intrax vs eibach [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: intrax vs eibach

abdukted1456
18th August 2004, 04:18 PM
Which would you prefer and why?

I seem to think many people say Eibach (1.2" drop) is one of the best, a real high quality product, but Intrax offers a bit lower drop at 1.5" and I hear they are very good for the money.

Does anyone have any fact to back up the purchase of one over the other, or is it simply a matter of opinion?

are any differences besides powder coating color and drop? Or are they basically the same thing and any differences would not be noticed to the average driver? i wonder if one could even see the difference in how much they lower the car, being only .3" difference!!!!

thoughts?

Ragtop Fanatic
18th August 2004, 04:35 PM
I bought the Eibach Pro System (springs and matched dampers). I could not be more pleased. Price was great $540.

abdukted1456
18th August 2004, 04:39 PM
I bought the Eibach Pro System (springs and matched dampers). I could not be more pleased. Price was great $540.

thanks for the reply. I am trying to get away from simply opinion and find out WHY any one brand is better than others? Did you have a particular reason for choosing Eibach? Was is price, or a reccommendation from a friend, or the quality of materials used... or???

Also, if it makes any difference, the springs (intrax or Eibach) will be fitted with Koni Adjustables... 8)

Dead Centre
18th August 2004, 04:43 PM
The Eibachs are the nuts. They are real quality great ride guranteed for ever and a day and BMW use them on the 'M' series as standard motorsport springs.

As for the drop its dead level front and rear my car sits horizontal no tail dip.

I also don't think the Saab 900 is a car to have the wheels under the arches. The extra drop along with bigger wheels may be shall we say overkill.

Coupled with my Konis adjustables the car is the quiet man at the bar but wind him up and he's at ya :cheesy:

Dead

sethsev7n
19th August 2004, 12:18 AM
Im going on my extremely limited knowledge of suspension.. but to completley upgrade your suspension you need shocks, springs.... and dampners? Im not quite sure what those are. I want to also stick to either koni or eibach products, unless there are equal alternates...only because ive ridden in cars with them and the ride is amazing, ihmo.

ASCsweed
19th August 2004, 01:08 AM
I bought the eibach pro kit when i did my wheels and tires. The drop is great makes the car look more aggressive and handles a hell of a lot better. I am totally pleased with the eibachs and would recommend them to anyone looking for a suspension upgrade. I got mine right from Tire Rack. Good Stuff.

-Mike

Dead Centre
19th August 2004, 04:13 AM
Im going on my extremely limited knowledge of suspension.. but to completley upgrade your suspension you need shocks, springs.... and dampners? Im not quite sure what those are. I want to also stick to either koni or eibach products, unless there are equal alternates...only because ive ridden in cars with them and the ride is amazing, ihmo.

Dampers are shox's

You do not need both. You can do it with jut sport springs but if you want to do it properly get both shockers and springs..
The Koni adjustables are well good. Great fun and when I take out the family set them to soft best of both worlds.

Dead

abdukted1456
19th August 2004, 09:28 AM
so for now it looks like the aye's have it. aye-bach's that is... :cheesy:

lame humor, sorry... :roll: :lol:

So nobody runs the Intrax? Well, I was leaning towards the Eibach's anyways, so it is good to hear so many positive reviews for them.

Dead, I am not looking to tuck the wheels under the well, just eliminate the monster-truck look... :lol: I wasn't sure if the difference between 1.2" and 1.5" would even be very noticeable anyways, either one would probably not be enough to tuck the wheels under.... also I am glad to hear the car sits level, I have seen some 900's and 9-3s with some springs that make the rear look saggy- that's what I want to avoid.... and yes they will be fitted with koni adjustables... 8)

so does anyone have a pic of their car from the side with the 'bachs or any other springs?

Ragtop Fanatic
19th August 2004, 09:42 AM
The reason I bought the Eibachs was two fold. First springs and dampers (i.e., shocks) need to be designed to work together, Eibach had Bilstein manufacture dampers tuned to match the Eibach springs. Second was price. The Koni adjustables cost about $600. I got the springs and the dampers for $540. It's like getting the dampers for free and I know the springs and dampers were designed to work optimally together.

sethsev7n
19th August 2004, 10:21 AM
MP Performance sells the Eibach pro kit for $700 ..is this the cheapest you can get them for?

G96nt
19th August 2004, 11:09 AM
http://www.shox.com

$570 IIRC..

mike saunders
19th August 2004, 02:47 PM
Be careful...Check which eibach kits are exclusively for the 9-3, and which are for the NG900....

there was a difference sometime in the 96-97 model year, or thereabouts...

corvetteed
20th August 2004, 07:13 AM
i had some intrac lower springs, but didn't change the struts and shocks, which i think may have been the problem? but they were bouncey! drove me nuts!! but then again i am 40 and my older bones didn't like the hard ride??? after i took them off i put new KYB shock and struts and like them, i have put them on my vettes for a better ride too.