Gas Prices!! Whew!!! Aren't we lucky we bought this car???? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Gas Prices!! Whew!!! Aren't we lucky we bought this car????

dano1atty
13th May 2004, 12:25 PM
Query: What goes up and maybe never comes down?? We should add gas prices to that list. In the last 24 hours the gas stations near my office have increased their prices by $0.10 :evil:. The experts say there's no relief in sight. My Linear averages 26-28 miles on the gallon. Am I ever glad I didn't succumb to the temptation to by the G35!! For those of you lusting after that Hummer, put your dreams on hold. While we are on it, do you use more gas if you turn on the A/C or if you leave the windows down? I know this is an elementary question, but there's no straight answer.

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 12:30 PM
You're probably not preaching to the right crowd here.

most people in this forum are European and are paying the equivalent of $5-$6 per gallon and have for years and think you are a whiny baby for complaining about $2...

Why do you think SUV's never went over as well in Europe as here? :P

ragtopcav
13th May 2004, 12:33 PM
The aircon question, you'll use less fuel with the aircon on and all the windows shut than the other way around, especially on long haul cruising.

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 12:34 PM
While we are on it, do you use more gas if you turn on the A/C or if you leave the windows down? I know this is an elementary question, but there's no straight answer.

I'm not sure about the windows. The AC however does impact milage noticably, as the engine is also driving the AC compressor.

I can see where having open windows would give you higher air resistance and impact milage as well, but I ahve no concrete proof either way...

In our American 90F - 100F summers though, you have to cool down one way or another. Driving with both the windows closed and the AC off is just not an option no matter the cost, if you ask me...

I'd be curious if anyone has any information on the window thing though.. it might just be cheaper to run the AC than to roll down the windows.. Who knows..

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 12:38 PM
The aircon question, you'll use less fuel with the aircon on and all the windows shut than the other way around, especially on long haul cruising.

Ahh thanks! You beat me to it!

ragtopcav
13th May 2004, 12:42 PM
It depends on how fast you're going, low speed towm driving the drag of roof down/open or windows down is almost irrelivant, once in motion and start to get upto the 50mph area aircon is more fuel efficient because you're using so much more fuel just to drag the car through the air.

You're getting into the mathematics of drag, power consumption and inertia which a bit beyond me, as I struggle with fatigue and critical flaw size sums in material science.

Alex
13th May 2004, 12:45 PM
Figures quoted in Autocar a couple of years back, put the cost of having either the windows down or the sunroof back at around 0.3-0.5mpg. Using aircon on the other hand cost around 2mpg.

Paco
13th May 2004, 12:46 PM
I WISH I was paying $5-6!!!!

There's a petrol station here that's just started charging 5 per gallon, I make that over $8....

I pay about $6.35 per imperial gallon at 80.9p per litre for basic fuel. My car (not the Saab) costs about $115 to fill :cheesy: :cheesy:

The Saab costs about $80 to fill.....

I need a drink.... :cry:

ragtopcav
13th May 2004, 12:49 PM
Figures quoted in Autocar a couple of years back, put the cost of having either the windows down or the sunroof back at around 0.3-0.5mpg. Using aircon on the other hand cost around 2mpg.How did they calculate it? as the figure speed dependant the autocar data does seem a bit arbitary [it's also vehicle type dependant too]

BillJ
13th May 2004, 12:50 PM
I pay about $6.35 per imperial gallon
That's $5.08 per US gallon.

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 12:52 PM
You're getting into the mathematics of drag, power consumption and inertia which a bit beyond me, as I struggle with fatigue and critical flaw size sums in material science.

Tell me about it.

It wasnt until I got to higher level thermodynamics that I had had enough with mechanical engineerign though, and decided to switch into the Industrial Engineering field.

Tomoose
13th May 2004, 01:34 PM
the US government keeps the price of gasoline artifically low... If you guys are really looking to save money, you should go to your local Indian Resevation. Gas there is usually 35-50 cents less per gallon, so on a 10 gallon fill-up, you will save about 5 bucks. The price of gas will most likely never lower however... my advice? Ask for a raise!
-Tom

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 02:19 PM
I pay about $6.35 per imperial gallon
That's $5.08 per US gallon.

hmm ((80.9p/0.264172052)*1.77066/100)= $5.39 / us gallon.

