day time running lights [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: day time running lights

ruffhouse
14th May 2004, 09:28 AM
Hi every bodybody I have a quick question

I was wondering if there is a sperate day time running light in the headlight, or do they run off of the low beam. I know there are two bulbs in my fog light I assume one is the fog nlight and the other is the day time running light. Am I coreect?

Thanks

99 black 95

TPK
14th May 2004, 01:39 PM
They run off the low beams...

If you want them off when the switch is in the left or "off" position, remove fuse 35

:cheesy:

kpmc14
28th November 2004, 03:54 AM
By the way, the second bulb in the fog is a turn indicator. Put your signal on at night with the fogs off, then take a look, interesting idea. Although it kind of looks like you have a burnt out fog while the signal's on.

Take care.

serencavalier
28th November 2004, 11:15 AM
Wait all I have to do is remove fuse 35 and when the lights will be set to "off" it will be off!!?? wow can anyone help me do this? where is fuse 35 :o

jedi_master58
28th November 2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Fima, the fuse box is on the drivers side panel all the way to the left. Open the door and you will see a removable panel, inside lies all the fuses!! So just remove fuse 35 and bye bye day light running lights? I think its stupid to have the headlights running all the time, even during the day (uses more life out of the bulbs). I took out the front reverse light bulbs out and also the turning signal in the fog lights.

http://tinypic.com/opiiv

Chris 9-5
28th November 2004, 01:30 PM
Nice pic Jedi 8)

It really helps to explain when you can actually see the thing! :)

serencavalier
28th November 2004, 01:42 PM
thanks Guido!
by the way, what fuses are for the fog turn signal? and why did you remove the front reverse light?
just one more thing, when you say "remove" do you mean just take out or just unplug? I will take a look at it tomarrow ASAP!

jedi_master58
28th November 2004, 08:27 PM
Hey Fima, thats a good question! I took out the bulbs a while back when I purchased the car. I know that there are two bulbs for each fog light (one for signal & one for the actual light). As for the reverse lights in the front there are two bulbs also. Just remove the side lense and you will see two bulbs. I forgot which one you take out but just play around with it, test it out also. When you turn the car on and see the orange lights on, you know you got the right bulbs. I never took out any fuses for it, but I know on the back of the fuse panel I showed you in the pic, it shows all the fuse functions and the specific fuse size.

Good luck!

jedi_master58
28th November 2004, 08:29 PM
Nice pic Jedi 8)

It really helps to explain when you can actually see the thing! :)

Thanks, well I do my best :D

hildebird
3rd December 2004, 09:13 AM
Funny isn't it?

Over here in Europe where we aren't given foglight/turning lamps or front/side reversing lights, people are putting the extra bulbs in them to make them work.
Across the Altlantic, where you get them as standard, people are disabling them. :roll: :-??