Just orderd Eibach pro-kit and found H&R after ! Some Q [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Just orderd Eibach pro-kit and found H&R after ! Some Q

JDMboy
19-05-04, 04:17 PM
hello everyone
me and my wife have a 03' 9-3 vector and i really wanted to lower the car and was told eiabch was the only company who made springs for it so i orderd a set today then i come here and join the forums and find out H&R has a set and its lower that the Eibachs i orderd!
will this be a noticable differnece?
the 30 vs 40-MM?
i really wanted it to be pretty low so do u guys think i will
be happy with the eibachs or should i go and try to exchange them and get he H&R's?

Also will this get rid of the back looking lower than the front look?

does anyone have pix of the 9-3's on eibach's pro-kit springsv and on H&R's?
thank you

03_Saab 9-3
19-05-04, 06:09 PM
Hmm good question, im not sure if you will notice a ton of difference between 30mm and 40mm... I do know from past experience, Eibach's tend to be a bit more stiffer of a spring then H&R.. I ran bach's on my GTI for a few years, my buddy had H&R's , his car was a bit smoother, but I out handled him everytime.

Im not sure if anyone here has done either the Eibach or H&R's, I know alot of ppl were planning to and/or have already done but not sure about pics.

Are you replacing the shocks/struts too?

JDMboy
19-05-04, 06:13 PM
i do plan to replace the shocks
since i got the eibachs on the way i was thinking of matching them with the eibach pro-damper shocks.
they make a complete pro-kit (shocks/springs)
is it a bad idea if i put these in with out changeing the shocks?

well since your car handled better with the eibachs then i guess its a good thing over the H&R's

the only thing that sux for me is that its mainly my wife's car and she bought the vector in automatic so im not sure there is a reason to go dippin the turns as to having a stick
ahhahahaha

im trying to search for some lowered 9-3's but cant find any?
anoyone know any links?
of members cars i can see?thanx again

nestoraero
19-05-04, 07:32 PM
I think that you should change the shocks too....
The normal ones will die a lot faster with the lower springs and also they will not be cooperating with each oter correctly.(lowered springs-normal shock absorbers)

You will not notice any difference betweeen 30mm and 40mm on your car with the new springs... :wink:

sjhudon
19-05-04, 07:41 PM
I think that you should change the shocks too....
The normal ones will die a lot faster with the lower springs and also they will not be cooperating with each oter correctly.(lowered springs-normal shock absorbers)

You will not notice any difference betweeen 30mm and 40mm on your car with the new springs... :wink:

Depends on how long you are going to drive your car... the normal shocks will still last around 50k miles, which for me is a long time... also you will notice a difference if .39 inches is noticable to you... the difference is between 1.18 inchs and 1.57.

JDMboy
19-05-04, 07:42 PM
thanx for the input
i will get shocks as soon as i can or maybe wait on putting the springs in till i get the shocks.

since i wont notice the differencr between the 30-mm or 40-mm drop i hope there will be a nice difference from stock.

im stil trying to find pix with these springs but cant find anything :x

have any of u seen how it looks?

nestoraero
19-05-04, 07:54 PM
The normal shocks will last much less than 50k miles.....
I don't think that any shock absorber in the world is working at all after 80000kms(50kmls)....
From my personal experience,I use the same shocks for 40-50000 kms maximum...(~30kmls)
After these kms/miles the shocks are completely dead and they don't do any of the things that are supposed to do.
If you put this fact together with lower springs,it will cause the shock to die a lot faster...
On my previous car,after changing from normal springs to lowered ones,the shocks lasted 3000km more...have in mind that the car was 9 months old,with 15000 kms on it....
I was using APEX springs at the beggining.Then I put on the car the bilstein sprint set(springs/shocks)...Great suspension.....

saabie
19-05-04, 10:31 PM
This is a picture of a 9-3SS with the Eibach Prokit

I have travelled about 7K km without upgrading the shocks yet. No problems at all. The shocks will be changed when this set gives up :cheesy:

http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v194/gfyyim/Saab%209-3/1.jpg

CallipNCSUsaab
19-05-04, 11:21 PM
^ :o

Jesus I could have gone without seeing that...

okay, where do I get them and how much? :D

Saba
19-05-04, 11:32 PM
Saabie, did you white-out the writing on your NCT5's. I have those but no white writing.

solid155
19-05-04, 11:41 PM
Saabie, did you white-out the writing on your NCT5's. I have those but no white writing.

If I'm not mistaken, you may install them either black or white wall side.

saabie
20-05-04, 12:01 AM

The wording were not white out. The tires were given tire shine spray before taking this photo. I think it was the lighting that gave the effect.

:cheesy: :cheesy:

saabie
20-05-04, 12:22 AM
Just for comparision. The black car is lowered. The rest are original.

http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v194/gfyyim/Saab%209-3/1a.jpg

JDMboy
20-05-04, 12:57 AM
thanx "saabie"
question though?
the side view shot on the 1st pic u posted looks alot lower than the 2md pic with the silver one's?
is it just the angle?
the 1st pic looks real good :D
alot lower looking than i expected so will mine sit like the 1st pic?
thanx

CallipNCSUsaab
20-05-04, 01:06 AM
I think its just the angle/difference in pic 1 & 2.

here is a similar pic of mine, not lowered. YET.

http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00213675.jpg

JDMboy
20-05-04, 01:13 AM
I think its just the angle/difference in pic 1 & 2.

here is a similar pic of mine, not lowered. YET.

http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00213675.jpg

THANX!
i can really see the difference now
man i can't wait till the springs come in!
i should be getting them thruday or friday
ill post pix in here this weekend with before and after shots.
thanx for the info guys
please post more pix if anyone has some

Vector-SS
20-05-04, 03:14 AM
saabie,

Did you just add the lowering springs and nothing else? If so, is there is a big difference in the ride quality? Also, howcome does the car look lower from the front than the back? Thanks

saabie
20-05-04, 03:52 AM
saabie,

Did you just add the lowering springs and nothing else? If so, is there is a big difference in the ride quality? Also, howcome does the car look lower from the front than the back? Thanks

Yep only changed the springs. Have done research on the shocks too. Probably get them in July.

Front lower than the back..? Maybe. But it might be the angle of the photo. I will post 2 more pic for you to decide.

As for the ride, it is comfortable on normal roads. In fact a fellow 9-3SS owner tested it out and felt it was more comfortable than his stock(of course this is only for normal road conditions). It gets quite stiff when you hit the bumps though.

Those with the front lip spoiler beware, your spoiler is very likely to scrap the ground!!

http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v194/gfyyim/Saab%209-3/40b.jpg
http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v194/gfyyim/Saab%209-3/DSCF0032a.jpg

sjhudon
20-05-04, 10:39 AM
Did you guys have the springs put on at the dealer or elsewhere? How much was it?

pjku79
20-05-04, 11:34 AM
any wheel rubs?

JDMboy
20-05-04, 11:43 AM
Good question any rubs?
Saabie......what size are you rims and tires?
I have the stock vector mesh wheels still with the 225x45-17's on it.
Do u think the gap will be closer meaning a lil bit lower than the 16's on the other models?
Thanx

pjku79
20-05-04, 11:56 AM
Good question any rubs?
Do u think the gap will be closer meaning a lil bit lower than the 16's on the other models?
Thanx

i will assume that there will not be rubs since saba has 18's if i remember correctly and has the H&R springs.

saabie
20-05-04, 09:44 PM
Good question any rubs?
Thanx

No tire rubs at all. My rims & tires are original 16" 215

I think the gap should be the same as long as the rim with tire diameter is the same as mine.

pjku79
20-05-04, 09:46 PM
how much did they cost and how much for install

mav238
21-05-04, 03:12 PM
This is a picture of a 9-3SS with the Eibach Prokit

I have travelled about 7K km without upgrading the shocks yet. No problems at all. The shocks will be changed when this set gives up :cheesy:

Hey Saabie:

Where in Singapore did you take that picture? Having lived there for 21 years, I don't recognize it.

Also, is it my eyes, or are the sport side-skirts and front/rear valance spoilers unpainted?

Nice car though! :D

pjku79
21-05-04, 03:38 PM
they arent painted because its a linear.

saabie
21-05-04, 10:34 PM
[Hey Saabie:

Where in Singapore did you take that picture? Having lived there for 21 years, I don't recognize it.

Also, is it my eyes, or are the sport side-skirts and front/rear valance spoilers unpainted?

at old CMPB, on the road leading to Sammy's curry. The shot is taken facing Holland road.

Yep it is a linear. Spraying the bottom will cost about 250SG. Not sure it is worth the money

SG-Saab
22-05-04, 02:02 PM
[Hey Saabie:

at old CMPB, on the road leading to Sammy's curry. The shot is taken facing Holland road.

Yep it is a linear. Spraying the bottom will cost about 250SG. Not sure it is worth the money

No wander i cannot register the nick "saabie".Seems like we have the same liking for this nick :)

Saba
23-05-04, 10:00 AM
has there been a sale on 9-3SS's in Singapore? Seems to be a lot of you guys now.

SG-Saab
23-05-04, 02:08 PM
has there been a sale on 9-3SS's in Singapore? Seems to be a lot of you guys now.
Sale not really but it seems to me that the local agent did a better job this time round on promoting the 9-3.And with the availablity of mods and the sportier look of this model thus = more 9-3 on the road.

mav238
24-05-04, 02:13 AM
[Hey Saabie:

Interesting, the sport kit are all painted here in north america. Why would they do something like that, when it makes the car look kind of off with unpainted skirts?

sjhudon
24-05-04, 11:02 AM
How much were the springs to install?

wills
04-06-04, 11:56 AM
I have a grey Linear, which I have added the 17" 5 spoke wheels to, and also painted the lower trim.
I am now looking at costings etc for the Eibach springs and can get them fitted for approx 300GBP
The car does look fairly low already though, and I think this is partly due to the painted trim.
My only concern now is that the tyres may catch on the arch as I have 225/45/17s - do you think this will be a problem?

sjhudon
04-06-04, 11:59 AM
I have a grey Linear, which I have added the 17" 5 spoke wheels to, and also painted the lower trim.
I am now looking at costings etc for the Eibach springs and can get them fitted for approx 300GBP
The car does look fairly low already though, and I think this is partly due to the painted trim.
My only concern now is that the tyres may catch on the arch as I have 225/45/17s - do you think this will be a problem?

No not at all, the springs will only lower it 30mm or 40mm (Eibach or H&R)

Jet 9-3
04-06-04, 01:38 PM
[Hey Saabie:

Interesting, the sport kit are all painted here in north america. Why would they do something like that, when it makes the car look kind of off with unpainted skirts?

That's not the sport kit. Those are the standard shirts that come on all non-sport Linears and Arcs (painted on the Arcs)

mattrazzo
04-06-04, 03:36 PM
So is there anyone who has fitted lower springs to an Aero? I'm wondering about clearance to the skirts, especially pulling in and out of gas stations and such (always a ramped entry here in Phoenix).

Automaggot
04-06-04, 03:44 PM
A lot of people on these boards report scraping with the stock Aero configuration. However, I think a slammed Aero would look incredible and worth having to drive a little more careful.

sjhudon
21-06-04, 01:05 PM
Have these been installed yet?