Help! Couple questions about Stereo stuff [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help! Couple questions about Stereo stuff

anitka978
27-05-04, 08:48 AM
I just have a couple questions, I have a 2000 9 5 se I want to keep the entire stereo system stock except I would like to add a sub in the trunk. Ive been told for awhile that the only way to do it would be to add an all in one thing, like an infiniti bass link. Then all of the sudden a guy at Circuit City said he could easily run the wires and hook up an amp and sub he said the only thing is i wouldn't have a seperate volume control for the sub which isnt a big deal because i can use the gain to adjust the volume. My concern is that he seemed overconfident like he didnt know what he was getting himself into. Is it possible just to wire it like a normal car and bypass the stock system. I have the AS3 premium sound system by the way. Any help would be great

Thanks,
Alex

texan_saaber
27-05-04, 10:49 AM
it's really a pretty easy installation to add on an amp and subwoofer to any stock system in any car. basically all you need is a wiring harness to connect the amp to the stock head unit, power cables, and a sub.

so no, the guy at circuit city isn't lying, but why would you take it to circuit city to get it done anyways? those megastores usually have 2nd rate workmanship. :roll:

bigal8627
02-07-04, 07:33 PM
hey be careful with that guy ive added a system to my 9-5 i did it myself i am a tech at saab i had the diagrams i wouldnt advise him to do it. or i would give him some guidance on how to do it.you might just break some reall expensive parts if you do it wrong like if he grabs the class 2 serial lead.