Close but no cigar :P

axl
13th May 2004, 02:21 PM
Query: What goes up and maybe never comes down?? We should add gas prices to that list. In the last 24 hours the gas stations near my office have increased their prices by $0.10 :evil:. The experts say there's no relief in sight. My Linear averages 26-28 miles on the gallon. Am I ever glad I didn't succumb to the temptation to by the G35!! For those of you lusting after that Hummer, put your dreams on hold. While we are on it, do you use more gas if you turn on the A/C or if you leave the windows down? I know this is an elementary question, but there's no straight answer.

Hey!, you think petrol prices are bad, come over here (uk) and fill up, then you will get your eyes opened!!!!

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 02:24 PM
Figures quoted in Autocar a couple of years back, put the cost of having either the windows down or the sunroof back at around 0.3-0.5mpg. Using aircon on the other hand cost around 2mpg.

[engineering geek]
I'm assuming they tested at a fixed velocity.

As ragotp said, it makes a lot of sense that at higher speeds it becomes more beneficial to use AC over open windows...

The AC compressor robs you of the same amount of power regardless of speed, but since mpg is measured per gallon, it would make sense that the per gallon cost of the AC goes down the faster you drive.

The wind resistance equation is: F=C*(V)^2 , where c is the wind resistance constant, right? So wind resistance from open windows goes up the faster you drive...

Sooo...

What ragtop said makes perfect sense. The question is where the breakeven speed is, and we cant calculate that without knowing the specific air resistance constant for open vs closed windows for the particular car, and how much power the compressor for the particular AC in that car consumes.
[/engineering geek]

Oliver
13th May 2004, 02:25 PM
most people in this forum are European and think you are a whiny baby for complaining about $2...

Well I certainly think so :x :wink:

ragtopcav
13th May 2004, 02:32 PM
most people in this forum are European and think you are a whiny baby for complaining about $2...

Well I certainly think so :x :wink:Then you go on the trackday and average 12.7mpg around the circuit, and that's the beefier imperial gallon, not the fun size US one :lol:

dano1atty
13th May 2004, 02:41 PM

Well I certainly think so :x :wink:

True. Don't forget that one of the aims of this post is to praise the car for being relatively stingy on gas consumption. As to Europeans paying more, they are used to that. I guess we're spoiled but they do have alternatives. Which is, they drive fewer miles. The countries are smaller :wink: , and they have very efficient public transportation systems. Over here, distances are greater and we love to drive. I might be whining, but I'm not the only one. AAA and several consumer groups are getting antsy.

ragtopcav
13th May 2004, 02:47 PM
and they have very efficient public transportation systems. :o :lol:

9000anni
13th May 2004, 02:48 PM
I am sure that nearer election time in the USA you'll be getting cheaper gas ;)

As for us poor sod's in the UK, unless there is a revolution, the motorist will contine to be vast revenue source for the government, local council's and of course the Police.

goalkeeper21
13th May 2004, 03:22 PM
Wow, now I really feel bad! I also have a suburban and I get mad when I have to fill up for like $60. 115 that is insane! Now when people b*itch and moan about gas prices I'll just give them, well in europe it's this. Is that why people like Diesel so much? how much is diesel per gallon?
Tony

dano1atty
13th May 2004, 03:23 PM
Pump busters 2004

Model Type City/Highway mileage Annual fuel cost

Honda Insight Small car 60/66 mpg $334

Toyota Prius Family sedan 60/51 mpg $382

Acura RSX Entry-level luxury coupe 27/33 mpg $699

Saab 9-3 Entry-level luxury sedan 23/33 mpg $777

BMW 530i Luxury sedans 20/30 mpg $1,044

Chevrolet Impala Large sedan 21/32 mpg $840

Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 38/46 mpg $494

Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 38/46 mpg $494

Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 26/33 mpg $725

Volkswagen Jetta Wagon 36/47 mpg $494

Ford Ranger Pickup 24/29 mpg $809

Mazda B-series Pickup 24/29 mpg $809

Toyota RAV4 Sport utility 24/30 mpg $809

Dodge Caravan Minivan 20/26 mpg $956

Toyota Sienna Minivan 19/27 mpg $956

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 03:25 PM
My biggest argument to counter the "Americans are whining over nothing" when it comes to expensive gas argument (which I myself used earlier in this thread) is the following.

