SUGGESTION FOR ADMIN: Signatures [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: SUGGESTION FOR ADMIN: Signatures

stuart_mc
12th May 2004, 08:04 AM
Can we enable signatures to the user profiles :-?? - Just an idea to spruce up the postings if people can have minigraphics at the bottom of their posts showing their cars/mods :idea

Saba
12th May 2004, 08:23 AM
Nah I hate those, they clutter up the post. They're on all the ricer forums. I suppose that is to be expected as they have to "rice up" their posts too. :roll:

CleveSaab
12th May 2004, 08:28 AM
This comes up from time to time. I like the idea.
You can turn them off in your profile.

Abbott 900
12th May 2004, 08:28 AM
We used to have a small space for a text signature, but I think everyone was in agreement that it cluttered things up, as posts were becoming too long with the same repeated text, so it was removed. Personally I prefer it this way, having pictures would be even worse... I've seen some other forums who do this and it becomes impossible to actually find the content of the thread...

greenphotos
12th May 2004, 09:40 AM
We used to have a small space for a text signature, but I think everyone was in agreement that it cluttered things up, as posts were becoming too long with the same repeated text, so it was removed. Personally I prefer it this way, having pictures would be even worse... I've seen some other forums who do this and it becomes impossible to actually find the content of the thread...

Totally agreed.

stuart_mc
12th May 2004, 11:32 AM
Just thought it would brighten up the place a little :oops:

greenphotos
12th May 2004, 05:51 PM
I agree with brightening it up a little, however I find the threads on other forums that have lots of sigs that you can't follow the point of what is being said. The file size allowed on the avitars could be increaced though.

Mark
:cheesy:

fliptopbin
12th May 2004, 07:08 PM
Agreed.

I like the nice tasteful ones - somebody spent a bit of time creating a nice small sig with their car and name in a graphic, but it's the huge ones that annoy me.

On one of the forums I use there's some guy whose sig consists of several so-called funny lines from some God awful 80s US sitcom called the Golden Girls. I can remember thinking it was crap in the 80s, but why anybody would quote the unfunny pap on a UK car related BBS 20 years later in great detail is a mystery to me!!

stuart_mc
12th May 2004, 07:33 PM
I'll happily settle for bigger avatars, yes pls :cheesy:

Might encourage me even to change the teddy :o

Castor Troy
12th May 2004, 08:04 PM
the one other forum that i really go to (for a half-life mod) has rule that sig cant be bigger than 330x120 graphics and 3 lines of text. personally, i think it works really well. and yeah, add a thing in the preferences to disable them if you want

jetman
12th May 2004, 08:20 PM
Well, I find them annoying. You can already fiddle with your avatar and location to give a little personal information or expression. If you're a regular poster here, we already know as much about each other as we could want. For some of us we know too much (like me for instance, yes, I have too many women about and love to talk about it) Do you want to know about it in every post?

DeLorean
12th May 2004, 09:09 PM
This comes up from time to time. I like the idea.
You can turn them off in your profile.

I love this idea. It would allow for people to have a sig, however the people here that still use dial up would be able to load pages with speed simply by turning the sigs off in their profile. Once a sig is in your temp. internat files, you never have to waste time re-downloading it again anyway :roll:

Slaab4life
12th May 2004, 09:25 PM
they use to have it, good place to put car info, yr, make, model, blah blah blah. they took it away because the number of members was so high and the signatures were taking up too much computer memory space.

CleveSaab
13th May 2004, 12:26 AM
they use to have it, good place to put car info, yr, make, model, blah blah blah. they took it away because the number of members was so high and the signatures were taking up too much computer memory space.

Don't store them here. Make us use our own web space. ;)

SaabScott
16th May 2004, 10:41 PM

Totally agreed.

This is one of the reasons I like this site so much ... it is very easy to follow the threads without getting lost ...
And you can make your avatar say what you want / need it to say.

ellison
16th May 2004, 10:55 PM
Nah I hate those, they clutter up the post. They're on all the ricer forums. I suppose that is to be expected as they have to "rice up" their posts too. :roll:

LOL Saba.

I am not familiar with other forums but I can tell you that the thought of it seems...almost...gaudy.

I think the wittiness that goes around here is entertaining enough. I vote no.

GearHead
17th May 2004, 12:36 AM
its pretty good as is.Ive been to those ricer/antiricer forums and all it is miles and miles sigs.gets annoying very qiuckly.