Capital District Saab Enthusiasts [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Capital District Saab Enthusiasts

Tomoose
24th May 2004, 06:31 PM
A couple of us in the Albany, NY area are starting up a Saab Club for local saab nuts. As of right now, we are working on getting space in a garage (with lifts) on sundays for detailing and minor installs. There is no membership fee, and we will be making window decals for club members (for a small fee).

This weekend we are gonna try to have a little get together, most likely Saturday on the state office campus in Albany (2 minutes off of I-90 and I-87). If you are interested in joining our club, you can check us out at CDsaabs.org (http://www.cdsaabs.org) or email cdsaab@hotmail.com

you can also pm either me (tomoose) or Mike (cheekoman) for more info.

-Tom
www.cdsaabs.org

SaabScott
24th May 2004, 11:16 PM
It almost sounds like this could turn into a Kodak-like thing for those in the Albany area (I'm only about 3 hours away).
I would be interested in taking the drive if I needed to replace my struts and springs ... :cheesy:

cheekoman
25th May 2004, 09:44 AM
Join the CDSE!!!! It's fun and it's cool.... don't you want to be cool?

Tomoose
25th May 2004, 05:44 PM
I agree, c'mon people, join up!

cheekoman
25th May 2004, 05:48 PM
looks like we're going to have to start offering free beer, naked women and buffalo wings to make this happen..... looks like we should probably make the post subject something more like "sexy chicks at the CDSE GTG this weekend"

SaabScott
25th May 2004, 08:02 PM
looks like we're going to have to start offering free beer, naked women and buffalo wings to make this happen..... looks like we should probably make the post subject something more like "sexy chicks at the CDSE GTG this weekend"

Promises, promises! :cheesy:

Unfortunately, this weekend is out for me, but I'll be looking forward to some other gatherings!

Are you guys all coming out to the Thousand Islands gathering on June 6? 8)

Tomoose
26th May 2004, 09:55 AM
I think I will, I wanted to go up to Canton, NY anyway, so why not!
-Tom

cheekoman
26th May 2004, 03:27 PM
won't be able to make that one :cry: Gotta pack... closing on my house soon.

Tweek's Turbos
26th May 2004, 08:01 PM
I cant make it, and my Email is down, thats why my info isnt on the site yet. I am getting a TSL Email addy though.

Jon1
30th May 2004, 09:12 PM
How was CDSE's first event? Any photos? How many cars / people?

Sorry that I couldn't make it, I had a previous engagement at 11:00 am on Saturday.

Good luck,
Jon
jon1..

Tomoose
30th May 2004, 10:47 PM
Photos (http://www.cdsaabs.org/photos.html)
more to come, We had more than a few people that werent able to come. We are planning on having another meet in 2 or 3 sundays, so hopefully more people can come.

-Tom