Who here is from CT, wanna get together and cruise [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Who here is from CT, wanna get together and cruise

quick4door
14-05-04, 01:42 AM
Just wondering who here was from CT. A buddy of mine has a 9-3 and I have a classic 900t 4 door. We are located in Central CT. Wondering if people wanna get together and just chill one night. We live right near the Berlin Turnpike, the biggest cruise night every weekend. We are the only 2 Saabs out there. I have a shop, Automotive Restyling located right on the Turnpike where we can hang out and not be bothered by cops. Let me know, I would love to have a little get together one night, get some grills going and what not and then go cruisin.
Pete
Automotive Restyling

TurboRush91
14-05-04, 08:36 AM
I live in NH, but my family is still in CT and I am originally from CT, so I'd be up to come down for a cruise, parents would probably be happy if I visited too... :cheesy:

Cuba
14-05-04, 08:55 AM
If I was in CT I would be there, with bells on, and beer, and those little fluffy things you like so much :cheesy:

Mattlach
14-05-04, 09:08 AM
Have you seen this?

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30191

A mini get-together at Six Flags New England.

convertiblegirl
16-05-04, 03:19 PM
I'm up in Mass right outside of boston so let me know if anything is ever up :)

Cuba
17-05-04, 05:50 AM
I'm up in Mass right outside of boston so let me know if anything is ever up :)

Hey you can get married to a woman there now convertiblegirl, how about that. Twice the clothes if you find someone your size.

convertiblegirl
17-05-04, 08:29 AM
hmmm thats quite alright...I think I'll stick to my boyfriend :D And as for clothes....believe me I have ENOUGH :lol:

Paco
17-05-04, 08:53 AM
hmmm thats quite alright...I think I'll stick to my boyfriend :D And as for clothes....believe me I have ENOUGH :lol:

Alert the media...a woman exists who has enough clothes.... :wink:

Rhino2.3t
17-05-04, 08:58 AM
the sufficient clothes option is not technically possible.. must be a closet naturist :wink:

Diggler
17-05-04, 11:17 AM
Hey Pete,

You know I'm in, just not a few weeks before any car show...prep time you know!
-Dirk

goalkeeper21
17-05-04, 12:38 PM
I live right outside of boston and I'm definately down for a ride sometime I think that would be fun.
Tony

Mattlach
17-05-04, 12:52 PM
Heck. I'm tentatively in if you kids get something together. it could be fun. (as long as it occurrs after I get my saab back end of this week.)

quick4door
17-05-04, 09:29 PM
Alright everybody here is the deal. I know Carlisle is commin up so if you wanna do it after that. But here is the thing. I would like to do something a few times this summer. I was thinking that maybe friday or saturday night for us people not going to Carlisle. Let me know.

quick4door
17-05-04, 10:15 PM
Here is the deal. Carlisle is commin up this weekend. For all of us from this area not going i thought might wanna get together this weekend. let me know tht you all think

goalkeeper21
17-05-04, 11:44 PM
I can't do this weekend, I got soccer.
Tony

Diggler
18-05-04, 11:05 AM
Pete,

why aren't you going to Carlisle? your car is looking great!
-Dirk

Mattlach
18-05-04, 11:42 AM
Pete,

-Dirk

I can't speak for him, but my reasoning is that it's too far for what it is.

If it were closer (withing a half an hour to an hour drive) I'd prolly stop in, but I'm just not interested enough in the event to travel that far.

Now.. If it were a Saab only even on the other hand... I'd be all over it.

Problem is, I really don't like most car enthusiasts. From this forum Saab enthusiasts seem like a much more likable bunch. I really don't feel like driving all the way to the middle of nowhere southern PA, to watch people drool over each others nitrous modded Hondas with widebody kits... :P

Diggler
18-05-04, 11:51 AM
Pete,

-Dirk

I can't speak for him, but my reasoning is that it's too far for what it is.

If it were closer (withing a half an hour to an hour drive) I'd prolly stop in, but I'm just not interested enough in the event to travel that far.

Now.. If it were a Saab only even on the other hand... I'd be all over it.

Problem is, I really don't like most car enthusiasts. From this forum Saab enthusiasts seem like a much more likable bunch. I really don't feel like driving all the way to the middle of nowhere southern PA, to watch people drool over each others nitrous modded Hondas with widebody kits... :P

Unfortunately you've been misinformed about this show. It's turned into a primarily SAAB event. This year there are "unofficially" 160 SAABs registered and a few more that I'm sure I don't know of. The tuner show, aka, nitrous modified hodas, is no longer at Carlisle due to their lack of respect for common decency and moral fiber. If you don't make it you're really missing out on the first BIG Saab event this year.
-Dirk

ricot83
18-05-04, 03:40 PM
diggler...pete isnt happy with his car yet it needs to be wetsanded and buffed first.....but hey who is in for htis weekend so we can plan where it will be

quick4door
18-05-04, 06:51 PM
Yea the car still needs some fine tuning on the paint and I want the motor is before i register the car.

goalkeeper21
20-05-04, 12:40 AM
Hey, I just talked with my friend, I think we can come down this saturday, friday I have soccer. I think we will take his car though, a 944 turbo, well sort of. I hope you guys don't mind a foriegner coming.
Tony

saabular
20-05-04, 01:38 AM
i live in killingworth which isnt too far from the turnpike, where and when?

Turbo rush....i go to school in NH, heard of Colby-Sawyer?

ricot83
20-05-04, 03:35 PM
well if anyone can come this weekend pm me or quick4door and we can meet up fri or sat

quick4door
20-05-04, 05:19 PM
we are thinking about saturday night at hooters, located right on the berlin turnpike in wethersfield. let me know e mail me at saab89turbo@aol.com

quick4door
20-05-04, 05:27 PM
Forgot a time. around 6-6:30. we are gonna eat there or go to my shop and cookout. let me know if that is good for everybody. once again we wanna plan on doing this a few times this summer. pm me or e-mail me at my e-mail or you can contact ricot83.

ellison
20-05-04, 07:05 PM
Can't make it this weekend, but I will be up for next time! :D

Thurs10cmd
20-05-04, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone, I live on the Shoreline and make plenty of trips to the Pike during the summer for Krispy Kreme stops with my friends. So I'd definitely be down to meeting up there, I just cant make it this weekend. Keep me posted on other dates. :cheesy:

Thurs10cmd
20-05-04, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone, I live on the Shoreline and make plenty of trips to the Pike during the summer for Krispy Kreme stops with my friends. So I'd definitely be down to meeting up there, I just cant make it this weekend. Keep me posted on other dates. :cheesy:

2.0Trollhättan
20-05-04, 09:39 PM
I live in Shelton, but I'm ALWAYS down for doing anything... CT can be so boring sometimes... please keep me in mind all. :D

quick4door
21-05-04, 03:25 PM
Ok everybody. Today is friday, there will me a hang out tonight if you are intrested as well as tomorrow. For friday you can e-mail RTAVARES@hotmail.com and talk to him to see when and where you can meet. As for tomorrow night, Saturday we will still be meeting at Hooters at 6-6:30 e-mail me at Saab89turbo@aol.com to confirm. See you then.

Pete

ricot83
21-05-04, 04:00 PM
rtavares83@hotmail.com ........thats my email

2.0Trollhättan
22-05-04, 12:03 AM
Damn, too soon a notice. I am out of state this weekend. :(

Mattlach
22-05-04, 12:29 AM
As my Saab is still in the shop being repaired, I will not be able to attend. I'll get in next time.

quick4door
22-05-04, 02:06 AM
Hello eveybody. We are hoping to so this little meet as much as we can. me and my buddy are always around so any weekend is good for a meet, just let us know. See some of you tomorrow and the rest soon i hope.

goalkeeper21
22-05-04, 02:35 PM
How many people are coming tonight?
Tony

ricot83
23-05-04, 02:52 AM
well tonight was cool... got to hang out with tony and andre for a bit next weekend deffinately hope more people come but still cool

quick4door
23-05-04, 01:13 PM
Last night was fun. Hopefully more people can come. Thanks Tony and Andre for commin down hope you had fun. Next time you come down i hope there will be more action on the pike. The weather was really crappy and nobody was out. Hope to see more of you next weekend maybe.

Pete

goalkeeper21
23-05-04, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, well thanks for having it, your shop is definately a nice place to go and hang out and put cars up and check them out. Hopefully more people will show up but it was a good time.
Tony

quick4door
26-05-04, 10:05 PM
Ok everybody, its gonna be a nice weekend and we were hoping to have some people come down and hang out. Again we are right on the berlin turnpike just south of hartford. we want to get together grad some food and then cruise the pike and have a nice little Saab meet. if you are in let me know what day will be good.

avixcore
27-05-04, 11:53 AM
I live in North Haven :-), hopefully when my saab is done from the other mechanic.

ellison
27-05-04, 01:50 PM
Yikes...I am missing this one as well. I will catch one soon.

Newport calls!

quick4door
27-05-04, 11:00 PM
we will be meeting this weekend again and chillin out. let me know if anybody can come down.

Diggler
28-05-04, 02:35 PM
when and where this weekend? Maybe I can show?

ricot83
28-05-04, 03:50 PM
any meets we post will always be on the berlin turnpike in newington/wethersfield.... we can meet wherever u would like on the pike

Diggler
28-05-04, 04:12 PM
ok, we have the where, how about the when?

Mr_Ginzo
30-05-04, 11:01 AM
hey not to change subject, anyone from about the milford area or in milford alot?

Diggler
30-05-04, 11:08 PM
Not a lot but occadionally

Mr_Ginzo
30-05-04, 11:46 PM
what kind of car do you ahve?

Diggler
31-05-04, 10:45 AM
'89 SPG in Ed Grey...you?

Mr_Ginzo
31-05-04, 11:39 AM
Black NG900

debadged hatch, europlate in front (S:NG 900T) and a RFL if you hear/see me beep and wave :lol:

ERP
04-06-04, 11:33 AM
I'm going to be in CT his weekend. Anyone want to hang out on the Pike Friday or Saturday night.
Eric

Diggler
04-06-04, 01:31 PM
we'll be at LimeRock on Sat, around Sunday.