Great race in Monaco.. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Great race in Monaco..

Lodro
24th May 2004, 01:15 AM
Don't know if there are many other F1 fans here -- there have to be, right? But what a great race today. Really nice to see Renault and BAR doing so well -- really feels like we are in the middle of a change in dynasties. And I really appreciate the fine coverage that Speed is giving us here in the US.

Simon
24th May 2004, 03:34 AM
It wasn't a bad race. I was watching it with an Italian so as you can imagine they were quite pleased an Italian driver won!

Abbott 900
24th May 2004, 04:08 AM
I was pleased to see get pole, and hold it for a win...

My highlights of the race had to be the top smashes, Alonso didn't look very happy did he!!! :o :o

Sparky
24th May 2004, 05:18 AM
So was there some overtaking or would that have been too much to ask?

heavy_t
24th May 2004, 06:35 AM
Nah I thing the lead driver bought his Ginsters Pastie in record time at the garage and was out again before the second placed guy caught up :roll:

Alex
24th May 2004, 07:33 AM
Montoya passed a few people including Barricello.

Certainly a more exciting race than the Spanish GP.

yfs87
24th May 2004, 08:08 AM
i would like to get around to seeing an F1 race at some point, they look so...fast 8)

brunp
24th May 2004, 09:55 AM
I watched it with our Canadian station known as TSN. Both stations have the same feed from the local TV companies that take the shots, however, when I view Speedvision and TSN side-by-side, TSN has no static and appears to get the live-feed before Speedvision does as I notice that Speedvision is about 3 to 4 seconds slower than TSN.

However, regardless, it was an excellent race with spectacular crashes....something that doesn't happen on a real race track that often.

Paul

baco99
24th May 2004, 10:17 AM
what a dumb move by Alonso in the tunnel. he shoudl have waited. Would have been better to finish 3rd behind Schumi than not at all.

a truly great race, tho. glad to see some new faces up on the podium.

Abbott 900
24th May 2004, 10:43 AM
what a dumb move by Alonso in the tunnel. he shoudl have waited. Would have been better to finish 3rd behind Schumi than not at all.

a truly great race, tho. glad to see some new faces up on the podium.

According to Alonso afterwards, Ralf Schumacher who he was about to lap, was being given the blue flag to let Alonso past, slowed in the tunnel forcing Alonso to go wide, and then accelerated again, keeping him on the dirty side of the track...

Lancs900T16s
24th May 2004, 11:37 AM
Ralf's brain aint with him when hes racing and nothing seems to be his fault, anyone remember Malasiya and the Taku incident?, needless to say Alonso likes to live dangerously remember his high speed accident at Brazil he didnt lift for the yellows then!

Not sure what to make of Shumi and Montoya rift, IMHO shumi shouldnt have been lifting in that tunnel its bad enough to see as it is let alone in the darkness of the tunnel, and what the hell where those marshalls playing at? they where all over the track!

All in all an entertaining race!

CR
24th May 2004, 04:51 PM
Nice to see someone else win one of these!

Its getting tedious seeing the same old face on the podium. perhaps the authorities should bring in a new rule, after winning X times, automatic retirement, just like US presidents.

At least then we get more competition.... :oops:

Munki
24th May 2004, 05:55 PM
perhaps the authorities should bring in a new rule, after winning X times, automatic retirement
Nah, bring back turbos, skirts and personalities...till then I'll continue to watch paint dry in preference to F1. :roll: