Everyone quick to copy the Saab TV adds. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Everyone quick to copy the Saab TV adds.

squishmann
16th May 2004, 06:57 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~azntione/Werbung_-_Best_Car_Commercial__TEKN.wmv

Everyone quick to copy the Saab TV adds.

every since saab has had these videos of their cars rollind through green hills everyone wants to do it as well.

i.e. Lexus

you might want to turn the volume up a little. sound is very low

Saba
16th May 2004, 08:52 PM
I was watching it at work. Just as well I had the volume turned off. :cheesy:

squishmann
16th May 2004, 09:00 PM
good for you :D

GearHead
17th May 2004, 12:38 AM
"be still thy beating heart"

ThaBrkrs349
17th May 2004, 01:31 AM
The funniest thing I've seen is that GM seems to copying their own adverts lately. There is an ad campaign running for the Chevy Malibu that features "rolling hills" eerily similar to the ones the 9-3SS and Vert have been driving around the last year or so. Of course, the Malibu's advert ends with the car overlooking the Chicago skyline - which is strange since in NYC almost all of our car commercials end with the obligatory "trip over the brooklyn bridge."

But for a few weeks in March, they were running my favorite Saab advert EVER... "Saab: Eats Pavement for Breakfast and BMWs for Lunch!"

CosmicSaab
17th May 2004, 02:02 PM
Because Lexus has green hills they are coping off of Saab? What kind of logic is that?

I guess Saab is coping off of Mercedes-Benz simply because it uses an gasoline internal combustion engine.

Jezzadee
17th May 2004, 02:18 PM
How did you get through that post without once mentioning superior Japanese build quality and reliability? :wink: As far as the advert goes, the green hills would seem in this case to be the signifier, coupled with the referrent of their generally pleasant connotations. It is pretty common for adverts to piggyback signifiers, utilising the positive associations from another advert and replacing the original brand with their own product, thereby undermining the original product but retaining the association. It's all basic semiology really.

CosmicSaab
17th May 2004, 02:40 PM
How did you get through that post without once mentioning superior Japanese build quality and reliability? :wink: As far as the advert goes, the green hills would seem in this case to be the signifier, coupled with the referrent of their generally pleasant connotations. It is pretty common for adverts to piggyback signifiers, utilising the positive associations from another advert and replacing the original brand with their own product, thereby undermining the original product but retaining the association. It's all basic semiology really.

Everyone knows that already. :wink:

(am I really the Saab central Japanese car troll? How ironic. :o )

Jezzadee
17th May 2004, 03:03 PM
I was only kidding - we've got some die-hard Volvo fans as well, who only seem to come out at night. And if there's a post on here about an LPT that I haven't added to yet its only a matter of time :wink:

Luv900
17th May 2004, 03:08 PM
broke my screen.. i never let anyone come this close to my if they dont want to get hurt. :nono;

well just kinding.. but i knock the screen back , i am too weak to broke this hard glass in one punch but screen flew back :cheesy:

Dan1
17th May 2004, 03:51 PM
squishman, you almost got me there. but luckily for me, i've already seen that, so i quit it before the green-man! HAHA! jokes on YOU!

freAK47
17th May 2004, 04:22 PM
lol, i have seen this tv add a few times in local television.
i'm not scared

ellison
17th May 2004, 05:08 PM
THAT JUST SCARED THE LIVING BEJESUS OUT OF ME!

:( :( :(

spence
17th May 2004, 05:26 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o aaaarrrrgggghhhh :o :o :o :o :o

spence hides in corner shaking wiping his ar*e

KevBu
17th May 2004, 05:34 PM
:o :o

Yeah, you got me!

I got to have another drink now, I was ready for bed now im wide awake :! :cheesy:

Luv900
17th May 2004, 07:19 PM
:o :o

Yeah, you got me!

I got to have another drink now, I was ready for bed now im wide awake :! :cheesy:

nice excuse for telling folks that you aint a drinker ;)

squishmann
17th May 2004, 10:37 PM
i watched it before i went to bed the other night. i was up for at least another hour :cry: