Turbo Upgrade [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Turbo Upgrade

orinoco
12-06-04, 10:49 PM
I have a 99 Saab 9-5 4cylinder turbo, stock. What is the largest turbo i can put in there without major modifiactions. What modifications will need to be made with a slightly larger turbo upgrade>?

Thanks

Chris 9-5
13-06-04, 07:21 AM
First you have to decide why you want a bigger turbo. If you simply bolt on the Aero turbo (and its pipework) your ECU and exhaust system wont be set up correctly and you could lose power and gain lag. Its not till the Stage 4 level thats over 265 bhp that Speedparts even add the Aero turbo. Your stock turbo in good condition is good for 250 bhp with the other mods, thats ECU, air filter and exhaust. :D

If your turbo is smokey and needs replacement have a look at the Stage 4 upgrades that include the larger turbo 8)

All these upgrades are available from www.partsforsaabs.com :cheesy:

Shiston
14-06-04, 06:30 PM
I think I've read somewhere in this forum about how you can fit the interal rotor from a 9000 aero turbo in the standard 9-5 turbo for a performance boost.

bigal8627
02-07-04, 07:28 PM
Hes right ive played with the waste gate adjustment on my
99 9-5 lpt till i got it just perfect to my likings, then i went too far great boost at 1 and second but a lot less in 3,4,5 and top end power im starving for fuel so i need to get a aero ecu to compensate i know im leaning out cause i have increased my mpg by an average of 3 mpgi average now
on the weekend 37-38 mpg. i drive 180 miles on the weekend for the past 2 years its been 34-35 never more.