May/June edition of the SOC GB's 'Driver' magazine [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: May/June edition of the SOC GB's 'Driver' magazine

Simon
12th May 2004, 06:46 PM
Has anybody received their copy yet?

heli-saaber
12th May 2004, 07:15 PM
Not yet. Has yours arrived? It'll be interesting to see whether the SOC National is featured - information from the SOC (more aptly, the Cumbria branch) has been a little lacking to date, other than an acknowledgement of our booking.

nutcase
12th May 2004, 07:28 PM
Nope. Was beginning to think it had been a while.

Matthew
12th May 2004, 07:59 PM
Nothing here yet either. Can't remeber if I told them of my new address. If not, then the magazine's at the mercy of Royal Mail's "redirect" service ;)

jnorris
12th May 2004, 07:59 PM
No, not yet, but the postal service in these parts is fairly random...

Fliptop
12th May 2004, 08:08 PM
It's late again... :roll:

Simon
13th May 2004, 04:31 PM
I've still not had my copy!

ragtopcav
13th May 2004, 04:32 PM
Me neither, were they waiting for an article off you Simon :lol:

Simon
13th May 2004, 04:33 PM
Ahhh... that's what's delayed it :oops: :lol:

Tone_Depear
14th May 2004, 03:39 AM
It'll be interesting to see whether the SOC National is featured - information from the SOC (more aptly, the Cumbria branch) has been a little lacking to date, other than an acknowledgement of our booking.

There WAS a 4 page centre feature and booking form in the Mar/Apr mag. I can't imagine they can give much more info than was in that.

nutcase
17th May 2004, 06:40 AM
Mine's just dropped through the door :)

Jim
17th May 2004, 08:41 AM
Arrived Sat morning iwth the same info on the National as last month, however it does say all bookingss to be received by the 18th May (tomorrow) so it doesn't seem very efficient to send them out two days before the apparent closing date for booking!!

Tone_Depear
17th May 2004, 08:58 AM
Arrived Sat morning iwth the same info on the National as last month, however it does say all bookingss to be received by the 18th May (tomorrow) so it doesn't seem very efficient to send them out two days before the apparent closing date for booking!!

I spoke to Dave Garnett last night and everyone's trying their best!

To clarify, all bookings requiring Extras (Shirts and stuff) need to be in by the 18th May. Not ALL bookings. But yeah, the clubs had some problems this month.

Worth reminding people that the kind volunteers who do work for the club do it in their spare time, for free, and the club has NO employees.

Christ. Listen to me. A far cry from that thread about the 2002 national! :oops: :roll:

Jim
17th May 2004, 09:09 AM

I spoke to Dave Garnett last night and everyone's trying their best!

To clarify, all bookings requiring Extras (Shirts and stuff) need to be in by the 18th May. Not ALL bookings. But yeah, the clubs had some problems this month.

Worth reminding people that the kind volunteers who do work for the club do it in their spare time, for free, and the club has NO employees.

Christ. Listen to me. A far cry from that thread about the 2002 national! :oops: :roll:

oh well consider my leg slapped!! Although the volunteers do it for free and I do appreciate that things don't always go according to plan, members actually pay to join it and as with everything when people spend out money they expect good service and do tend to forget that sometimes unavoidable problems can and do arise. Does the club need more volunteers to help out with things and if so who do we contact?

ragtopcav
17th May 2004, 09:09 AM
worth reminding people that the kind volunteers who do work for the club do it in their spare time, for free, and the club has NO employees.

Christ. Listen to me. A far cry from that thread about the 2002 national! :oops: :roll: this thread? (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3983&highlight=national) :cheesy:

:lol:

Tone_Depear
17th May 2004, 10:28 AM
this thread? (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3983&highlight=national) :cheesy:

Scary. It was toss though, wasn't it. Last year's was much better! 8)

Tone_Depear
17th May 2004, 10:39 AM
Although the volunteers do it for free and I do appreciate that things don't always go according to plan, members actually pay to join it and as with everything when people spend out money they expect good service and do tend to forget that sometimes unavoidable problems can and do arise.

Good point, well made. It's easy to forget that kind of thing in the thin air of the moral highground!

Does the club need more volunteers to help out with things and if so who do we contact?

ABSOLUTELY! In the first instance, I'd drop a line to Dave Garnet - chairman@saabclub.co.uk - possibly the nicest bloke in the world, and I'm sure he'd be glad of any assistance available.

It's fair to say, there's been an unusually high turnover in the past year of the people running the club, and inevitably it's caused some difficulties, and gaps in the chain of command which are now being filled. I think, if anything, the club don't shout for help enough when they need it. But that's just my opinion!

I still can't believe that "National was rubbish" thread! How old do I feel now! (About 2 years older, weirdly)

Naranto
17th May 2004, 12:15 PM
My copy arrived Saturday.

It was a surprse to see another of my photos (or to be more exact a part of) from the now shelved Ruby Calendar on the cover. Ho hum, one of lifes lessons :roll:

greenphotos
18th May 2004, 05:02 AM
Mine arrived too!

Yipee!

Mark
:cheesy: