The Pennsylvania Point System [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: The Pennsylvania Point System

DeLorean
21st May 2004, 04:41 PM
Thought some of you guys might get a kick out of some of the "violations" you can get points for these days. they just updated the lists--

http://www.dot4.state.pa.us/pdotforms/dl_forms/dl-71p.pdf

SaabScott
21st May 2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks ... just what I needed the day before I drive through your state! :o

DeLorean
21st May 2004, 07:41 PM
yeah, crazy, eh? :evil:

GearHead
21st May 2004, 09:33 PM
they seem to use a lot of "failure"

dougsaab
22nd May 2004, 12:03 AM
Scott, you only have about 50 miles to drive to get through PA tomorrow.....so you should be OK.

Cleve is expecting you, so you better show up :o

I was out there tonight and came back home to sleep in a warm, dry bed. Cleve reserved the soggiest campground for you. :lol:

squishmann
22nd May 2004, 01:37 AM
i have 6 points if i don't get these tickets thrown out.

if you get 6 points you have to take a written exam.

i hate the government. they are so gay(not in a homo way)

instead of fining people they should make them do community service. how does a regualar person pay $600 in tickets? what if i were unemployed

when i was in highschool we would have to clean the campus saturday mornings if we got in trouble.

100 acres, most of it corn fields and there was not a single piece of trash. there was only one janitor and all he did was dust. the students did the rest.

DeLorean
22nd May 2004, 01:46 AM
ha, you lucky duck. only 6... I'm at 8, and more to come! :lol: just give me time. us PA guys should make a game out of this.

who ever gets the most points... wins! :cheesy: :nono;

sethsev7n
22nd May 2004, 03:03 AM
PA? since when are you guys getting pulled over by PA cops? If ur having trouble over here you should even set foot in NJ :o

Skip
22nd May 2004, 01:13 PM
None of this seems particularly unusual or unreasonable. Well, maybe 4 points for failing to stop at a RR crossing, or 30-day suspension :o (and 4 points) for a crossing gate violation! Have there been a lot of car-train collisions producing the typical overreaction in the legislature?

Are the 3 points for exceeding the special speed limit in a school zone in addition to the points for ordinary speeding? I'd assume so. In most states, school zones are places where you'd really best toe the line because 1) the penalties are heavy, 2) they're often patrolled, and last but not least, 3) you really can hurt someone; so many kids, so little sense. IIRC, in Houston about 20 years ago a co-worker's kid was caught going 10 over in a school zone and her fine (usually $50 for 10 over) was $500! :o

Do note, though, that speeding less than 6 mph over the limit carries no points. Ergo, the actual speed limit is 5 more than posted (except in school zones).