Newbie looking for car show quality help [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Newbie looking for car show quality help

davydd23
13th August 2004, 12:58 PM
Hey everyone, I have been looking for a good way to take my 2001 9-5 (non aero) and make it into a high quality show car and performance beast. Here in Vermont I have several regular contacts on tuning the normal, overdone hondas, neons and such, but I hate those and much prefer to do some major upgrading to my 9-5. If anyone can help me to design it basically from the ground up, I would greatly appreciate it. Also I need to know where to go for parts. What I want to do is find a body kit (even a simple one, but wild would be better) and repaint it (thinking black or midnight blue with either silver or midnight blue pearl). Then I want to put some new wheels and sneakers under it with an all brand new lowered suspension (as close to racing as possible) upgrade all of the engine components, and finish it all off by refinishing the interior. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Davydd

turbo5spd
15th August 2004, 08:47 PM
Check out Taliaferro Saab (www.genuinesaab.com). It's a great source and the customer service is top notch. I would start w/ an ECU upgrade. You could get the full 3" exhaust with the race cat off of that site, as well. All in all, if you look hard enough there is quite a bit you can do to our cars.

Jim

XAAMOTTOMAAX
16th August 2004, 01:09 PM
I hope you are ready to drop 10 grand. There is only 1 9-5 body kit that I know of (Hirsch) and it will not fit your car (designed for 2002+ models). You can get the Aero body accents at least. You have a long bumpy road ahead of you!