NOS [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: NOS

dschneid25
20th July 2002, 03:48 AM
I realize that this forum is primarily for c900's, however, I would like to know if anyone has ever tried adding a NOS system to their saab and how difficult/effective of a solution this would be. I have a 97' 900 SE turbo.
Thanks

Janne Selinummi
20th July 2002, 09:22 AM
Ask the people at http://fastsaab.itgo.com

-they have a nitrous injection kit for Saab, and I bet they have experience on the applications as well.
Basically, all you need is the NOS equipment and some sort of mixture enrichment device to go with the nitrous injected to the cylinders.

john-w
20th July 2002, 09:31 AM
Also here... http://www.noswizard.com/

This company supplied the water injection kit for my 900 T8

Smackrazor
20th July 2002, 04:52 PM
I think with Turbos you'll have to use a wet nitrous system.

Fan-TC
21st July 2002, 02:34 AM
Wet manifold systems is better in most applications. This is no exception.

Schneid- what other mods have u made??
You might be better off with turbo mods first if you havn't exhausted those avenues....

dschneid25
24th July 2002, 03:12 AM
I haven't had a chance to make any other mods. I am only 16, the car is mine, however, I still need to slowly pull my dad away from it. Thus being the biggest problem I face. The turbo moding was the next question that I was going to have for everyone considering the fact that NOS can be tough on pistons and what not. Does anyone have any ideas for this, or new turbos in general that would be applicable?
Thanks for everything
Drew

V.J.S
24th July 2002, 03:38 AM
Why doesn't my dad have a -97 900SE turbo to give me...Not fair. Speedparts Sweden (http://www.speedparts.se)have a Trionic upgrade for 94-98 900's, they change the whole Trionic and put in free flow air filter. Effect is +42hp and +83Nm in torque. Stick with swedish pages, there's more upgrades including a turbo upgrade (click "Produkter" > "Uppgradering" > "900").

automec1062
25th July 2002, 12:54 AM
i talked to NOS tech line today and they recomend a turbo kit they have, its a wet system with a single fogger nozzel

mike

dschneid25
25th July 2002, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Drew

Alex
25th July 2002, 05:20 PM
There was an article in last months Car & Car Conversions magazine in which someone had fitted NOS to a Nissan Sunny GTi-R as a means of anti lag. Was able to achieve around 1.3bar boost at 2000rpm!!! Once the turbo spooled up the NOS could be switched off.

93Saab900s
25th July 2002, 10:53 PM
i would be jealous, if i didnt like my c900 so much better than my dads '97 "saab"(aka GM) 900S.

all i want is to add turbo and some more power, then i gots me what i want

my kraia
26th July 2002, 03:30 AM
I've thought about adding NOS to my 88' SPG. automec1062 said something about a single fogger for turbo applications? I'd like to call NOS and talk to them. Anyone have the number handy? What problems might I run into with adding NOS to my car? I don't plan on putting a huge shot, but something that will put you back into your seat. Any advice?

Fan-TC
26th July 2002, 03:56 AM
Kraia- your gearbox.....

Nos is an instant power/torque hit...

you will kill your box no problems unless the utmost care is taken, even still you will be living on knifes edge....

besides, its illegal on the roads in most parts of the world....

Janne Selinummi
26th July 2002, 11:53 AM
You'll need a stronger gearbox soon anyway, if you intend to tune the engine to higher output... The turbo will always give a kick in a Saab, and with increased boost, it's gonna be a bigger kick.

my kraia
27th July 2002, 06:00 AM
How do I go about getting a better box? I heard that there was a 6-speed that would fit classic 900's. But I'm also looking for maybe a bigger 5th gear. Acceleration is great in SAABs but the top speed isn't the best. What parts need to be upgraded or what kind of upgraded tranny do I need? And where do I get it?

Janne Selinummi
27th July 2002, 11:52 AM
Eriksson Transmission Technik, Jörgen Eriksson. There you can get anything you need. The price will depend on the specification you want, from cheap to not-so-cheap... Jörgen can help you to choose the right combo of parts/strenghtening procedures for your application. You just tell him for what kind of use the car is, and how much power/torque you want to squeeze from the engine - he'll know what kind of transmission you need and will build one for you.

Smackrazor
27th July 2002, 03:45 PM
Hmm... shipping a transmission would be quite a lot. How heavy are they?

automec1062
30th July 2002, 01:38 AM
NOS tech line 1-714-546-0592