When did GM acquire SAAB? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: When did GM acquire SAAB?

flounder43
12th May 2004, 06:02 PM
I've read that GM bought 50% of SAAB in 1989, and acquired 100% in 2000, is that correct?

Also, at what point was GM's influence first noticed? How much control did they have early on?

(I have a 1992 and would like to think that it is totally GM free, but I guess that may not be entirely true...)

axl
12th May 2004, 06:13 PM
They must have bought the "body shop" in 90'ish, and the rest 2kish.

The reason I say that because you get rust at bottom of (nearly all doors) from about 89'-90' on.
The from 2k I take it the rest will fall to bit's around us,engine's will blow up ect.
you know it's weird how ppl like GM get such a bad name.
If they would just stop puting cost/profit before quality maybe just maybe things would be bit better.

Why did Saab sell to these a rs hole's anyway??

McG
12th May 2004, 06:39 PM
Sigh....is there a special place we can put the posts/threads that turn into GM-bashing?

I understand that this is necessary in a forum to allow for people to voice their concerns over GM, but it seems to infect otherwise productive discussions.

(PS: There is not and has never been a Saab I would consider buying before the 2003 9-3SS, so on balance, the GM purchase was a good thing for me!)

axl
12th May 2004, 06:49 PM
Sigh....is there a special place we can put the posts/threads that turn into GM-bashing?

Yes, but it's full, so we had to start another one :cheesy: :cheesy:

Paul
12th May 2004, 07:00 PM
The anti-GM thing has been done to death over and over again on these forums, please lets give it a rest :roll: