Checked out the 9-2X at the dealer this morning. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Checked out the 9-2X at the dealer this morning.

finklejag
15th June 2004, 01:54 PM
I dropped my SS off at the dealer this moring. While I was waiting for my loaner car. I walked over to the showroom. They had a black Aero. I never sat in a WRX. So I can't compare the two. I felt the interior was really nice. The leather seats felt good. I read the 9-2X uses a upgraded carpet as well. The only part of the interior that blows is the headliner. It felt like cardboard. The interior of this car is great for a car that is in a price range of $20K-$25k. The sticker price was $31,900. :o This is what I paid for my fully loaded Arc last year.

A saleswomen came over and said they sold a few already. I told her its just a Subaru with a SAAB front end. She said no. It is safer then a Subaru. It has more air bags. Is she correct in this statment?

I will take some pics when I pick up my car.

PunktKruger
15th June 2004, 02:36 PM
Yes. Currently the WRX doesn't come with curtain airbags, (though I think it may next year) and it won't ever have active head/neck-restraints, as those are Saab-specific.

Overall, I don't think it's that much safer, but technically she's right when she says it is.

saabvec
27th June 2004, 05:02 PM
Yes. Currently the WRX doesn't come with curtain airbags, (though I think it may next year) and it won't ever have active head/neck-restraints, as those are Saab-specific.

Overall, I don't think it's that much safer, but technically she's right when she says it is.

I also heard from my salesman that suspension is 100% Saab.

Alex
28th June 2004, 02:58 PM
The write-ups of the 9-2x in magazines in UK describes it has having a Saab specific setup. Apparantly the guy from Saab did such a good job that he was retained by Subaru to work on the Impreza as well.

valbowski1980
15th July 2004, 10:17 PM
I had a 9-2X Aero park next to my CS this morning. The guy was a customer of the shop I work at so while fixing his computer I asked what he thought of it. Turns out the car was a loner/extended test drive (100 miles) while his 9-3SS was getting worked on. He said that he loves how the car handles and drives but "it was no Saab". To be more specific he said that it is missing that solid feel.

IMO, side by side with mine, the 9000 looked much better :cheesy:

sethsev7n
16th July 2004, 12:58 AM
Apparantly the guy from Saab did such a good job that he was retained by Subaru to work on the Impreza as well.

that seems quite odd.. was he not good enough to stay with saab? :-??

CleveSaab
16th July 2004, 04:59 PM
Why does it sound odd?? I'm sure he just got a better offer... $$$ :D