Wonka's Folly [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Wonka's Folly

Willy Wonka
22nd May 2004, 10:01 PM
Bumped into this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2479228987&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
It was from the next town over. So what the heck.

bassist5
22nd May 2004, 10:03 PM
nice! I want a car :cry:

Slaab4life
22nd May 2004, 11:00 PM
Nice find Willy.
Please don't ask if you can drive it. Parts only !
Well, thats what the previous owner had to say. Now your the new owner, so how bout it Willy? Can I drive it? Please Please Pulllease? :cheesy:

Willy Wonka
22nd May 2004, 11:13 PM
Nice find Willy.
Please don't ask if you can drive it. Parts only !
Well, thats what the previous owner had to say. Now your the new owner, so how bout it Willy? Can I drive it? Please Please Pulllease? :cheesy:

Sure. Got a few things to do first. It's a liability thing. If he had said it was road worthy then he'd be liable to ebay for it to pass inspection. $400 who cares. I'm clearing some room in a building for it. Once I've gone through it to the point where it's not an accident waiting to happen, then a drive is in order.
I can picture you in it with a helmet. 8)

SaabScott
24th May 2004, 12:06 PM
Very nice Willy! 8)

That's just the sort of project I was looking for. :cry:
You'll have to let us all know how things work out.

Matthew
24th May 2004, 12:19 PM
Very nice Willy! 8)
*s******* :cheesy: :cheesy:

I'm sure he appreciates the compliment Scott :cheesy: ;) :P

Abbott 900
24th May 2004, 12:21 PM
Very nice Willy! 8)

hahahaha... Can't believe I missed that one... :cheesy:

Willy Wonka
24th May 2004, 08:44 PM
Very nice Willy! 8)

Will the cruelty ever stop? :lol:
Drove it home. Amazing it runs, there's a vaccum leak so large in the cockpit that you can hear it, and the boost/vac gauge doesn't work. Rode smooth, shifted well, and stopped ok (big peddle). It handled bumps ok. The boot/trunk won't readily unlock but I got it to sort of work. I'll pop the lock later. Tomorrow the lower dash comes out, the vaccum lines get fixed.
Comes with all the manuals, has been maintained by the mechanic since 1991. The cover is still on the AMM resistor screw. The exhaust is guaranteed by midas. The cd works as do all the power windows. Got to contact the owner about the boot cover.
Thanks Scott, yeah, and Matt too. 8)

Also got a dent puller, 12v vaccum cleaner, and a tire gauge, all in the trunk.

Taking the rest of this to the 900 workshop: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31057

SaabScott
25th May 2004, 07:49 PM
Very nice Willy! 8)

hahahaha... Can't believe I missed that one... :cheesy:

At least you didn't write it though. :o :roll:

Willy Wonka
27th May 2004, 07:36 AM
Think I found why the car was sold. The battery was discharging "by its self". While looking at the trunk, I saw that the inside light was on and the little lever broken off. It now holds a charge, with the light off. The trunk lock was a pain. But I recalibrated the tumblers. I've posted pics at http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31057

Willy Wonka
20th June 2004, 11:40 PM
To follow up on this. After almost 1 month I got the paper work sorted out. A lien that never existed stalled this till the banks archives were checked, which after multiple mergers was no fun. The car seems fine. New tires, exhaust, battery, 1500 miles left on this oil change. I'm keeping it stock. It drives fine. Wife seems to like the turbo says she tries not to race, but passes when she has to. :lol:

The old owner bought a saab v6 convertible, 56k miles, nice deep burgandy color. Had the 900 maintained by the same shop/ mechanic since 91.

Met the mechanic today, in the middle of the westport river. He trolled past my mooring. I had just finished saying to him that I had caught stripped bass here before, when he got a hit and landed and released a nice 36" fish. Good timing again.