Info on my project [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Info on my project

Janne Selinummi
6th August 2002, 04:46 AM
OK, I promised to put some pics and info on the net as soon as I could, and now the first articles are ready: You can see them and the corresponding pictures at http://www.turboteameurope.com
My car has a section in Tech/Projects area.
Hopefully these articles will prove useful for someone...

DrewBedelph
6th August 2002, 10:42 AM
Janne,

Well done mate, that FMIC looks like a very neat installation!! :smile:

Drew

Janne Selinummi
6th August 2002, 12:12 PM
Thank you, Drew!!

I'll continue to update that section, and will send more stuff soon when I get the newest project pictures ready.

Fan-TC
7th August 2002, 12:13 AM
nice work......

i was really confused when i first saw the pics... i had forgotten u had the 8v....

Smackrazor
7th August 2002, 11:43 AM
I can't tell exactly where you put your battery. I know it's next to the spare but that's where I keep my amp anyway. And did you have to cut the board ontop?

Janne Selinummi
7th August 2002, 01:40 PM
Yeah, 8V for time being... A rather special T16 engine is to take its place in the future.

Smack, the battery sits longitudinally right next to the central "bar" that sits between the rear panel and the fuel tank cover.
I grinded off the mount for the emergency triangle (or whatever that's really called in English), and fitted a steel platform where that used to sit.
I did have to cut the veneer bottom panel where the battery sits, but it's all the better for it; the edges of that panel cover the cables completely, so they aren't in danger of getting damaged by moving objects in the luggage compartment. The battery box cover sits above the hole in the veneer panel, and this keeps the panel loodely fastened in place while driving.