ROLL CALL - CARLISLE! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: ROLL CALL - CARLISLE!

Brooklyn 9000
12-05-04, 02:59 PM
So who's going to Carlisle? I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

roller girl
12-05-04, 04:19 PM
see you there :cheesy:

Diggler
12-05-04, 04:21 PM
Hey RollerGirl, want a ride? :wink:

sethsev7n
12-05-04, 04:22 PM
Whens the date? Do you have any information on it?

Mattlach
12-05-04, 04:23 PM
What is this Carlisle thing now?

DeLorean
12-05-04, 04:24 PM
I'll be there!

check here for more data--

http://www.centralpennsaab.com/

Diggler
12-05-04, 04:24 PM
http://www.centralpennsaab.com

it's also in the event forum.

roller girl
12-05-04, 04:33 PM

i don't know :-?
with a name like Diggler i'm not sure you can be trusted...

probably end up sleeping in the front seat in the parking lot outside your mechanic's shop! :lol: :lol:

Diggler
12-05-04, 04:36 PM

i don't know :-?
with a name like Diggler i'm not sure you can be trusted...

probably end up sleeping in the front seat in the parking lot outside your mechanic's shop! :lol: :lol:

:cheesy:

SPGBOY
12-05-04, 04:55 PM
I'll be there bright and early helping out to set up for the day.

Brooklyn 9000
12-05-04, 05:28 PM
For a broader context of what Carlisle is, click the following link, too.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/schedule/import/index.asp

This is a great automobile event for the Northeast, with tons of rare automobilia and vendors galore. It's not just for Saabs, but it should be.

I usually go for two days or three. Let's just hope for once it doesn't RAIN! 6 years in a row so far!

I'm in Brooklyn if anyone needs a lift due to a SNAFU.

roller girl
12-05-04, 05:42 PM
we are in Norwalk, does anyone want to try and get together a line of Saabs en route to Carlisle?

we are taking Friday off from work and heading down...i just pulled out a map real quick (read: no forsight involved here, these towns might not even be on the best route there) but Eason PA and Allentown look to be just into PA...maybe a bunch of us could meet in one of those areas? proceed from there in an impressive group?

hmmmmmm :-??

can of worms or half way decent idea? you be the judge :cheesy:

Brooklyn 9000
12-05-04, 06:06 PM
I would think from your location in order to "connect" with the widest range, the gas station on the Hutchinson River Parkway might be a good place to meet. The covers people from points South (Hutch/I-95), North (684/Merrit) and East (I-95). The station is about 1 mile south on the Hutch from the 684/Hutch/287 xchange, a quick trip over the Tappan Zee and you're on your way. They have a pretty good junk food mart w/ Krispy Kremes and tons of coffee...and parking.

Having suggested that; unfortunately I won't be heading out until Friday afternoon at the earliest, so I can't join the Saab-a-van, but best of luck setting it up.

Mattlach
12-05-04, 07:31 PM
This is a great automobile event for the Northeast, with tons of rare automobilia and vendors galore. It's not just for Saabs, but it should be.

Northeast? Its in PA.. Thats practically in the south :P

Sounds like it could be fun, but I dont think I'm up for driving that far for a car event. I think I draw my limit at a 2 hr drive.

Brooklyn 9000
12-05-04, 08:51 PM
A 2 Hour limit! That's it?! :suprised;

OK, it might be a hike for you; it's 2 1/2 hours for me, but well worth the trip. I'd travel twice as far just to see all the cars.

It happens to be where I was born, too.

And yes, it is the Northeast. It's not New England, but it is the Northeast IMHO.

Saabian
12-05-04, 10:20 PM
I'll be there with my dad and our buddy Pat. I'll be driving the 900 Turbo. Probably won't go till Saturday though.

-Ian

rally900
13-05-04, 12:54 AM
rumour has it i'm being forced to go so i guess i'll see you there...

james
team saabworks

roller girl
13-05-04, 08:03 AM
rumour has it i'm being forced to go so i guess i'll see you there...

james
team saabworks

YEAH!!! i'm so glad that your arm (and not ankle :wink: ) was twisted into coming! a Saab event wouldn't be the same without you

...are you bringing the potato gun :-??

saab90089
13-05-04, 08:50 AM
I missed this one last year and regretted it. ERP was talking to me about it at Tweek's meet.

I am not sure if i can go because I think my friend and I have a customer coming up to lower his WRX. I will see.

Ian

Diggler
13-05-04, 10:39 AM
I will not be participating in a Caravan with people I have never met. Unfortunately this comes from bad experiance in the past with people who do not inspect their cars before road trips and have no organizational skills :nono; . If you guys do plan to caravan to any event I highly recommend an inspection of the vehicle and coming up with a way to communicate between vehicles (FRS radios) perhaps. There will likely be several caravans to Carlisle so if you really want to do it that's great, it's a great way to meet people but please use caution.

-Dirk

Brooklyn 9000
13-05-04, 10:45 AM
Ha! :suprised;

Try doing a caravan with a bunch of Italian iron like I've done for the past three years! One car carries the tools, one carries the oil, one carries the spare parts. A two hour drive is like the Paris-Dakar and that's AFTER the vehicles are inspected.

Still great cars, though.

Diggler
13-05-04, 10:59 AM
That's really funny!!! 8)

rally900
13-05-04, 02:38 PM
...are you bringing the potato gun :-??

i've decided against it as i can no longer outrun the local constablury :P

james
team saabworks

sethsev7n
13-05-04, 03:43 PM
eh, im not going to be home for this event sadly.. i really wanted to go :( .