Many americans calculated what they could afford and bought a new big car/truck/suv that has a very low mpg rating.

Now they are stuck with this car, an dloan payments on it, but they can't afford to drive it like they planned. If they had known they might have bought something a little more reasonable...

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 03:28 PM
Is that why people like Diesel so much? how much is diesel per gallon?

Although I can't remember the prices, yes, per gallon Diesel usually is a little bit cheaper than regular gas.. but thats not the end of the story...

A diesel vehicle uses much less diesel, than a comparable gasoline powered car..

So you win on both sides of the equation...

Of course, diesels are noisier and smellier, and generally are less powerful than their gasoline siblings...

Crevalle
13th May 2004, 03:34 PM
What a bunch of whiners. :(

Give me a break! If gas prices stay where they are (which they will not--they will come down according to the Saudis), it would cost MAYBE $300 more per YEAR. That's $5.76 per week. 82-cents per day. That's life--deal with it.

Many of you have convinced me that some people just plain like to complain.

axl
13th May 2004, 03:39 PM
Diesel usually is a little bit cheaper than regular gas

Not in the UK it's not!!, well not Scotland.

Jezzadee
13th May 2004, 03:43 PM
Many americans calculated what they could afford and bought a new big car/truck/suv that has a very low mpg rating.

Now they are stuck with this car, an dloan payments on it, but they can't afford to drive it like they planned. If they had known they might have bought something a little more reasonable...

That's fair enough if people never expected the price of petrol to rise, and no doubt there are some, but it's not like this is the first time it has happened - the OPEC crisis in the 70's was a bit of a wake-up call. I just read a review of a book written by a couple of academics in the Economist who argue pretty convincingly that the price of a barrel of oil will rise to $100 by the end of the decade. It's called 'The Oil Factor' if anyone is interested. The other issue is that Europe has a lifestyle that is actually very similar to the US - in the UK the distances are of course much smaller, but our public transport is so poor that many developing nations have a better network. People here are very dependant on their cars, and are willing to pay 85 pence a litre to use them. One of the largest potential sources of revenue for the US is the currently cheap fuel. If it were taxed even half as much as UK fuel the US government would make a fortune. The fuel protests in the UK a few years ago showed that there was a limit to what people would put up with, but the prices now are the same as the proposed rise then. Don't put too much faith in the American people rising up as one and taking to the hills in protest. With the current overseas obligations of US foreign policy the administration is going to be looking for ways to increase revenue, and as Europe has shown there's a long way to go yet.

2004Saab93Linear
13th May 2004, 03:44 PM
Even with gas prices in the US at a huge $2.xx/gal, what you have to remember is that gas as a percentage of expenditures is still lower that it was in the 70's.

I don't mind the "high" prices. I just switched from a truck that averages 14-17 mpg to my 9-3 which is getting 27.6 mpg.

All in all it's looking pretty good over here.

Andy

ragtopcav
13th May 2004, 03:49 PM
Even with gas prices in the US at a huge $2.xx/gal, what you have to remember is that gas as a percentage of expenditures is still lower that it was in the 70's.

Well done to Andy for reminding us that fuel price is relative to national average income, now I'm wondering in real terms whether it's more expensive or not in the UK [I think it is] than it was 20 or 30 years ago.

McG
13th May 2004, 03:54 PM
Isn't the majority of the price difference between North America and Europe as a result of tax differences?

If you want cheaper gas, vote in a new government. :)

Increasing tax on fuel is tough, as it has a very significant detrimental effect on the economy to tax transportation.

goalkeeper21
13th May 2004, 03:58 PM
Is that why people like Diesel so much? how much is diesel per gallon?

Although I can't remember the prices, yes, per gallon Diesel usually is a little bit cheaper than regular gas.. but thats not the end of the story...

A diesel vehicle uses much less diesel, than a comparable gasoline powered car..

So you win on both sides of the equation...

Of course, diesels are noisier and smellier, and generally are less powerful than their gasoline siblings...

I know diesels are cheaper here. I just didn't know if diesels were cheaper in the UK. I know that it is very beneficial to have a diesel. I don't mind the noise or the smell, call me weird but I actually kind of like the smell of a diesel.
Tony

Mattlach
13th May 2004, 04:01 PM
What a bunch of whiners. :(

Give me a break! If gas prices stay where they are (which they will not--they will come down according to the Saudis), it would cost MAYBE $300 more per YEAR. That's $5.76 per week. 82-cents per day. That's life--deal with it.
Many of you have convinced me that some people just plain like to complain.

Hmm I go through about two tanks at 18.5 gallons per week.

At 52 weeks and $2.25 for the premium stuff thats at total of $4329, or more than a tenth of my after tax income.

I don't know where your $300 number comes from...

CleveSaab
13th May 2004, 04:15 PM

Well done to Andy for reminding us that fuel price is relative to national average income, now I'm wondering in real terms whether it's more expensive or not in the UK [I think it is] than it was 20 or 30 years ago.

That is a good point. Thier money is worth more, thier cost of living in general is higher....

Crevalle
13th May 2004, 04:20 PM
Hmm I go through about two tanks at 18.5 gallons per week.

At 52 weeks and $2.25 for the premium stuff thats at total of $4329, or more than a tenth of my after tax income.

I don't know where your $300 number comes from...

$300 is my personal added expense--I'll do the math for you:

12,000 miles per year / 20mpg = 600 gallons of gasoline

600 gallons x 50-cents higher price = $300

BTW, using two tanks of gas per week is blatantly out-of-the-ordinary. Don't compare yourself to the average driver. You would pay an additional $962 per year (assuming gas is 50-cents per gallon higher than normal).

Rhino2.3t
13th May 2004, 05:09 PM
mmm.. diesel is roughly the same if not more than vin ordinaire petrol here.
as for public service in my home town...
nearest train station - 16miles.
buses - 2 a week
ambulance - 45mins (nearest hospital 20miles away, anything serious and its heli-time)
nearest 'subway' - 200 miles :wink:
nearest supermarket / macdickheads / kfc /cinema / bowling (insert lame-*** pastime)- 25miles

top tip - buy a 535i 'sport' (loosely termed analogy- see 'darts' or 'fly-fishing') weep at 13mpg.
then simply purchase turbo'd saab, smile and boost, and smile and boost, repeat as necessary 8)

p.s. stop whining seps (please?)

nutcase
13th May 2004, 05:11 PM
The rate petrol stations are closing near me, it won;t be long befroe I have to drive 10 miles to the nearest one. Three have shut within one mile of me in the last 18 months, and in the last 3 years probably about 7 within 2 miles. And I live in the county town!

I guess it's just more profitable to sell the land for more flats.

Rhino2.3t
13th May 2004, 06:14 PM
the country is in a mess. nuff said.

*gets ready to kip in the SAAB* (if he had one)

Paco
14th May 2004, 06:07 AM
If you want cheaper gas, vote in a new government. :)

No viable party here has the lowering of petrol prices in it's manifesto, AFAIK.... :cry:

I worked out that driving the Jag is roughly the same as driving my Saab Turbo and smoking a packet of cigs every work day.... and I don't smoke...so it's a bargain!

(don't you love my logic???? :-? :P )

I'll be on LPG before long, anyhoo.....

Rhino2.3t
14th May 2004, 06:11 AM
that's logic tainted alright.. just think how far you could drive if you enforced a pet food diet regime for the children.. :cheesy:

Paco
14th May 2004, 06:15 AM
By "pets", I take it you mean "fish"....

None of that meaty-whole-chunks-Pedigree-Chum-luxury for my litter, I assure you, finest fish flakes will suffice :P

I could afford to drive to the pub!!!!!

Rhino2.3t
14th May 2004, 06:32 AM
you've got a valid point, running children on dog meat would be the equivalent of sunday roast everyday (hadn't thought of that).

i'm sure s couple of nutritious lard/nut bird treat combos would help keep the fishflake bill from becoming a burden.
On top of that, when they have little rugrat friends visit, said friends will never want one of 'Uncle Paco's special lollies' :wink:

Paco
14th May 2004, 07:34 AM
On top of that, when they have little rugrat friends visit, said friends will never want one of 'Uncle Paco's special lollies' :wink:

>splutter/guffaw/help how do you clean coffee and spittle out of a key board????? :cheesy: :cheesy:

yfs87
14th May 2004, 09:15 AM
:lol: special lollies...yummm :P
hahahaha remember when you were a kid, you may have had 'playdays' where you gathered with equally $hitfaced kids your age and played togeather. wellllll....you could just do that with a few changes, mostly involvoing scavanging for food...

"Ok kids, to the back yard....now todays goal is to dig up 10 worms each and eat them. The first one to do this gets fish flakes, everyone afterwords needs to eat 10 more worms!!! Have funnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!"

if only...

johncc
14th May 2004, 10:22 AM
Where I live, we grow our own vegetables, eat tourists for extra protein, stockpile food and fuel and spend the evenings polishing our weapons round a cheery pile of burning books :)

valbowski1980
15th May 2004, 12:24 PM
My fillup cost about 30 bucks at the moment and a full tank lasts me about a week and a half. It is a good bit more than I'm used to but I can hack it since my 9000 does well on fuel. I do get pleasure out of seeing the jackasses who own Expeditions drop heavy bucks only to do it again 4 days later.

As for Diesels, the fuel here is cheaper (20 cents pre gallon in Connecticut). A great argument for diesel is this: http://www.greasecar.com, a hell of a way to reduce dependence of oil imports.[/url]

Nairda
16th May 2004, 11:13 AM
http://saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30327
Bunch of cry babies :cry:

valbowski1980
16th May 2004, 11:50 AM
http://saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30327
Bunch of cry babies :cry:

See post # http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=262570#262570

:nono;

DeLorean
16th May 2004, 03:00 PM

As for us poor sod's in the UK, unless there is a revolution, the motorist will contine to be vast revenue source for the government, local council's and of course the Police.

I don't understand why you guys in the UK allow this to happen :-?

Jezzadee
16th May 2004, 03:26 PM
Bit of a mystery to me too, to be honest, but without going into too much detail its a case of a lack of alternatives. Labour has a massive majority gained as a reaction against the policies (or lack of) of the Conservatives in the early 90's. So there's not much to choose between them. There have been protests for some time about what is perceived as unfair taxation - the poll tax under the Conservatives sparked riots and was eventually shelved. The Council tax that replaced it has gone up so much that many people refuse to pay, including entire villages, as it is essentially an unfair tax as it takes no account of income. Almost every month there is another headline in the papers about a granny who could go to jail for not paying it. We are pretty close to breaking point on it and the government have acknowledged that, but give the councils no other option for funding. As for fuel, same applies - there were fuel protests a couple of years ago, and I think there will be again. According to the BBC today 75% of motorists feel that cameras are designed primarily to raise revenue, not make roads safer - there are groups of people who go around setting fire to speed cameras. The key difference is that we have a tradition more akin to Social Democrat policies, where the National Health Service should provide healthcare to all citizens, not just those who can pay, for example. A consequence of that mentality, in trying to avoid the US system of extreme disparity of wealth, which Thatcher tried to emulate, is higher taxation. Unfortunately we are currently paying the taxes and not getting the services. Whether we allow it to happen for another 4 years remains to be seen.

CR
16th May 2004, 05:24 PM
Today's price in UK US gallon (3.5 litres) = US$5.11. There's been more than a 10% increase in a week!

Luckily for me, my 3.0 TiD does around 38 mpg (UK gallon = 4.5 litres)

your time is coming.....

enjoy it whilst you can!

dano1atty
18th May 2004, 08:29 PM
I just paid $31.80 for a full tank on my '04 Linear. The tank was almost empty with the warning light on. That's the most I have ever paid for a full tank of gas in my life! :evil: Is it time to hit the panic button yet?

900t
18th May 2004, 08:40 PM
The pumps yesterday around me were at 99.9 cents, the maximum possible...

Drove right into Ontario, first station I see - 89 cents.

!

maybe we should all drive these [sorry jetman] : http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/files/chop_shop.jpg

jetman
18th May 2004, 08:49 PM
My son has a blue one, and trust me, I have thought many time of how to stuff a small engine in there somewhere.

MeatballTurbo
17th September 2004, 08:27 AM

I don't understand why you guys in the UK allow this to happen :-?

Becuase the owning of firearms is prohibited to the average man in the streets, the army are still loyal to the government (which ever party in is in), and you don't get much good storming the houses of parliament with pitchforks an flaming torches, if the other side have trained soldiers with water cannon, tear gas, guns, and tanks.

Think Tianamin Square all over again.

We've had it for so long, that when the government says assume the position, most people just reach for their favourite cushions, so they don't get sore knees and elbows.

Oliver
17th September 2004, 10:21 AM
Anyone else drive on LPG @ 1,10 $ per US gallon :cheesy: :cheesy: ??

bearclaw
17th September 2004, 11:23 AM
Am I ever glad I didn't succumb to the temptation to by the G35!!

:! :! :! :! You could have had a G35? :! :! :! :!

Stefano
17th September 2004, 01:16 PM
Anyone else drive on LPG @ 1,10 $ per US gallon :cheesy: :cheesy: ??

I do. But I keep on dreaming to be righ enough to be able to afford real petrol/gas....

Because, let's face it, the car is slower, heavier, the engine bay is more cluttered, the autonomy is small, it never runs good on gas, it runs hotter, less cargo space.... :roll: And there's no reason why LPG should be cheaper than petrol, if not for political reasons. It's not cleaner than gas, emission wise, also because law don't demand you a closed loop injection system with catalizer if you run on LPG, so it's like going back to the carburator years.
Probably it's just that they has so much LPG as a side-product of petrol from oil, that they need to get rid of some somehow :roll: .

valbowski1980
17th September 2004, 02:17 PM
My beef with petrol is not how much it costs but where it comes from (and I don't mean Canada here). I'm just looking forward to the day fuel-cell cars will be the standard.

V.J.S
17th September 2004, 02:34 PM
You're probably not preaching to the right crowd here.

Amen

most people in this forum are European and are paying the equivalent of $5-$6 per gallon and have for years and think you are a whiny baby for complaining about $2...

Yeah, I travel about 85km's to work every day altogether. Then you add the "pleasure" and leisure drives on top of that. It equals about 600 km's/week, during summer time even more, much more. That's more than 3000km's / week, or 40000+ km's/year. I average 8,8 litres/100km with my 9k 2,3T. My friends, that equals to about 280...300/month with the gas prices we have here up North (=Finland). That is 360$ (US) per month on gas only. Now please, start complaining on US gas prices if you would. And to add things up, we have the cheapest new car prices in Europe. That is, BEFORE tax. After tax, I believe we are second most expensive after Norway on new car prices. That is also why we drive just about the oldest (=unsafest & most polluting) cars in Europe on average.

CleveSaab
17th September 2004, 03:51 PM
I spend MAYBE $60/mo on gas. MAYBE.
I never complain about high gas prices as I hang out on a worlddwide forum and am WELL-AWARE of what my friends around the world have to deal with (and I've paid for gas in Canada).
If anything I think we should TAX THEM EVEN MORE. Perot was at least right about that.
I get real tired of americans whining about $2.00/gallon. The only people IMO that have any rhyme or reason to complain are people in the Transportation inudstry.
Semi drivers, taxi cabs et al.

Take a bus, buy a hybrid, carpool. Above all else, quit the whining. This country needs A LOT more things before it needs cheap gas...

jetman@home
17th September 2004, 03:59 PM
OK all you UK people, we all know you pay through the nose for petrol, but you could toss a stone across your entire country. How many days are you going on a tank? Whats your monthly bill?

CleveSaab
17th September 2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, but what's the difference Jetman? I'm sure they still have very similar commute times.
I mean yea, we may be 200+ times the size of the UK but our cities are no bigger or smaller (overall).

DeLorean
17th September 2004, 06:44 PM
the main reason you UK guys pay so much for gas is becaise they tax the living hell out of it... Honestly, I don't know how you stand for it

Jezzadee
17th September 2004, 06:49 PM
My monthly fuel bill is roughly 160, or US$280. Although I live in a very rural area, I have a short commute compared to many people in this part of England. There are plenty of people who spend 3 or more hours a day in their cars commuting in Norfolk and Suffolk. There is no public transport around here.

dano1atty
18th September 2004, 09:45 AM
Am I ever glad I didn't succumb to the temptation to by the G35!!

:! :! :! :! You could have had a G35? :! :! :! :!

I test drove it. I was impressed, my wife was so-so, but she loved the 9-3. I could have bought the G, but I also considered the TSX and A4. I don't like the TL.