Q? Suspension upgrade for '99 9-3 conv. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Q? Suspension upgrade for '99 9-3 conv.

pafox
13-08-04, 03:08 PM
I have a 99 9-3 conv. Its my wife's ride and she lets me drive it upon occassion. It is however a jarring experience. I would like some input on suspension upgrades. I have the Eibach pro system on my Passat(1.8T) and the ride is great. I would like the 9-3 to be slightly lower but I don't want the ride to be any more punishing than it is. I would like it to handle the corners a bit better too. Is a lot of this due just to the fact that it is a conv.? The car has over 65k on it, could it also just be time to replace the shocks?

Pete

bkrell
13-08-04, 03:14 PM
It's just a saab! You could maybe try the Koni coil/spring kit.

Ragtop Fanatic
13-08-04, 07:42 PM
I have the Eibach Pro Systems (springs & dampers). The ride is comfortable. The handling is much improved over stock. I paid $540 at shox.com plus shipping.

pafox
13-08-04, 11:50 PM
Ragtop, from you sig. I gather the obvious. My concern is whether or not the ride will be harsher than it is now or will it be the same but with better handling characteristics.
If it is the latter then that is great. what was your perception of the two (OEM vs. Eibach)?

Pete

Stalker
13-08-04, 11:57 PM
The rear sway bar greatly helps negociations of tight corners.

Ragtop Fanatic
14-08-04, 07:37 AM
My perception was that the ride was not harsher and control was dramatically improved. BTW, I hear that Bilstein makes the dampers for Eibach's Pro System. It is significantly cheaper than buying Koni's and springs. I think you would be pleased. My install cost was $200. The front spring & damper requires a lot of dissassembly. Stalker is also correct about the sway bar. It helps handling big time.

pafox
14-08-04, 07:48 AM
That sounds good and the install cost is what I would expect.

Pete