Haymill Saab Open Day 12th June 2004 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Haymill Saab Open Day 12th June 2004

Simon
19-05-04, 04:19 AM
Haymill Saab are having an open day on Saturday 12th June from 10am to 4pm.

There will be free refreshments, free raffle, free Tech II checks, big sale of obsolete parts for next to nothing, up to 30% off parts and accessories, oil & filter change for 15.00 + VAT, labour rate of 25.00/hour +VAT for work carried out on the day. Test drives will also be available.

They are also letting (non trade) punters bring their own parts along to sell. You will need to bring your own table and ring Peter McCarthy on 01753 609595 to book a pitch.

They are also a very nice bunch of people as Saab main dealers go :D and there is pub literally across the road that does good food and beer and has a large beer garden.

Haymill Address & Map (http://www.haymill.co.uk/forms.php?id=2)

[1]Simon (with a boot full of parts for fitting :D )
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]

Tomdoun
10-06-04, 04:40 PM
i will be seeing you there then !!

do you have to book for service etc ?? or just turn up ?

what time are you thinking of going, hopefully i can meet up with you for a natter

cheers

peter

Simon
10-06-04, 05:00 PM
You can't book in advance, just beg for a slot when you get there. I'll be there around 10:00am and probably there for most of the day.

Simon
11-06-04, 02:41 PM
I've got my BSR CAT back exhaust system, Powerflex ARB bushes and Goodridge hoses ready to go on tomorrow.

Whether they will do all the above plus a couple of other small bits remains to be seen. :D

Simon
12-06-04, 04:00 PM
Managed to get some of my parts fitted today! When I booked the car in first thing this morning the Workshop Manager got the hump with me when I got to item number three on my list of five and told me he didn't have time to have my car in the workshop for four or five hours :oops: So I stopped at number 3.

Got my Goodridge hoses fitted and some fresh brake fluid.

Also had my BSR CAT back system fitted which is very bling :D a bit too bling for me if I was honest. The noise from the system is not intrusive at all. It's quite quiet actually! Pictures later :cheesy:

Had one of my PCV hoses changed as it was very squishy.

Total bill for parts and labour...

65.00 :cheesy:

Matthew
12-06-04, 04:25 PM
Too bling? So some bling is good, but not too much? :lol:

KevBu
12-06-04, 04:43 PM
The brand new viggen alloys and tyres had me walking around the car park ,thinking what the wife would say if I bought them home, so I didnt :oops:
Nearly took up golf though, just so I could have a Saab golf bag, but I didnt :!
Did get a new fuel cap, and see lots of nice Saabs though, inc my first Sonnet in the flesh(metal).

kevitree
12-06-04, 05:56 PM
see lots of nice Saabs though, inc my first Sonnet in the flesh(metal).

Erm Fibreglass!! :nono; :nono; :cheesy:

KevBu
12-06-04, 06:13 PM
D'oh!
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Da9bpIyb-HAJ:www.comosimpsons.hpg.ig.com.br/homer_doh.gif

Tomdoun
12-06-04, 07:47 PM
i was all set to go until i made a fundimental error

i went into london to pick a frying pan up from a shop in knightsbridge as a fovour for a friend and 4 fkucking HOURS of traffic later i got home.

too late to go to haymill and i am seriously pissed off.

i wanted to get the sparks and gearbox oil done and advice on improving the suspension and also meet simon.

its the first and last time i go into that hell hole.

a very peeved peter

kevitree
13-06-04, 02:56 AM
i was all set to go until i made a fundimental error

i went into london to pick a frying pan up from a shop in knightsbridge as a fovour for a friend and 4 *** HOURS of traffic later i got home.

too late to go to haymill and i am seriously *** off.

i wanted to get the sparks and gearbox oil done and advice on improving the suspension and also meet simon.

its the first and last time i go into that hell hole.

a very peeved peter

4 Hours to collect a Frying Pan??! :o Must be some frying pan?

Simon
13-06-04, 03:29 AM
I was wondering if you had turned up or not. Hope your friend appreciated his frying pan!!

Forgot to mention that the original Saab Exhaust system that came off my car was pretty rotten anyway, so probably would have fallen off some time soon anyway. :D

heavy_t
13-06-04, 06:28 AM
Did anyone take any pics? I only got one with my camera phone of the V4 which was the most gorgeous colour ever :wink:

Simon
13-06-04, 07:33 AM
I did take my camera, but forgot to take some picture :oops:

What colour was that V4 then?

heavy_t
13-06-04, 07:46 AM
:cheesy:

Simon
13-06-04, 09:10 AM
After spending the morning putting the finishing touches to my Carlsson for a prospective buyer who is coming to see it tomorrow and who is going to get it far too cheap if he buys it :roll: . I hope he doesn't buy it now to be honest! Here are some pictures of my new BSR bling exhaust. Does it look like it is hanging a bit low at the back? It think it does. I'm going to order some new rear silencer rubbers tomorrow to see if it makes a difference...

http://www.saabs.cwc.net/BSRexhaust%201.jpg

http://www.saabs.cwc.net/BSRexhaust%202.jpg

http://www.saabs.cwc.net/BSRexhaust%203.jpg

Matthew
13-06-04, 06:07 PM
Bling bling! :cheesy: