0-60 in 2.83 secs [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 0-60 in 2.83 secs

ragtopcav
14th July 2004, 01:24 PM
Would you just look (http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=4571) at the Nova that did it :o The Beast :roll: .

900t
14th July 2004, 01:25 PM
And, typical of a Nova, it's free!

Matthew
14th July 2004, 01:37 PM
It's FWD :o :o :o

ragtopcav
14th July 2004, 01:43 PM
It's FWD :o :o :oThat's the bit that got me too, now how do we get our cars to put the power down like that?

Stefano
14th July 2004, 02:29 PM
It's FWD :o :o :oThat's the bit that got me too, now how do we get our cars to put the power down like that?

Shaving off 500kg would be a good start. Then slick tires and ultra hard suspensions bushings would be a great help. 8)

fabric
14th July 2004, 03:25 PM

Shaving off 500kg would be a good start. Then slick tires and ultra hard suspensions bushings would be a great help. 8)

One of the car magazines did something like this. I think it was a Civic, they removed pretty much everything from it that could be removed - almost entire interior, all the external body panels, hood, trunk. Eventually they started removing parts of the frame, mainly the whole roof and related pillars. I wish I could find the picture online, it looked pretty funny, but it ended up being an extremely fast car. Didn't look too safe, though.

dip
14th July 2004, 03:52 PM
One of the car magazines did something like this. I think it was a Civic, they removed pretty much everything from it that could be removed - almost entire interior, all the external body panels, hood, trunk. Eventually they started removing parts of the frame, mainly the whole roof and related pillars. I wish I could find the picture online, it looked pretty funny, but it ended up being an extremely fast car. Didn't look too safe, though.
It was a Sentra. Here's the complete story (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885). It couldn't go that fast after all, but a weight reduction was significant ;)
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208scc_scared20_zoom.jpg

Scotty Mc
14th July 2004, 04:24 PM
Could be rear engined? Or it might have an extremely highly tuned calibra-turbo engine. I still wouldn't like to crash in it! :-? :cheesy:

Matthew
14th July 2004, 05:21 PM
It could have had the Calibra engine conversion. Surely sticking the engine in the back though would reduce front-end grip.

One of the pics clearly shows the front-wheels spinning while the rears remain stationary.

Scotty Mc
14th July 2004, 05:55 PM
One of the pics clearly shows the front-wheels spinning while the rears remain stationary.

Sorry Boss :-?

D. Wolfe
14th July 2004, 07:45 PM
Gee, I don't want to ride in any vehicle that goes from 0-60mph in less than 3 seconds!!!!!

My body skin is stretched enough the way it is!!!!!

900t
14th July 2004, 08:45 PM
It was a Sentra. Here's the complete story (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885). It couldn't go that fast after all, but a weight reduction was significant ;)
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208scc_scared20_zoom.jpg

Hot Damn!! If I can run 14's with one of those, maybe I'll pick up a freebie Protegé or something and go racing!

Abbott 900
15th July 2004, 05:10 AM
Raggy, did you notice this on that Regal website with The Beast???

Supercharging is available in a kit form for the 2.5v6 engine, however we can on request fit a supercharger to any engine, this of course is subject to the vehicle being available to have the supercharger custom built to fit the car

You know you wanna...!!! :cheesy: :cheesy:

ragtopcav
15th July 2004, 05:18 AM
Raggy, did you notice this on that Regal website with The Beast???

Supercharging is available in a kit form for the 2.5v6 engine, however we can on request fit a supercharger to any engine, this of course is subject to the vehicle being available to have the supercharger custom built to fit the car

You know you wanna...!!! :cheesy: :cheesy:It was one of the guys in the US asking about turbocharging feasability of the V6, which of course anything is feasable if you have deep pockets, but the engine rebuild costs to withstand boost would be enormous, but I thought, ahh, superchargers off the crank require no internal mods as the run out of puff at about 4500rpm, so I got rummaging and found Regal, they've done a Calibra V6 apparently so a 900 would be feasable too, but at £3800, not for me I'm afraid.

Abbott 900
15th July 2004, 05:23 AM
Ahhh fair point, you could buy yourself a 900 turbo with a chip and a nice juicy exhaust for the cost of that supercharger kit... It seems a bit pricey...

Rhino2.3t
15th July 2004, 05:40 AM
Ahhh fair point, you could buy yourself a 900 turbo with a chip and a nice juicy exhaust for the cost of that supercharger kit... It seems a bit pricey...

bwaaAAAaaaahHHHHHpopopopopop....

sorry. still can't help myself. :cheesy:

Abbott 900
15th July 2004, 06:00 AM
Something tells me you're still quite pleased with purchasing the 900 off Paco?? :cheesy:

Rhino2.3t
15th July 2004, 06:21 AM
Something tells me you're still quite pleased with purchasing the 900 off Paco?? :cheesy:

yes. :oops:

Paco
15th July 2004, 07:58 AM
It must be about time to make the second lease payment then, it's the same amount as the first, just make the cheque payable to C.ASH.... 8)

You didn't think you had BOUGHT it? Surely not.... :nono;

(hey, I can but try.... :wink: )

Rhino2.3t
15th July 2004, 09:00 AM
la la la lalala can't hear you *fingers in metaphoric ears*

a lease indeed.. but then.. when its totally spannered you'll have to take it back and offer a cracking deal on the next one :cheesy:

Paco
15th July 2004, 10:13 AM
I thought it was completely "spannered" when I sold i.......

:roll: Whistle.....

ragtopcav
15th July 2004, 10:14 AM
I thought it was completely "spannered" when I sold i.......

:roll: Whistle.....No doubt the person you bought it of thought the same too :cheesy: