Men vs. Women [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Men vs. Women

ellison
24-05-04, 10:06 PM
Obviously this is mostly a male website...but out of pure curiosity what is the ratio between men vs. woman???? Or to make it easier woman vs. men????

Vector-SS
24-05-04, 10:09 PM
i can assure you not many. I believe i have seen around 5 women participating in the forums. We surely need more 8)

MonkeyMan
24-05-04, 10:17 PM
I saw the title of this thread and thought OH BOY THIS WILL BE FUNNY! :lol:

I think that the sad truth is that most girls just don't take the same level of interest in cars as guys do....and I give mad props to the ones who do! 8)

In fact, I'd really like to marry someone who likes cars, and since I prefer women that may be a bit of a chore; and help would be greatly appreciated. Or I could just pull a "Cuba" and have a whole harem of hot women to accommodate my every need.

BEN

SaabScott
24-05-04, 10:24 PM
Funny ... Cleve and I were talking about this just the other day.

The conclusion we came to was that women generally are not into their cars that much.
The ones that are are a very rare breed indeed!

goalkeeper21
24-05-04, 10:26 PM

I think that the sad truth is that most girls just don't take the same level of interest in cars as guys do....and I give mad props to the ones who do! 8)

In fact, I'd really like to marry someone who likes cars, and since I prefer women that may be a bit of a chore; and help would be greatly appreciated. Or I could just pull a "Cuba" and have a whole harem of hot women to accommodate my every need.
BEN

I was thinking the same thing, I love those sexist jokes they are histerical. I especially love the reactions of them. So let's turn this into a sexist joke section!
Tony

ricot83
24-05-04, 10:37 PM
o boy tony what've u started

bassist5
24-05-04, 10:43 PM

BEN

I was thinking the same thing, I love those sexist jokes they are histerical. I especially love the reactions of them. So let's turn this into a sexist joke section!
Tony

Lmao, I've got a few.. I'll PM them to you if you want, I don't wanna post them here, I'd get in trouble..

SaabScott
24-05-04, 10:46 PM

BEN

Tony

:nono; :nono; :nono;

goalkeeper21
25-05-04, 04:27 AM
Oh come on everyone of you guys think they are funny you just won't admit it! Even though you are a moderator you have to think they are funny also saabscott!
Tony

Ricky Lake
25-05-04, 09:30 AM
er - hasn't this gone a little 'off topic', as far as I can tell you aren't getting much help here ellison...

I can only add my name to the male side of the equation.

R.

and for what I am about to type, please forgive me...

A guy is driving along one evening when all of a sudden he sees blue lights in the mirror. As instructed he pulls over to the side of the road whereupon the police officer comes to the side of the car beckons him to wind down the window. "Good evening sir, could you step out of the car please I have reason to believe you`ve been drinking." What gave it away, was I driving erratically ?" "No sir it was the fat ugly bird in the passenger seat." - Let that be a lesson, when drinking always leave your beer goggles at home!!

And for the ladies : Four rules to a perfect marriage - 1. Get a man who can tidy up round the house and cook gourmet food. 2. Get a man who earns good money. 3. Get a man who is a considerate lover with the body of a god. 4. Make sure the 3 blokes never bump into each other!!

ellison
25-05-04, 09:41 AM
LOL Ricky.

That seems to be the nature of this forum. Usually my posts run way off course.

:-?

:cheesy:

Rhino2.3t
25-05-04, 09:44 AM
[quote="ellison"]LOL Ricky.

Usually my posts run way off course.
quote]

far be it for me to do such a thing though.. hang on, that almost sounded like a guilty conscience :cheesy:

Ricky Lake
25-05-04, 10:00 AM
LOL Ricky.

That seems to be the nature of this forum. Usually my posts run way off course.

Phew, looks like I might have got away with that one... :D

Out of interest, has the expression 'beer goggles' crossed the atlantic? Seems in fairly common usage on this side of the pond, but not sure about the US...

Stuart
25-05-04, 10:30 AM
Obviously this is mostly a male website...but out of pure curiosity what is the ratio between men vs. woman???? Or to make it easier woman vs. men????
i can assure you not many. I believe i have seen around 5 women participating in the forums. We surely need more 8)

A comment from my missus: "I've got far better things to do with my time than spend it sitting in front of a computer conversing with sad people about engines and turbo-this and turbo-that...The only reason you like powerful cars is because it's the male aggressive hormone kicking in and because you like to boast about how much 'power' you have. Why don't you all go back to the playground and shout "my dad's bigger than your dad" at each other." :o

I think it's either the time of the month or I've forgotten something important.. :oops:

lionsgraphics
25-05-04, 10:55 AM
Out of interest, has the expression 'beer goggles' crossed the atlantic? Seems in fairly common usage on this side of the pond, but not sure about the US...

yup, it did. :D

Mattlach
25-05-04, 12:11 PM

Then again... how many err... closeted(?) women could there be in this forum? I mean your gender is not directly apparent when asking technical questions about cars. (or when blabbing on in the lounge)

But you are probably right. Unfortunately every stereotype that exists is based to some extent on reality, and guys tend to be more into cars and less into home decor, and vice versa :(

I fit that stereotype perfectly well :P My apartment has seven windows. I don't own a curtain :P

Mattlach
25-05-04, 12:14 PM

Funny that... I always thought that expression started on our side of the pond... :P

sjhudon
25-05-04, 12:20 PM

Funny that... I always thought that expression started on our side of the pond... :P

Na they have been drinking beer longer, plus have you seen the women from that side of the pond.... necessity is the mother of all invention. :cheesy:

Munki
25-05-04, 02:36 PM
A comment from my missus: "I've got far better things to do with my time than spend it sitting in front of a computer conversing with sad people about engines and turbo-this and turbo-that...
Are there forums for shoes, chocolate and kittens then? :cheesy:

Don't you dare tell her where I live Stu :o
[have you seen the women from that side of the pond.... necessity is the mother of all invention. :cheesy:
Oh dear, You've made it onto Mrs. Munki's s**t list now... :nono;

dano1atty
25-05-04, 03:40 PM
We all need to improve our pick-up lines. Maybe the girls will notice and show up in droves. :cheesy: Or maybe chatting about transmissions and wax jobs don't appeal to them. A Love Advice section under Forums might attract them. :wink:

ellison
25-05-04, 05:36 PM
far be it for me to do such a thing though.. hang on, that almost sounded like a guilty conscience :cheesy:

Awww loooook! A guilty culprit owns up!

Tweek's Turbos
25-05-04, 05:51 PM
I have no idea what the ratio is, but I can only think of Skib, Yourself, E-Guru, Heavy T's wife...and C-VertGirl.

Munki
25-05-04, 05:57 PM
Heavy T's wife
Oh thanks for the invite then Tom! :roll:

ragtopcav
25-05-04, 06:48 PM
I have no idea what the ratio is, but I can only think of Skib, Yourself, E-Guru, Heavy T's wife...and C-VertGirl.Heavy T got married :o

There is also Angua [my missus, 9000 owner and rapidly turning into a nutter turbo barge freak petrol head type :o ], Mrs Munki, Mrs Kevitree, wolfepaws, chickwithasaab, misskai theres a few more that I'm struggling to recall.
[edit]
Not so sure about Mrs Kevitree, but as I recall Mrs Clevesaab has registered as has Mrs Greenphotos, also BillyS is another one of the 'girls'.
When I was first browsing these boards there was a Sara too as i recall.

TFatC
25-05-04, 06:54 PM
Well, I have met at least 6 of the female posters at different Saabcentral get togethers, and they are all Ladies who appreciate their cars as much as I do. And they drink like the blokes! :cheesy:

Ooops. Think I blew it with that last bit, and I was doing so well..... :cheesy: :nono; :oops:

ricot83
25-05-04, 07:52 PM
CHEESY PICK UP LINE #1: "Do you believe in love at first site, or should i walk by again?"

let's hear em

Mattlach
25-05-04, 08:39 PM
let's hear em

I can come home with you or after you... Your choice. :cheesy:

bassist5
25-05-04, 08:39 PM
You can't beat this for cheesiness: "I may not be the best looking guy here, but I'm the only one talking to you."

Then you've got: "Did you just fart? Cause you blew me away?"

"Are you a parking ticket? Cause you've got "fine" written all over you!"

ricot83
25-05-04, 08:45 PM
I may not be Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make your bed rock.

Yo Baby, you be my Dairy Queen, I'll be your Burger King, you treat me right, and I'll do it your way

Your body's name must be Visa, because it's everywhere I want to be.

If I could rewrite the alphabet, I would put U and I together

keep em comin i got tons more

SaabScott
25-05-04, 09:26 PM
Just so we are all on the same playing field here ... the first complaint, this thread gets locked! :cheesy:

Until then, keep them clean.

ricot83
25-05-04, 09:32 PM
lol thanks for the warning... :cheesy:

bassist5
25-05-04, 09:33 PM
Fair enough.

heavy_t
26-05-04, 02:50 AM
I have no idea what the ratio is, but I can only think of Skib, Yourself, E-Guru, Heavy T's wife...and C-VertGirl.Heavy T got married :o

I don't remember it. Must have been drunk! :lol:

roller girl
26-05-04, 04:18 PM
chiming in as one of the few women about the forums...

there are precious few of us

probably why i don't have any female friends, none of them can identify with the car thing. mostly people think i'm strange and Dirk is lucky :cheesy:

joke: a few rules from The Man Code:

Never join your girlfriend/wife in dissing a buddy, except when she's withholding sex pending your response.

When stumbling upon other guys watching a sports event, you may always ask the score of the game in progress, but you may never ask who's playing.

The universal compensation for buddies who help you move is beer.

Complaining about the brand of free beer in a buddy's refrigerator is forbidden. You may gripe if the temperature is unsuitable.

The minimum amount of time you have to wait for another guy who's running late is five minutes. For a girl, you are required to wait 10 minutes for every point of hotness she scores on the classic 1-10 babe scale.

When you are queried by a buddy's wife, girlfriend, mother, father, priest, shrink, dentist, accountant, or dog walker, you need not and should not provide any useful information whatsoever as to his whereabouts. You are permitted to deny his very existence.

Any man who brings a camera to a bachelor party may be legally killed and eaten by his fellow partygoers.

ellison
26-05-04, 09:55 PM
LOL Roller girl...guys do use the cheesist pick up lines...I recently had.......

Hey...do you know this place (me...yes) Well..I 'm new here and why don't you give me your address...I don't know your address yet.

PS- funny one about the minimum amount of time a guy has to wait!

goalkeeper21
26-05-04, 10:04 PM
I love the man code it is so true! I definately follow most of those rules. I'll do a search and post the site to the man code if no one has seen it.
Tony

jetman
26-05-04, 10:06 PM
YOu want cheesy?
"Hi, my name is _____. I just came over to find out if you're as interseting as you are beautiful."
Saddest part is that it works.

goalkeeper21
26-05-04, 10:17 PM
http://www.geocities.com/simoncore/mancode.html
That is the man code from what rollar girl was talking about. So funny even after I've read it so many times.
Tony

GearHead
26-05-04, 10:22 PM
hey jetman im gonna try that one tomarrow at school.if I get slapped or ruin my chances,you will recieve a virtual slap.

Vermont Saab
26-05-04, 10:24 PM
Funny!

GearHead
26-05-04, 10:30 PM
*waiting for someone to call BS as I fibbed by more than 50%*

jetman
26-05-04, 10:32 PM
I never said it worked for me. I make the ladies do all the work! :cheesy:

bassist5
26-05-04, 10:33 PM
*waiting for someone to call BS as I fibbed by more than 50%*

We all figured it was B.S... I hope, at least.

jetman
26-05-04, 10:40 PM
That he's gonna talk to a girl or slap me?
I can take a punch.
Gearhead, girls like self confidence in a guy. If you dont have it, fake it. Its the same thing.

Cuba
28-05-04, 12:23 AM
Or I could just pull a "Cuba" and have a whole harem of hot women to accommodate my every need.

BEN

I think I must be missing something here. Because where is my freakin' harem? no...wait stop looking, I found them, they're all wriggling like spaghetti on a huge pile of silk pillows in the golden room, 3 floor, west wing.

...You know how spaghetti wriggles when you suck it?