Big test tomarrow [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Big test tomarrow

GearHead
26th May 2004, 10:10 PM
I have a big test tomarrow,more suspic the written test I must pass in order to get my licence.Any one have any tips that might help?that kind of stuff?I have read the manual but I still feel doubts.

bassist5
26th May 2004, 10:12 PM
I thought you had your lisence?

GearHead
26th May 2004, 10:16 PM
learners permit

Vermont Saab
26th May 2004, 10:19 PM
Don't hit other cars, and keep it between the lines!

(Seriously though)

Study the book, try to keep a clear head while you take the written and go with your gut feeling if you are concerned about a question. If you read the manual you shouldn't have any problems, at least here in Vermont the written questions were pretty easy, almost of a general nature. Good Luck! 8)

SaabScott
26th May 2004, 10:23 PM
"Big test tomarrow"

Hopefully they won't be giving you a spelling test! :wink:

Just kidding GearHead ... good luck! 8)

DeLorean
26th May 2004, 10:42 PM
Saabscott, I was about to say the exact same thing :oops:

jetman
26th May 2004, 10:53 PM
Shoulder check everything over and over again. Use your mirrors a lot. They like to see the defensive driving.

Vector-SS
26th May 2004, 10:59 PM
exactly.....the mirrors, and make sure you keep looking in your blind spots <-----important

bassist5
26th May 2004, 11:02 PM
I'm confused.. are you taking the driving test or the written test?

CleveSaab
26th May 2004, 11:29 PM
Usually it's both.
GL!

Vector-SS
26th May 2004, 11:35 PM
Wouldnt he get the learners permit if he passes the written first?

yfs87
27th May 2004, 07:50 AM
back 2 years ago or whatever it was when i first got my permit, i had to take the writing first...whatever

just do what seems right and safe and you will get almost all the writing right. for the driving dont exceed the speed limit at all costs, lay off hard accelerations, and check the blind spots constantly vector-ss said. good luck

-wyeth

Oliver
27th May 2004, 08:29 AM
I thought you had your lisence?
If that was on purpose, LMAO!!
Hahaha...
Sorry Gearhead :oops:

900t
27th May 2004, 07:50 PM
I had a computerized one for the learner's permit, pretty self-explanatory, 64 questions not one mistake 8)

GearHead
27th May 2004, 08:56 PM
took the written test today(the offical one that you get at DMV) missed 5 but still passed.Im taking the driving test sometime after is infernal rain clears up.But I probally will use my mothers minivan :cry: I'll try not to be spotted.I would take my car but some of the things I do with a manual are not appriate....bad for tires,gearboxes,etc

Hint* uber jackrabbit starts with strips of rubber being layed down.

valbowski1980
27th May 2004, 09:09 PM
Toss the beer can before you get into the car with the instructor.

GearHead
27th May 2004, 09:15 PM
also must toss bong JK

valbowski1980
27th May 2004, 09:20 PM
also must toss bong JK

No! Those are too expensive. Just leave the ol' girl at home.

GearHead
27th May 2004, 09:23 PM
what about the bag?

valbowski1980
27th May 2004, 09:25 PM
what about the bag?

That all depends on whats in it. On second thoughs leave that at home as well, the bong might get lonely. Just make sure your dog doesn't find it, mine did once :( .

Willy Wonka
27th May 2004, 09:26 PM
At the first stop sign tell the instructor "Chinese fire drill". Get out of the van. Run around it. Get back in. :lol:
Be sure the van is clean and up to dmv inspection, and do walk round the back.

DeLorean
27th May 2004, 11:05 PM
took the written test today(the offical one that you get at DMV) missed 5 but still passed.Im taking the driving test sometime after is infernal rain clears up.But I probally will use my mothers minivan :cry: I'll try not to be spotted.I would take my car but some of the things I do with a manual are not appriate....bad for tires,gearboxes,etc

Hint* uber jackrabbit starts with strips of rubber being layed down.

I always have such a hard time telling exactly what gearhead is saying. If the dis-jointed rambling sentences don't make it hard enough, the "spelling" surely does. :nono;

Hmmm what ever happened to the CNC machine jokes, I think it may be time for those to make a come back! ;)

Not trying to go "VW vortex" on you, it's all in good fun