The AA [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: The AA

greenphotos
12th May 2004, 10:27 AM
I just had to call the AA out to get the car started after it has been unused after 5 days sitting on my parents house. The battery is at fault apparently. As ever the mechanic arrived in super quick time and fixed the problem within 20 mins.

My annoyance and reason for posting, is that I moved out 4 weeks ago - forgot to tell the AA and they made me upgrade my cover to Home Start - 72 F$#"&G pounds!

Doh!.

Lesson to us all - tell them if you move!

/sorry rant over.

Mark
:cheesy:

Rhino2.3t
12th May 2004, 10:41 AM
My annoyance and reason for posting, is that I moved out 4 weeks ago - forgot to tell the AA and they made me upgrade my cover to Home Start - 72 F$#"&G pounds! the aching fox.. thats a bit steep isnt it? did you demonstrate to the repair /technician /officer/ zoo keeper the lack of bed, clean clothes, beer supply etc. at what was 'supposed' to be your home? :D

better still leave ordinary cover at your parents address.. thus covering you with 'home start' wherever you live LOL j/k

Matthew
12th May 2004, 10:43 AM
Should have told them it wasn't your house. Then the car would have been repaired on the standard Relay service ;)

greenphotos
12th May 2004, 10:44 AM
better still leave ordinary cover at your parents address.. thus covering you with 'home start' wherever you live LOL j/k

:o Darn - What a good Idea. (come to think of it, I haven't told them I've moved yet) - Ah well.

Mark

Paco
12th May 2004, 10:44 AM
>ahem.... :oops:

Well it's worked for years.... :wink:

It only went pear shaped when I broke down....at my Mum's.... :roll:

Rhino2.3t
12th May 2004, 10:57 AM

which is when mrs.paco's own 'relay' cover via her parents kicks in.. huahauahauhaahah

Paco
12th May 2004, 11:11 AM

which is when mrs.paco's own 'relay' cover via her parents kicks in.. huahauahauhaahah
That's uncanny....how did you guess? Bit like that time she drove my car past 7 cars at 82 mph in a 60 when there was a safety camera van taking her picture..... :roll:

Alex
12th May 2004, 12:06 PM
Or if you stay with the AA long enough you get home start free of charge :cheesy: :cheesy:

Mattlach
12th May 2004, 01:39 PM
haha thats funny.

In the U.S. we have AAA (Triple A) which must be sortof like your AA, but here AA refers to Alcoholics Anonymous :o

--matt

Jezzadee
12th May 2004, 02:04 PM
It does here too, confusingly. I expect the call-centre has got used to unusual phone calls by now.

goalkeeper21
12th May 2004, 02:59 PM
haha thats funny.

In the U.S. we have AAA (Triple A) which must be sortof like your AA, but here AA refers to Alcoholics Anonymous :o

--matt

Yea, at first I was like AA? he is an alcoholic!? then once I started reading your post I realized it must be like our AAA. I don't think that AAA has a home start charge or anything though, what is that home start thing?
Tony

nutcase
12th May 2004, 06:36 PM
Home start is exactly what it reads like - if you break down whilst at home thwy come to your house to have a look. If you don't want that it's cheaper, but for them to come out you have to break down outside 1/4 mile from home (easy towing distance :wink:) Woudn't ever be of use to me as I could just nick another car!

craigdeluxe
12th May 2004, 06:52 PM
Last time I called them (6yrs ago in my first car) they couldnt diagnose a loose earth wire. Cost me another 60 to get a local mobile tuning van out who found the problem in two minutes flat :oops:

goalkeeper21
12th May 2004, 08:24 PM
AAA here will tow it anywhere for free for the first 3 miles. After that each mile is like 3 dollars or something, it is really cheap. That stinks that they don't come to your house for free
Tony

greenphotos
13th May 2004, 03:22 AM
Thanks all,

The car is now successfully at the garage getting the rear disks and pads done. Might be fitting a new battery when I get it honme though...

Mark