who makes !!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: who makes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pda
20th May 2004, 01:53 PM
I was asked by someone at work the other day.......
who makes saabs then & where do they come from :roll: :roll:

I replied with a smile :cheesy: :cheesy: SAAB & SWEDEN

& what do you think the guy drives who asked me :-? :-?

thats right a ..................

3 series bmw (wot a *^$*er)

Paul

valbowski1980
20th May 2004, 02:24 PM
The new 9-3 conv. is made in Austria just like BMW's new X3.

Jezzadee
20th May 2004, 03:26 PM
The old 900 Convertible was made in Finland IIRC.

Dave B
20th May 2004, 03:42 PM
Your car may well have been made in Finland too. Mine was!
One of the letters of your chassis number tells you where it was made. There is a post on here somewhere that gives the chassis numbering breakdown.

Dave

CosmicSaab
20th May 2004, 03:58 PM
I sometimes wish I has a 3 Series BMW, or even better, a LEXUS!

Jezzadee
20th May 2004, 04:09 PM
Mine was made in Malmo, Sweden. Thought only convertibles were made in Finland - place called Uusikaupunkki (sp?, obviously). I suppose Nystad could be the Swedish name for it - does happen over there. The VIN decoder is here:

http://www.secret-secret.com/turbo/DIY/vin.html

fabric
20th May 2004, 05:51 PM
Wasn't the SPG made in Finland? Maybe it was just finished up there. :) :) :)

Matthew
20th May 2004, 06:10 PM
Both my 900s were made in Nystad, Finland.

20Ted
20th May 2004, 09:53 PM

I've got a better one -

I was getting the rear tires replaced a few weeks ago and asked the guy if he knew how to get the tranny out of reverse. Of course he replied "yes" with a sarcastic droll...10 seconds later he sheepishly comes back to me and says "maybe you do need to show me how".

Then after that he says "These GERMAN :o cars sure are getting tricky." All I could do is say "No - German cars are just getting tacky, but Swedish cars have always been tricky..."

valbowski1980
20th May 2004, 11:14 PM

I've got a better one -

I was getting the rear tires replaced a few weeks ago and asked the guy if he knew how to get the tranny out of reverse. Of course he replied "yes" with a sarcastic droll...10 seconds later he sheepishly comes back to me and says "maybe you do need to show me how".

Then after that he says "These GERMAN :o cars sure are getting tricky." All I could do is say "No - German cars are just getting tacky, but Swedish cars have always been tricky..."

I had that problem on my first test drive.

brunp
20th May 2004, 11:15 PM
The user manual should identify the meaning behind the vehicle serial number if I am not mistaken....

Paul

Slowpc
20th May 2004, 11:35 PM
^

Yea, in the back it tells you most VIN information.

92-Vert
20th May 2004, 11:50 PM
20 Ted Wrote.
Then after that he says "These GERMAN cars sure are getting tricky." All I could do is say "No - German cars are just getting tacky, but Swedish cars have always been tricky..."

That's not a car buddy that's a "Saab" :cheesy:

goalkeeper21
21st May 2004, 12:41 AM
You should have done a "here's your sign" comment, for everyone that doesn't know what a "here's your sign" comment is I'll explain. The comedian's name escapes me right now but he is one of the four that is in blue collared comedy tour (wicked funny movie, you have to watch it. only for americans that can appreciate real redneck stuff but also has other hunor in it) well whenever someone says a dumb comment such as what make the car is and where is it from when they are clearly looking at the emblom on the hood, you reply with a real wise comment such as chevy they changed their emblom and it is made in your back yard then you say, here's your sign. It is pretty funny. go on kazaa or something and look them up, my friend and I always do them whenever someone says a dumb comment.
Tony

enobar
21st May 2004, 03:27 AM
Is that comedian Jeff Foxworthy or something?