SaabCentral Forums banner

'11 ng 95 @ 40000

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  saabboy1 
#1 ·
I am the new caretaker of a 2011 95 Turbo 4 with 6 speed manual.

Bought the car from the original owner in early June and have now logged 6000 miles on it. Just rolled over 40000 yesterday.

Thus far the vehicle is everything I expected and more.

I have at least 500,000 miles in the drivers seat of previous Saabs starting with {4}9000 Turbo hatchbacks and several 2000 95s.

This vehicle is far more sophisticated than any of my previous rides. I am a basic technophobe when it comes to vehicles. So this was a huge leap of fate for me. My NG 95 is about as Spartan as they come. no nav system / no sun roof / no infotainment / 6 speed manual tranny.

This car is by far the most comfortable vehicle I have owned and is really fun to drive. This past weekend I finally had a chance to put the vehicle through what I call a "Kick It and Glide" session of 350 miles. This consisted of 80 mile per hour constant speed and momentary blips to 110-120 to negotiate through upcoming traffic. Response with stock engine in 6th gear was quite impressive.

Just hoping the fun continues for many more miles. Probably the last Saab I will own.

Thus far I have yet to see another NG95 in my travels around SE USA.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice choice

Enjoy the manual transmission even though you don't have the premium option package. There are many of us who would like to have the manual NG9-5 but only a few made for the U.S. For some reason the Europeans got em all and we only got automatics. Lets hope that NEVS can get the license from GM to produce them once again!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.