Performance mods [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Performance mods

slob900
12-08-02, 12:45 AM
Well i basically know that my 97 900S 2.3 liter auto has hardly any mods that u can do without spending huge $$$ but i figured i'd post just to try and make this forum look a little more active! There is hardly anything going on here!!! Doesn't anyone have a turbo GM900 or 9-3 that they want to mod or are doing mods to??? well hopefully this post will open up some conversation in here :D

conradFL
13-08-02, 10:11 AM
Hey slob,

Yeah, I got a 9-3 but the few extra dollars I earn are going towards my education at the moment, so I haven't got any mods to speak of. New airbox,and my turbo silencer is already gone 8)

I've no idea how to make that 97s go faster, my bros 94s is probably a lot like yours. If you go around town a lot, try putting your shifter not in D, but in 3. 3rd is fairly tall (about the same as D on a C900 - this should give you an idea of why those trannies are reviled so much), it might give you some more punch around town. Maybe you could widen the throttle body a little bit?

I don't know that there are very many GM900 tuners on this site, although until now it was primarily dedicated to the C900, so they'll get here soon.

Simon
13-08-02, 11:18 AM
Might be worth checking out some of these Performance companies to see what they do.

Speedparts are recommended.....

http://www.saabcentral.com/techhelp/performance_tuning.php

slob900
13-08-02, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the replys! and by the way conrad yea i do usually leave my car in 3rd cause i do a lot of around town stuff. I'm thinking of some mods like an exhaust or somethin but i need to save my money cause i'm gonna be moving out of my house and into an apartment.

swedishmotors
07-09-02, 10:50 AM
The most inexpensive performance modification I have found is 17" BBS RK Open Spoke Wheels. I personally have a '99 9-3 and this single upgrade completely change the ride and handling characteristics. Also some things to consider are Viggen Sway bars, Eibach Springs and Shocks, Kevlar blow-off valve, cross drilled rotors, Kevlar brake pads, a new engine management computer(40 hp for $700), a K&N air filter, to name a few. Just remember its best to upgrade handling, then braking, than power.

Adam

slob900
07-09-02, 10:03 PM
Swedishmotors u mentioned about the engine management computer for a Saab but is that also for a non-turbo??? Could u refer me to a place that u know of that sell's engine management computers or upgrades for my non-turbo Saab. Thanks