Standard 900 TS handling? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Standard 900 TS handling?

daveysmith
18-08-02, 06:25 PM
I haven't owned my 900TS 16V that long, and initially spent much of my time with the garage sorting out overboost (fuel injection cut off activated, brickwall at 3000 rpm (air volume meter faulty, no boost (dump valve?) and so on.

Now having got a few things sorted out in the engine department, I am wondering about the handling, which seems firm (even bouncy) but underdamped at speed, especially over undulating road surfaces. (my other car is a Ford Mondeo)
I tried having new shock absorbers fitted, (AL-KO 1.522G & 1.523G) but there seems little or no improvement. What should the standard 88 900TS handle like, and can it be improved? I once owned a hydrolastic Mini Cooper 1275S and the handling on that didn't inspire awesome confidence either! The road doesn't seem the best place to checkout handling either, any ideas please?

bohtak
18-08-02, 09:56 PM
if your car has the front anti rolls, then that should be the problem. hope this helps. :D

Johann F
19-08-02, 08:22 AM
Unfortunatley Alko shock absorbers are "budget" designs - you need a good shock to control the C900 - the minimum to use is Boge/sachs which came as standard on the T16S - they are available fron German and Swedish and come under the heading "for sports suspension" ( be careful - most other parts places will sell you an inadequate 'standard' shock) These will control bounce and are not too harsh with stock or mildly stiffer springs - I would recommend you get rid of the Alko's asap. I was never inspired with the handling of my T16's until I removed the front anti-roll bars - they are much more predicatable beasts without them! :D but thats something to think about later - get some descent shocks and take it from there.

Eric van Spelde
19-08-02, 09:30 AM
One word: Koni. :)

rich
19-08-02, 12:38 PM
yeah, i'd recommend koni's too...

Janne Selinummi
19-08-02, 02:42 PM
If comfort isn't an issue, you can also get Bilstein Racing shocks at www.speedparts.se - they are much stiffer than the Bistein Sport or Sprint ranges more commonly used. And they are also available as c900-specific parts.

Khopesh
26-08-02, 01:25 PM
Has anyone given the adjustable Spax shocks a run (www.elkparts.com)? Adjustable sounds like a good idea to me, I'd like to be able to tone it down if certain people are in the car.