Performance mods [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Performance mods

slob900
12th August 2002, 12:45 AM
Well i basically know that my 97 900S 2.3 liter auto has hardly any mods that u can do without spending huge $$$ but i figured i'd post just to try and make this forum look a little more active! There is hardly anything going on here!!! Doesn't anyone have a turbo GM900 or 9-3 that they want to mod or are doing mods to??? well hopefully this post will open up some conversation in here :D

conradFL
13th August 2002, 10:11 AM
Hey slob,

Yeah, I got a 9-3 but the few extra dollars I earn are going towards my education at the moment, so I haven't got any mods to speak of. New airbox,and my turbo silencer is already gone 8)

I've no idea how to make that 97s go faster, my bros 94s is probably a lot like yours. If you go around town a lot, try putting your shifter not in D, but in 3. 3rd is fairly tall (about the same as D on a C900 - this should give you an idea of why those trannies are reviled so much), it might give you some more punch around town. Maybe you could widen the throttle body a little bit?

I don't know that there are very many GM900 tuners on this site, although until now it was primarily dedicated to the C900, so they'll get here soon.

Simon
13th August 2002, 11:18 AM
Might be worth checking out some of these Performance companies to see what they do.

Speedparts are recommended.....

http://www.saabcentral.com/techhelp/performance_tuning.php

slob900
13th August 2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the replys! and by the way conrad yea i do usually leave my car in 3rd cause i do a lot of around town stuff. I'm thinking of some mods like an exhaust or somethin but i need to save my money cause i'm gonna be moving out of my house and into an apartment.

swedishmotors
7th September 2002, 10:50 AM
The most inexpensive performance modification I have found is 17" BBS RK Open Spoke Wheels. I personally have a '99 9-3 and this single upgrade completely change the ride and handling characteristics. Also some things to consider are Viggen Sway bars, Eibach Springs and Shocks, Kevlar blow-off valve, cross drilled rotors, Kevlar brake pads, a new engine management computer(40 hp for $700), a K&N air filter, to name a few. Just remember its best to upgrade handling, then braking, than power.

Adam

slob900
7th September 2002, 10:03 PM
Swedishmotors u mentioned about the engine management computer for a Saab but is that also for a non-turbo??? Could u refer me to a place that u know of that sell's engine management computers or upgrades for my non-turbo Saab. Thanks