Southern California Meet [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Southern California Meet

stevehayes01
26th May 2004, 03:17 AM
Hi I am in Southern California (Orange County to be exact) and I was interested if anyone would have an interst in getting a SoCal meet together? It doesnt have to be a run somewhere it can just be a meet at a park or something. If anyones interested let me know. I was thinking a weekend in late June or early July maybe. If you don't want to meet well I will be forced to take drastic measures and just have a meet with myself!!! :cheesy: I was also thinking maybe a Dyno day or a track day at Carlsbad or Pomona raceway? Any takers just post back and maybe we can actually get this moved into the SAAB Events section!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

alan forsyth
26th May 2004, 05:39 PM
send me a plane ticket and i'm there mate :cheesy:

SoCalViggen
26th May 2004, 06:57 PM
Sup,

I'm usually in SoCal (Long Beach area) but for the next few months I'm out of town for work. I'll be back around mid-August. After that, I'm down for some kind of get-together.

Seth

stevehayes01
27th May 2004, 02:37 PM
Alan if I had the money I would gladly send you the fare!!! I think August would also work for a get together. I am in the Cypress area of Orange County and hang out in Long Beach down by 2nd street with my wife alot so maybe you'll see me there SoCalViggen. Hopefully we can get more people to chime in here!!! :P :P :P :P

9.3 Joe
27th May 2004, 03:59 PM
I am in the Santa Monica/WLA area and would be game for a gtg. I see alot of 93 rides around here, ssems like we could get a good group together.

sjhudon
27th May 2004, 05:55 PM
I'm down in San Diego, I might be down for a meet...

stevehayes01
27th May 2004, 05:59 PM
No were talking! Would you guys be interested more in meeting or maybe a dyno day? If you are interested in a dyno day I will see what I can get together on pricing and times. Steve Millen's shop is really close and I know he rents his dyno out. Or if you guys want to meet I will start looking for places in between LA and SD that would be convienent to meet at. I post some ideas after I do a little research.

MSOEMiller
28th May 2004, 08:59 PM
If you meet at my apartment, you can all try to figure out why my '88 900 SPG won't pass the smog test. I've only driven it 2,000 miles in 14 months !!!

But seriously, I'd like to meet sometime.

Note the Red sticker and lack of CA license plate

stevehayes01
28th May 2004, 10:36 PM
What part of smog is it failing? Is it the 35mph test or the idle test? And is it high HC's or what? I used to be Bar90 Smog certified for California so I may be able to help.Then we can take the SPG somewhere else other than your house!!!!

MSOEMiller
29th May 2004, 12:57 AM
NOx

You can see the history of what I've done here . . .

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2156&highlight=smog

PM me, so we don't lose the direction of this posting.
Much appreciated.

stevehayes01
3rd June 2004, 12:29 PM
NOx

PM me, so we don't lose the direction of this posting.
Much appreciated.

Will do. Hopefully we can get it running so we can see what a well tuned SPG does against my lowly T16! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: