raggy's would pull! :o