Pics of our SaabCentral 1st Meet in Malaysia [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Pics of our SaabCentral 1st Meet in Malaysia

bohtak
13-05-04, 09:13 AM
Here's some pics of our meetup at the science centre. will be glad to have somemore exposure for saabcentral & more members as well. 8)

members who attended,

EdwinJ c900 T8 81'
Mr.Pap (demond) c900 T8 84'
denmaster (elji) c900 LPT with ic & 16" aeros
thiban c900 LPT
alkt (aaron) GM900 2.3 NA
bohtak (andrew) c900 LPT with ic 0.9bar

Keep on Saabing!

Rgds
Andrew

bohtak
13-05-04, 09:31 AM
somemore pics

Abbott 900
13-05-04, 09:47 AM
Some nice pics there... Your car certainly sits a fair bit lower than the others that's for sure!!

Paco
13-05-04, 10:02 AM
Love the 4 door on polished 3 spoke Super Aeros, looks 8)

Big Nev
13-05-04, 10:17 AM
Fine looking line up.

Photo #6 is 8) 8)

Tweek's Turbos
13-05-04, 11:55 AM
Awesome turnout. Perhaps I can make next years. :cheesy:

Simon
13-05-04, 12:18 PM
Nice pic's :D

pda
13-05-04, 12:46 PM
very nice pictures :cheesy: :cheesy:
how low is your car :o :o

Paul

bohtak
13-05-04, 02:24 PM
thanks guys.

tweeks turbo.. you coming to malaysia?? :cheesy:

and bout my car, the springs are trent saab 25mm, but when installed, they sti quite low. wonder was it a manufacturer defect? :o

more pics...

Mark P
13-05-04, 03:29 PM
Awesome pics fellas! 8)

spence
13-05-04, 04:31 PM
nice pics :D why didnt we do something like that @ york :roll:

garry
13-05-04, 05:10 PM
Excellent Pic's...
Weather looks like it was nice :D

MonkeyMan
13-05-04, 09:43 PM
Wow! I love all the C900s!

Especially yours and the baby blue pre-facelift. 8)

BEN

edwinj
14-05-04, 07:09 AM
hello all, owner of the 81 FPT preface lift here...

maybe you guys shud all come over for a combined photo shoot...oh yes, and pack those saab's into your luggage..!!!

Cuba
14-05-04, 07:22 AM
Sounds good, I can put the t900 on the train to Darwin, then grab a boat to KL and We'll be there within 2 days, no wucken forries! You better have one of those awful coffees made with condensed milk ready for me or there will be trouble :cheesy:
What do drink in KL by the way? Then I know what to get at duty free :cheesy: :cheesy:

alkt
14-05-04, 08:42 AM
Great pics.bohtak's C900 sure is fast :D

Cuba
14-05-04, 08:48 AM
Alright, lets get a team ready at KL. It's a mission to get to Chiang Mai and back. First one back wins.

DeLorean
14-05-04, 09:42 AM
Nice turn out! I really like that 4 door black C-900. very original car. So did you guys get to go for a drive, or did you just meet up and chat? Oh, and if tweeks goes to the next one, so will I ;)

bohtak
14-05-04, 09:57 AM
heh, ok delorean, we'll see you and tweeks, we did go for a drive, just for breakfast then off home.. chatted like bout 3 hours? :o

cuba,
come on down mate! we'll get ready that "nescafe tarik nipis" for yeah!

edwinj
14-05-04, 11:09 AM
Dear All,

Actually the group of us actually met here on saabcentral. what was initially an online meeting evetually turned out to be a very very nice acquantaince. We work on the cars together, go for runs together, have coffee together and we even have a spare parts pool..*LOL*..that even a world class airline will be envious of!!!!

As long as all the Saabs are running well, we are happy...:)

It is good to have such a great following of people around the world, who are so supportive (eg: john-w intercooler is in my 900). thats how far and wide parts for saab's have traveled.

anyways, its always a pleasure to come online and see what's happening, though lately, time has been a great contraint.

thanks to all contributors, as well as all the moderators and administrators who do a great job in keeping this place going..!!!

ZARS
14-05-04, 12:05 PM
Excellent photos chaps, especially like photo #9 :D

walawala
14-05-04, 01:03 PM
Ouch...my car does need to be a little lower from the pic.. :oops: :oops:

Good Job bro, shall make one of the pics the wallpaper for my PC!

P.S: You got my name spelt wrongly on the first post! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Des

NSE
14-05-04, 10:34 PM
Cars are lookin good guys. Nice to see the sedans being represented. :D Wish I could join you.

Rhino2.3t
15-05-04, 08:55 AM
excellent pics guys.. no.9 is very slick 8)

bassist5
15-05-04, 10:39 AM
God damn, the blue 4dr is realllly nice!!! :o

doodler
16-05-04, 02:07 AM
Looks like you guys had a good time! All the cars look in great shape too considering it's not that easy to get Saab parts round here.

Let us know if you plan travel down south in the future, with some luck we may be able to get 4 generations of Saabs into one group shot. 8)

walawala
16-05-04, 10:25 AM
Thanks Rhino2.3t!!!
looks really good...are you a Photoshop expert!? :o

Des

Rhino2.3t
16-05-04, 02:43 PM
i think 'expert' is pushing it :wink:

i like to have a play with these things though!

it takes a lot less time to do it in photoshop than in real life..

SaabScott
16-05-04, 09:36 PM
WOW!
Those pics are great!

You have set some very high standards for future SC meets!

The challenge is on!
We'll have to work hard at Cleve's next weekend! :wink: :cheesy:

TPK
16-05-04, 11:16 PM
If I wasnt the only person I know with a Saab here in Milwaukee Id do something along the same lines...

Very cool seeing virtual communities come together in real life settings!

Cheers to you all!

T

ThaBrkrs349
17-05-04, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a great time had by all! I've been to many place sin the world but never Malaysia. I've always wanted to get there too - especially since my uncle has been working in Kuala Lumpur for Bechtel. I have an "in" now! My father has been in Penang several times and I've seen many photos. Looks great!

One of the coolest things is that SaabCentral has gone from what was once a pretty much an all UK/US site to plenty of people from around the world!

bohtak
17-05-04, 01:45 AM
we'll be glad to host any of you that wish to come to malaysia for holidays. we did have some time with John-w and Kerry the last time when he came. was fun seeing him.

doodler,

why not a drive up to melaka and meet? there for it'll be fair to most of our members. i think saab club sg i making an arrangement to come down to malaysia next month? we in malaysia are really looking forward in meeting you guys! :cheesy:

cheers
andrew

walawala
17-05-04, 02:17 AM
I've always wanted to get there too - especially since my uncle has been working in Kuala Lumpur for Bechtel.

:o :o
my previous company was audited by Bechtel...was your uncle one of them!? :o :o

was in charge of clearing up the Bechtel audit stuff but i left the company before i could finish it! :cheesy: :cheesy: (too bad no smiling devil emoticon)

Des

ThaBrkrs349
17-05-04, 12:36 PM
Haha. WOW. Small world here. I think my uncle's job has to do with making arrangements with local companies who will be assisting Bechtel's various projects.

Not a bad job though, he married Miss Guatamala while he worked there! :wink:

Cuba
18-05-04, 05:32 AM
Friend of mine works in a bank in Serembam.

I've spent some time in KL. Heavily sleep deprived and jet lagged. I saw a dead dog down a drain (it looked just like Benji). I halucinated some trails of ants and various other odities. I had some audio halucinations to if you like. people saying my name and stuff. I fall asleep standing up on the bus back to the airport and got a lump on my head as I fell. Ahh.... but that all part of the story I will post as soon as I'm finished it. It's a bit of a fear and loathing all over the world.

bohtak
18-05-04, 06:43 AM
dun worry cuba, the next time u get here, we'll be a good host :cheesy: