Injector types (colour codes) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Injector types (colour codes)

Nuts
22nd July 2002, 09:41 AM
I have a Carlsson engine in my 900, and the injectors are colour coded green.

On my brother's old 900 (soon to be sold) the injectors are colour coded orange. FYI The engines have very different traits so I think there maybe some difference between the Carlsson and the T16 engine.

Does anyone know whether the green type injectors are slightly larger than the orange types? I run my boost at a stable 17Psi and have no fueling/leaning out problems.

Any help much appreciated.

Alex
22nd July 2002, 03:23 PM
Nuts as its a Carlsson I presume that it has the Lucas fuel injection system (AMM is mounted vertically).

If this is so then the injectors should be around the 270ml/min size. Injectors on the Bosch cars are about 210ml/min, with those off the injection cars being slightly larger.

Nuts
22nd July 2002, 05:22 PM
Both the cars have the Lucas injection system with the AMM as you mentioned, infact they are to the eye, absolutely identical, it's just the injectors that look different.

./uploads/injector.JPG

Marko A
22nd July 2002, 11:49 PM
I think itīs the version of Lucas system why others are green. ī90 models have green and ī91 (14.1) orange.
Speedparts claims that ī90 model are capable of 5hp more or something like that. I donīt know if itīs the injectors or the system itself that makes the difference.

Marko

Nuts
24th July 2002, 04:24 AM
Ahh that may explain the reason why my fueling is fine then. :smile:

Could compression ratios and camshaft profiles vary from year to year? Both the engines look identical (bar my mods) but have such different characteristics when being driven hard.

tandino
24th July 2002, 05:56 AM
Nuts,
It looks like you have a BTM box lurking in the corner of your pic, do you think this may have something to do with it? :smile:

Pete.

Nuts
24th July 2002, 12:37 PM
Pete, no not really. I should maybe have stated it clearer, I was comparing the two engines in stock form as opposed to stock-modified. Well spotted tho! :grin:

ejenner
28th June 2005, 06:37 AM
I know this is an old thread but I was at Abbotts Racing the other day and I asked them about the green v.s. orange injector thing and I seem to remember them agreeing that the green ones are larger. my green injectors came out of my Carlsson also. My vert (1992 T16s) had orange, but TE05 and Lucas.

trackside
28th June 2005, 07:50 AM
My 91T16 has orange topped injectors. According to the Saab workshop manual for Lucas Inj they should have a flow of 216-264 ml/min. Does this mean there are 2 types or that this is the acceptable flow rate range?

ejenner
28th June 2005, 08:29 AM
I think injectors have a range (don't quote me on it tho :cool: ) so the high and low rate is the range of the injector? Big guess though.

Sounds like your T16 has the same injectors as were on my T16 vert. Orange stripe.