Suspension [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Suspension

sjhudon
13th May 2004, 07:53 PM
I want to lower my car, but don't want to pay the 900 or whatever in labor the dealer wants to install a kit that will only drop it 10mm. I know H&R makes a nice 40mm drop spring but again i don't want to buy the 600 (a pair) struts on nick's site. Any suggests to lower this car at a resonable price?

Simon
13th May 2004, 07:57 PM
Eibach do springs that lower the car 30mm.

CallipNCSUsaab
13th May 2004, 07:59 PM
^ where and how much?

sjhudon
13th May 2004, 08:03 PM
Eibach do springs that lower the car 30mm.

Do you have a link to that product? I am happy to pay the 255 for H&R by the way, I just don't know how this will effect the stanard struts.

Simon
13th May 2004, 08:06 PM
Eibach Springs (http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?products_id=1221)

$325 shipped to the USA.

sjhudon
13th May 2004, 08:17 PM
http://eibach.drivewire.com/EibachCatalog/SearchResult/2004/Saab/9-3/Pro_-_Kit/2004_Saab_9-3_Pro_-_Kit.html

anyway, what kind of damage do you think lowering without changing the struts will do?

Simon
13th May 2004, 08:26 PM
It won't do any damage, but ideally you should fit performance dampers as well. Bilstein are the only company at the moment as far as I am aware offering performance dampers of the 9-3SS.

sjhudon
13th May 2004, 08:41 PM
It won't do any damage, but ideally you should fit performance dampers as well. Bilstein are the only company at the moment as far as I am aware offering performance dampers of the 9-3SS.

Really? I was under the impress that replacing only the springs would cause the struts to wear out much more quickly then they should...

pjku79
14th May 2004, 10:14 AM

Really? I was under the impress that replacing only the springs would cause the struts to wear out much more quickly then they should...

that is correct. they will wear faster.

epsilon93
14th May 2004, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know where I can locate the suspension code on the car body? I can't seem to find mine. I was told it is in front of the car under the bonnet but there is nothing on mine except the warning labal and the Mobil1 oil label.

I just want to know the suspension code for the Linear with the auto transmission.

Cayman1
14th May 2004, 10:44 AM
But by the time they are shot, more companies should have performance struts for our cars and hopefully at a more reasonable price than what's currently offered.

Do the H&R's

sjhudon
14th May 2004, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know where I can locate the suspension code on the car body? I can't seem to find mine. I was told it is in front of the car under the bonnet but there is nothing on mine except the warning labal and the Mobil1 oil label.

I just want to know the suspension code for the Linear with the auto transmission.

Its on the driver side door, on the bottom inside frame section. It should be a 6 digit number with dashes, 1-1-1-1-1-1 or something to that effect.

pjku79
14th May 2004, 12:51 PM
i doubt the price will drop much if any with time. i have an old mustang that people have been upgrading for the last 20 years and a good set of koni's is still about 400

sjhudon
14th May 2004, 12:57 PM
i would have no problem paying 400 for a set (4) struts... i have an issue paying 600 for 2. :o

Cayman1
14th May 2004, 12:59 PM
yeah, $100 per strut is cheap if you ask me.

CallipNCSUsaab
14th May 2004, 03:30 PM
steap?? da&^ outlandish robbery in other words.

JDMboy
19th May 2004, 05:05 PM
hello everyone
me and my wife have a 03' 9-3 vector and i really wanted to lower the car and was told eiabch was the only company who made springs for it so i orderd a set today then i come here and join the forums and find out H&R has a set and its lower that the Eibachs i orderd!
will this be a noticable differnece?
the 30 vs 40-MM?
i really wanted it to be pretty low so do u guys think i will
be happy with the eibachs or should i go and try to exchange them and get he H&R's?

Also will this get rid of the back looking lower than the front look?

does anyone have pix of the 9-3's on eibach's pro-kit springsv and on H&R's?
thank you

sjhudon
19th May 2004, 05:39 PM
It will be the difference between 1.18 inchs and 1.57. So it depends on how much you want to drop it... I think 30mm would be perfect plus I like Eibachs better then H&R (no good reason). are you going to replace your struts as well? or just changing the springs....

JDMboy
19th May 2004, 06:15 PM
hmmm thats not much of a difference i guess.
do you know if there will be a noticable look with that drop?
(eibach)
i wonder if it will ride smooth or firm.
as for now i ordered the springs only but im still deciding if i should put them in whenm i get it or wait till i order the eibach pro dampers

where can i see pix of 9-3's with eibach or h&r springs on it?

sjhudon
19th May 2004, 06:45 PM
(eibach)
as for now i ordered the springs only but im still deciding if i should put them in whenm i get it or wait till i order the eibach pro dampers

I wonder how long it will be before the eibach dampers will be out, i haven't heard word 1 about those... If you have your heart set on the H&R's i might be interested in taking those Eibach's off your hands...

Simon
19th May 2004, 07:41 PM
(eibach)

I wonder how long it will be before the eibach dampers will be out, i haven't heard word 1 about those... If you have your heart set on the H&R's i might be interested in taking those Eibach's off your hands...

They have been out and are now discontinued to to lack of demand.

sjhudon
19th May 2004, 08:37 PM
(eibach)

They have been out and are now discontinued to to lack of demand.

Really!! anywhere to find any of them? do you remember the price approx.?

JDMboy
19th May 2004, 09:08 PM
i dont really have my heart set on the H&R's but i do want the car lower.
well i doint know i have to see what happens i miught jsut put these on since they are on the way already
thanx for the offer though