BRISTOL CAR SHOW 13th June [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: BRISTOL CAR SHOW 13th June

Naranto
18th May 2004, 04:18 AM
Blagdon down, Bristol to go!

BRISTOL CAR SHOW

Sunday 13 June 2004
Durdham Down, Bristol.

Bring some drink & food and we can have a Saab picknicking moment!
We will be bringing some seats and a gazebo just in case it gets too hot!!
I may even try and make up some banners, bunting and flyers - just so we look the part.

In aid of Bernardos.
Entry fee 5 payble to Bernardos.
Chance to get together and help a charity.
Lots of cars old and new.
You must pre-book.
Entry form as a PDF is here:
http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bernardos.pdf

[1] Naranto & family
[2] Billie and Rob S.
[3] Mr and Mrs Zaphod Beeblebrox
[4] Martin of Jamsaab & family
[5] SenTinel

Naranto
2nd June 2004, 06:13 AM
I received my entry ticket to the show on Friday (managed to get in to the Parade run as well :cheesy: ). Anyone else?

CaptRossco
4th June 2004, 02:14 PM
Hey Id be interested in this :lol:
Ill take a look, love those parade laps :wink:

CaptRossco
4th June 2004, 02:18 PM
So would a 91 c900 be a modern classic? :idea

heavy_t
5th June 2004, 02:24 AM
I might be tempted to risk a trip in the 99.

But that depends if I can fix it this weekend as it's been kangarooing and backfiring all this week :o I could always take the 900 but that's a bit of an eyesore :wink:

Tom

Naranto
5th June 2004, 06:14 AM
The more the merrier.

The show covers all cars, in all conditions be they old or new, so you are more than welcome.

nutcase
5th June 2004, 06:51 AM
I'm sorely tempted but going to have to be sensible and say I won't try and come down. I've done about 50 miles in the car so far, and I'm not quite ready for a 320 mile round trip yet :(

Naranto
5th June 2004, 09:50 AM
Richard

Well it would be good to see you again, and have a look at the 99T in the flesh. Martin from Jamsaab will be there (not sure if he bringing his 99T, or EMS) so you will be sure of some expert advice.

Whatever you decide, glad to see you're enjoying the car

nutcase
5th June 2004, 10:52 AM
The advantages of going are huge! I'm just scared it wouldn't make it! Biggest worry at the moment is the gearbox oil leak as it's quite big, and very difficult to monitor the oil level. I have a gasket on order, but not sure if I'll have it and have a chance to change it by next week!

heli-saaber
6th June 2004, 04:01 AM
Planning to come along for a look but can't be there all day so won't be bringing a car to display. Still looking for a 3-dr 99T!! Hope to see you all there.

CaptRossco
6th June 2004, 09:01 AM
[1] Naranto & family
[2] Billie and Rob S.
[5] SenTinel
[6] Ross & Brother (We are still on a go/ no-go for Le Mans! So may not be there)

CaptRossco
6th June 2004, 11:20 AM
[1] Naranto & family
[2] Billie and Rob S.
[5] SenTinel
[6] Ross & Brother (classic 900 T16S abbot'd)
[7] Mom & dad (95 Wagon)

Der-Le Mans is out of the question without a passport.

Naranto
7th June 2004, 10:06 AM
Hi All,

As there will be a number of Saabs attending I have asked Steve McArthur at Barnardos for a club stand space and if we can pay on the day.

Here is his reply:

I can certainly set up a club space for you & other members - however I would need to give out passes prior to the day.

I am at the site on Saturday between 12-3 pm doing registrations & issuing passes if you can make this & perhaps give them out to members on the Sunday prior to entry, if this helps. We could do it all by 1st class post but there is no guarantee of passes getting to everyone on time.

So anyone who has not booked please send off your details today - marked 'Saab Stand'. See the booking form link on this page.

Paco
7th June 2004, 10:40 AM
Der-Le Mans is out of the question without a passport.

Not true, you can travel on a driving license if you are an EU national and have an EU license, I went to Ireland on a driving license.......

CaptRossco
7th June 2004, 05:35 PM
uhm? That makes sense I guess, too late now though :cry:

heavy_t
8th June 2004, 05:00 AM
I won't be able to come to this one as the 99 is playing up at the moment and my c900 is frankly far too ugly to bring along :cheesy:

I'll see some of you at the Retro Cars show a couple of weeks later anyway...... hope I get the 99 fixed

CaptRossco
8th June 2004, 05:49 AM
Forms posted off today! :cheesy:

Naranto
14th June 2004, 07:13 AM
Many thanks to CaptRossco and family for travelling all the way from the Midlands to attend. It was good to see The Beetlebrox's again and Mr & Mrs Helisaaber.

here are a few pictures of what was a great day out!

http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/B2.jpg
Naranto's 99T

http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/B3.jpg
CapRossco's Abbottised 900T

http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/b4.jpg
CapRossco's 9.5

http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/b6.jpg
Mrs Naranto's Anniversary

http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/b5.jpg
Local owner Ross' 900S

Rhino2.3t
14th June 2004, 07:52 AM
Excellent pics (as usual!) 8)
This weekend was all hands on deck (Mrs. Rhino an excellent helper) spent with rags and 'Glym bottles in hand (it has to be shiny before it gets parked in a line)..

One coat Purple Label. Two coats Red Label. One coat Gold Label.. (Second layer of Gold Label going on this afternoon :D ) its starting to look the part (for its mileage and collection of stonechips and scuffs).
A caterpillar fell out of a tree onto the bonnet, and slid off because it couldn't get a grip 8) Surely a good sign.
Then driving home you can see a perfect mirror of the road in the bonnet 8)
Shiny Paco sickening pics to follow soooon..

nutcase
14th June 2004, 10:12 AM
Definitely a meet I wanted to go to! But alas wasn't possible. Ended up working anyway (double time though!). Good to see the 99 shining like a beauty! Wish I could get mine that nice looking :(

Naranto
14th June 2004, 10:37 AM
.Definitely a meet I wanted to go to! But alas wasn't possible

Richard (Nutcase) maybe.... no make that, definstely next year. As it was Martin from Jamsaab couldn't make it as his better half and two children have all gone down with Chicken Pox. :(

We were busy all through the day with a lot of interst in the cars, especially Ross' Abbott 900. A few people said they would have brought their car if they had known, so next year perhaps, just perhaps, we could show these West Country folk what real cars should look like with a LARGE Saab stand :cheesy:

Rhino2.3t
14th June 2004, 10:43 AM
that sounds like a good idea :D can i reserve the space farthest from your 99 now? :wink:

nutcase
14th June 2004, 12:38 PM
LOL :) SOunds like a plan.

I did notice a lack of Jamsaab pics there, hope the poxy pox clears up soon!

CaptRossco
15th June 2004, 11:48 AM
A wonderful day :cheesy:

Thanks a lot to Dave for getting the ball rolling. It was enjoyable to be static and not tearing the living the daylights out of the cars.

We indeed had a mini stand and all had much attention from the grubby handed public who were quite interested in our cars.

Funny comments overheard were things like :

"well yes darling, in saabs they put the engines in the wrong way round"

"i dont know, arent they something like 300 brake horse, it has to be atleast 3 litre"

"you can get 99Ts like this two a penny in the local rag, think i may get meself one" (at the sheer amazement and humour of myself and dave :wink: )

"offcourse, i still believe the best car to come out of germany is the Merc"

Nice to meet new people and have a good natter. The main event was well organised with lots of interesting stuff!

I shoulda bought that hat early doors though, i havent got much of a nose left from that sun :oops:

Naranto
16th June 2004, 10:54 AM
Thanks Ross

Hope you all got home safely. Next year, perhaps we can get a Saab mega-meet going.

And yes the 'two a penny, any local rag, 99T' man will probably be my lasting memory of a complete dork! :o

Finally it has now been officially confirmed ('cause my wife said so) the 9000 Anniversary is hers, not mine. Considering back on October 03 when I, yes that's ME, bought the car she did not want it, preferring to drive her Shogun. Well as you will all probably know, over the following months the 9k has worked it magic and her reasons for driving the 9K grew from, 'Well' it's easier to get out of the drive than the Shogun' to 'In this heat, I like the AC of the 9k, so I'll take that shopping'.

A couple of weeks ago we decided to go to a place called Mill Bay near Salcomble for the day. I suggested the 9000 would be best as we would be travelling on the M5. Anne (My wifey) was shocked that I would even consider taking the 9K and was adamant we take the Shogun. When I asked why her excuse was. 'We will end up with sand and stuff in the car, and I don't want the carpets ruined'. Nuff said :roll:

Rhino2.3t
16th June 2004, 11:01 AM
A couple of weeks ago we decided to go to a place called Mill Bay near Salcomble for the day.

my old stomping ground for many a summer..
Of course the Shogun is by the far the optimum vehicle for the narrow and overgrown lanes near East Prawle, crowded with other drivers with apparently 'broken reverse gear'..
fair play for tackling that job at this time of year 8) :cheesy:

Naranto
16th June 2004, 12:14 PM
Rhino

This should stir some memories then :wink:

http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mill.jpg

CaptRossco
16th June 2004, 04:50 PM
Nice :cheesy: :cheesy: :wink:

Think ill head that way once ive got the vert back together :D

Zaphod Beeblebrox
18th June 2004, 07:17 PM
Hi all.

Short video of the Bristol Motor Show 2004, as promised, can now be viewed from www.swiftmobile.com.

It was a lovely day. I was only sorry that I did not have the time to get our Saabs prepared in time for the day!