The Collection Increases [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: The Collection Increases

TFatC
20th May 2004, 05:50 PM
Just returned fom 3 weeks of misery offshore, to find the c900 vert at the workshop is most likely going to a new home (if you see a red vert on trade plates between Aberdeen and Wolverhampton on Saturday, give me a wave!). The new owner is obviously improving his image and taste as he is trading in a Rolls Royce Shadow!

On my answer machine is a message from the guy I bough the collection from, wanting to know when I am going to collect the other TWO c900i he has waiting for me :o

Trouble is, I am running out of room, so will have to strip the worst of the cars I have and weigh in the shells. Busy couple of weeks coming up :cheesy:

Rob Hill
20th May 2004, 06:10 PM
You say trading in - as in part ex? Does this mean you end up with the roller? :o

whitesaab
20th May 2004, 07:21 PM
If your only going to collect 2 saabs this time Nick you could suffer from cold turkey. Always remember 'a saab a day keeps the doctor away'.

As a matter of interest I phoned Engine Resources and had a chat about my crank. As you said, they know what they're doing but it's not cheap. Since then I've spoken to my friendly local Saab dealers head mechanic who syas that it's highly unlikely that the crank will need a re-grind and a full set of standard bearings and rings should put the job right. I'm taking it in for him to have a look at next week.

He also may have 2 B series engines , a water pump, a spare jackshaft, various seals & gaskets & other bits for me.

He also aksed me if I could find a home for a very early 99EMS with an auto box & only 60,000 miles on it. I'm tempted !.

Who says Saab dealers aren't helpful? :D

And for Gods sake don't throw any power steering racks away.

Rob Hill
21st May 2004, 07:41 PM
Dare I ask how much (EMS)?

whitesaab
22nd May 2004, 06:21 AM
Dare I ask how much (EMS)?

I need to find out some more details but at the moment it would appear that, if I want it, I can just take it away for nothing.

nutcase
22nd May 2004, 07:33 AM
:o

Lucky so and so :)

spence
22nd May 2004, 04:54 PM
i could use screen out of you silver t16 the one with the tint on top of it (screen) :cheesy: :cheesy: