Are all of your Door Sill plates scratched? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Are all of your Door Sill plates scratched?

Pstone
13th May 2004, 11:07 PM
Talk about a $38-40,000 list car, when new (mine are 2000 and 2001 9-5's). On every Saab I've looked at used . . . every door sill plate is all scratched up. I guess they never expected you to get in and out of your car. The sills I just replaced are pieces of cr*p with even cr*ppier silver painted on lettering once again that will probably scratch in a few days anyway. Talk about cheap design|!!! To bad as this is the first thing one notices when they open any of my four doors.
I just replaced the two front ones today cause I couldn't stand to look at them anymore $61.95 list $46.25 dealer cost. They just snap out and the new ones snap in but you have to replace the WHOLE strip. It looks like the plate with the scratched silver Saab lettering could be replaced, but it can't. It's glued into the strip. How stupid is this that you can't just pop in a new plate.
Maybe those design morons will get it right some year and make them better.
Maybe they figure you're supposed to take your shoes off before you get into the car :-??

yfs87
14th May 2004, 08:54 AM
if it annoys you that much, you could always fabricate your own out of aluminum or something. just an idea :-?

Cuba
14th May 2004, 08:58 AM
Better get one of those sweet Le borons then.

Willy Wonka
14th May 2004, 08:03 PM
Get some transparent self stick plastic, shelf liner and place it there. On my little c900 I can cover it with rug if needed.
Better yet lift your feet. 8)