Hit and Run [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Hit and Run

MRpunchinella
17-05-04, 03:09 AM
so, im sitting in a Bar in Glasgow (soft drinks only :nono; )at the window, enjoying the company and looking out across the road at my Saab which has just been polished. there is a parking space in front of me which is empty :-?

so, im sitting there, and Im chatting, then i see a Vaux Vectra, Silver SRI, T plate, stop and reverse into parking bay........very quickly :o

Yeah, very very quickly and smashes into the front of my Saab :evil:

so, im up out of my comfy chair, jump across a table and out into the street...........

to see the B :evil: :evil: :evil: D drive away and through a red light to get away.Didnt get a full plate.

great start to the weekend. :cry:

greenphotos
17-05-04, 03:17 AM
Sorry to hear that, were there any cameras in the street? If he went through a red, he might have been caught on the traffic light cam.

Hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Mark
:cheesy:

yfs87
17-05-04, 07:43 AM
jesus, im feeling your pain, hope dmg want too bad and you catch him :evil:

goalkeeper21
17-05-04, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear that, some people just can't own up when they make a mistake. really a shame.
Tony

brunp
17-05-04, 05:08 PM
I hate it when that happens....I hope for the best and hope the damage is not to severe.

Paul

spence
17-05-04, 05:17 PM
when if you find him give him a damn good kicking :x

ellison
17-05-04, 05:34 PM
so, im up out of my comfy chair, jump across a table and out into the street...........

to see the B :evil: :evil: :evil: D drive away and through a red light to get away.Didnt get a full plate.

That is terrible. Something similar happened to me about 3 years ago. My ex-boyfriend was dropping me off to the train station so I could pick up my car. As we were approaching we see a guy back up right into my passenger door. The timing was incredible. I get out immeditaly horrified and pi$$ed off. As he sees me coming he gets back in his car and flies off. My ex-boyfriend dashed after him, called the police and the guy was evenually stopped about two miles away. Turns out the guy was WASTED.

I am just so happy he didn't get way with it. You've got my sympathies Punch. :cry:

SaabScott
17-05-04, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Punch ... I worried about my car most of the time we were on vacation ... I could not imagine watching someone hit my car! :nono;

Willy Wonka
17-05-04, 11:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your car. Life has it's injustices. Glad you're not paranoid. I've known people, to totally shelter their car just in case some one looses control of their door latch. 8)
At the other end of the spectrum are those who know they are being followed. Once parked a disgruntled student could plow into them, so they keep on driving.
The third type starts re-enforcing the bumpers and doors.

Some times levity helps. :o

ThaBrkrs349
18-05-04, 12:57 AM
Bad news, bad news. Coincidentally, a fork lift put a nice dent in the rear bumper of the my father's car yesterday as he was buying some shrubs at a local garden store. It looks terrible! And expected, the driver actually tried to deny he did it!

MRpunchinella
18-05-04, 03:10 AM
thanks to all. Im really down about it. been trying to get her into the best shape i can for the summer.reallly need to get the hang of this posting pictures thing, my last ones were rotten.

damage;

two bad tears on front skirt
serious scuffing on front left of front skirt
split number plate
lower black trim on front bumper hanging loose

I couldnt believe that I sat and watched it happen, you just get the feeling that something is wrong and then.....
got the feeling they were tanked too, car full of people, just too fast for any possible hope of negotiating the space then OFFSKY.................

getting some work done tonight to salvage what i can.

:cry: :x Punch

GearHead
18-05-04, 10:32 AM
that sucks.if you find the son-of-a just remember the police care more about catching speeders than catching murderers. :-?

Mattlach
18-05-04, 10:42 AM
The third type starts re-enforcing the bumpers and doors.

The tasteful factory addition of the rubber list on later model Saabs (9-3 and 9-5 and on.) is great though...

They blend right in with the car and avoid those scratches you get on the bumpers when people don't know how to parallel park in cities...

The rubber lists on the doors are less effective though as all doors seem to have protruding parts at different heights..

When it comes to small dings and scratches, what pisses me off more than the people who band into your car with their car door, and run off, are the ones that dont even care.

I saw a woman putting her groceries in her car in teh parkling lot just opening her doors into the cars next to her, as if those cars where there for the sole purpose of stopping her doors. She didn't flinch, or seem worried at all.

People like that need to be stabbed.

Jezzadee
18-05-04, 03:25 PM
I was sitting in my car in a multi-storey car park when a people carrier pulled in very close. I caught the drivers eye but she looked away. She then booted open her door, which hit mine with a loud bang. She then started to walk away. I jump out, and say, in a controlled manner, 'you just dented my car'. Bear in mind I was wearing a suit, and looking fairly respectable for once. She looked at me like I was dirt, and kept walking. I pulled out my mobile, hit 111 and said: 'hello, police? I'd like to report a hit and run and criminal damage. Yep, the number plate is XXX'. Silver MPV. Yes, she's walking towards the exit onto XXX street.' She started running :D I genuinely hope she waited for a knock on the door for some time. I got the scratch out with T-cut the next day.

Hope the repairs go OK for you, sorry to hear about it.

ellison
18-05-04, 03:28 PM

:o :o :o

jnorris
18-05-04, 03:54 PM

:o :o :o

Ha ha ha! Perhaps a little bit extreme! Punishment should fit the crime and everything... :wink:

Same thing has happened to me and more recently my girlfriend and it was very upsetting on both occasions. Only thing you can do is try not to take it too personally and just accept that it is one of the very annoying things that happen when you live in a city and try and move on.