New England Six Flags meet. June 26 th in Agawam, MASS [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: New England Six Flags meet. June 26 th in Agawam, MASS

lionsgraphics
12th May 2004, 12:02 AM
Website for Six flags.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/newengland/index.asp

PLAN:

plan is to meet in "Cooks in the Kitchen Restaurant"

at 1668 main st. Agawam, Mass. it's 15-20 mins from springfield, mass.

maybe eat a lil', just grab a coffee for some.

I highly recommend to check driving directions not only from Mapquest but also from Expedia, because expedia usually shows the quickest ways.

it's less than a minute to go from a restaurant to Six Flags.

I dunno how early we should meet...

we'll need to keep some kind of connection once inside, if we'll go separate ways, so maybe we can exchange cell phone numbers...

After Six Flags, we might do something, i don't really know what though.

Therefore, i'm open for ideas and suggestions.

anyway, it's june 26th on saturday.

1) Tim aka lionsgraphics.
2)

PaulH
12th May 2004, 12:07 AM
well i'm probably gonna come, sounds fun and I cant imagine anything else could go wrong with my c900 at this point to stop me from coming :roll: .

oh and for communication inside, might i suggest two-way radios? they seemed to work pretty well on tweeks run, but it only works if everyone brings one :lol: .

anyway

2) PaulH and most likely a friend
3)

Paul

lionsgraphics
12th May 2004, 12:10 AM
how much are they ? :o

:)

Slaab4life
12th May 2004, 07:48 AM
oh and for communication inside, might i suggest two-way radios? they seemed to work pretty well on tweeks run, but it only works if everyone brings one.

how much are they ?

I've got a set of the Motorola TalkAbout radios, Model T5100, but I doubt that the frequencie are model specific. So if everyone went the Motorola way, I'll share my other one with you lionsgraphics since your throwing all of this together. Actually, I might be able to get my hands on another set...will look into it.

3) Nate aka Slaab4life and guest(s)
4)

yfs87
12th May 2004, 09:04 AM
ive got two, i could let someone borrow one

Mattlach
12th May 2004, 09:51 AM
Count me in :)

4) Matt aka Mattlach (+ possibly a friend who drives a GM900)
5)

yfs87! You putting your name on the list?

PaulH
12th May 2004, 12:27 PM
I've got a set of the Motorola TalkAbout radios, Model T5100, but I doubt that the frequencie are model specific. So if everyone went the Motorola way, I'll share my other one with you lionsgraphics since your throwing all of this together. Actually, I might be able to get my hands on another set...will look into it.

actually the radios are all the same frequency independent of the maufacturer, as long as they state that they can be used with the Family Radio Service (FRS). they are going for really cheap lately too, i know crutchfield has a pair for $49 and they are notoriosly expensive for their electronics. oh and i have two, so i can lend one out as well.

Paul

Stephen Z
12th May 2004, 03:05 PM
i,m back after after a short hiatus but count me in

lionsgraphics
12th May 2004, 04:52 PM
ppl sign up properly, not just with i'm in.

also, whoever has walkie talkies, bring em :)

HOW early should we meet, and for how long should we wait for ppl ?

nasaab2.3
26th May 2004, 11:25 PM
hey hey, how come i didn't hear of this sooner, lol

i'll be going to this park this sunday with my senior class, but i love the place, and i'm always up for it, tickets are around 40 50 dollars, not cheap, but fun never is.

i currently do not have a license (i lost it again, sigh) so if i can find a ride down, maybe from a saab friend up in the nh or maine area, i'll pay them too if they want money.

~justin

Mattlach
26th May 2004, 11:47 PM
i currently do not have a license (i lost it again, sigh)

Oops.

Lost as in:

"Damn it was in my pocket an hour ago, but I just can't seem to find it"

or as in:

"So there I was doing a mere 120mph in a school zone and the cop had the nerve to pull me over" ?

:P

lionsgraphics
27th May 2004, 01:32 AM
nasaab2.3 i don't mind givin' you a ride unless i have to make huge detour.

what town are you from ?

Slaab4life
27th May 2004, 06:37 AM
whoever drinks coke (I don't) should collect up a few of those $12 off cans and bring em. couple years back CVS had some coupons, and actually, thinking about it now, I think the hospital my mother works at might have reduced price tickets, I'll look into that and report back.

lionsgraphics
27th May 2004, 09:58 AM
i'd bring 'em if they diddn't take so much space and weren't loud.

nasaab2.3
27th May 2004, 10:12 AM
hey lionsgraphics, i know i'm not on this site much, but how could i let someone from portland slip past me!!!!! i actually live in wells, and i have the exact same car as you, a 97 saab 900s with the 2.3 non turbo, lol, awesome, finally i'm not alone.

and i lost my license for doing illegal activities, i'm not going to exactly say what cause i know they don't emphasize on illegal activity, but let's just say that i didn't notice the red octagon at the end of the road :wink: :roll:

since you live in portland, and i live in wells, it'd be really easy for you to pick me up, just get off in wells exit 19 (formally exit 2) then we can take route one til the the york exit so we can bypass the $1.50 toll in york. then pick up 495, then the mass turnpike, and get off in springfield, should be easy as pie, i've done the trip like 10 times before, and i almost know it by heart.

how old are you lion?

lionsgraphics
27th May 2004, 10:26 AM
i'm 20. you ?
check your pm...

G96nt
27th May 2004, 11:30 AM
ahhhh
six-flags, huh?

you guys see that season passes Are Still only $60!?
2 trips, and it's paid for! (reccomend to anyone going to the Trip)

anyways.. I'll try and make it....
but mine's not so much to look @ (yet)

we'll see how she holds up!

nasaab2.3
27th May 2004, 02:14 PM
i'm 18

with the seasons passes, where do i get them and how long is the deal good for?

~justin

G96nt
27th May 2004, 02:42 PM
should be right off the site....
I know the g/f Was looking @ it The other day....

http://sixflags.com/season_pass.asp

***from sixflags.com***
"Price valid through May 31st.

A minimum of 4 passes must be ordered to qualify for the Family Season Pass ($59.99 per pass).

FAMILY 4-pack
2004 Season Pass $59.99
INDIVIDUAL
2004 Season Pass $64.99 "

guess I Was a LITTLE off =0/

Slaab4life
29th May 2004, 09:27 AM
oh goody. a bunch of teens and twenty-somethings! BTW I'm 22 so this'll be fun. Saw this article this morning. Superman Ride of Steel will be open!!!. (http://www.turnto10.com/news/3357103/detail.html)

Mattlach
29th May 2004, 03:23 PM
oh goody. a bunch of teens and twenty-somethings! BTW I'm 22 so this'll be fun. Saw this article this morning. Superman Ride of Steel will be open!!!. (http://www.turnto10.com/news/3357103/detail.html)

24 Here.

All you are making me feel old... :P

Slaab4life
29th May 2004, 06:31 PM
don't worry, i'll be 23 by the time this event takes place

nasaab2.3
3rd June 2004, 12:21 AM
me 18 me youngin

i know this park like the back of my hand

can't wait

~justin

Slaab4life
3rd June 2004, 06:20 AM
oh yeah, and don't forget your bathing suits, the weather will probably turned for the warmer by then...and they got that nice water park.

Mattlach
3rd June 2004, 07:17 AM
Sinec people didnt use the signup lisat int he beginning of this thread, we still don't have a proper roll call.

We should probably do something about that...

lionsgraphics
3rd June 2004, 11:58 AM
i really don't know what to do.
i'll open one more thread in the end of this week in offtopic about this, so maybe we can get more ppl, who just signed up

and i still have NO idea when should we meet at the restaurant.
is noon sound ok?

lionsgraphics
5th June 2004, 05:54 PM
since no one wanna suggest a time, i say Noon 12pm at the restaurants parking lot.

PaulH
5th June 2004, 09:31 PM
noon sounds great to me :) .

Paul

nasaab2.3
6th June 2004, 05:42 PM
well, i just went on a trip recently to six flags as a class trip, and we got there at open and left at close, that's 10 am to 9 pm, 11 hours, and with lines for superman being in excess of two hours, i don't think getting there at noon is just, i say get at 11, maybe we can eat there before we go into six flags, since food is a bit pricey, i mean 3 chicken tenders and a small soda = 10 bucks, come on now, jsut cause i'll pay it doesn't mean it's just. and we'll probably end up walking into the park around noon if we eat first (strongly recomended) and people can leave whenever they want.

lionsgraphics, don't worry about your admission, i got it covered, everyone else, you're on your own, i'm only paying his cause he's giving me a ride down and back

5) Justin aka nasaab2.3 and aka saabguy(on tsl)
6)

~justin

TurboRush91
6th June 2004, 08:02 PM
6) TurboRush91, thinking about it.
7)

lionsgraphics
7th June 2004, 12:03 AM
is 11 AM ok with everyone ?

P.S. i'm asking cause some ppl here live about 4 hours from Six Flags. Thnx for the ticket justin :cheesy:

Mattlach
7th June 2004, 12:25 AM
is 11 AM ok with everyone ?

P.S. i'm asking cause some ppl here live about 4 hours from Six Flags. Thnx for the ticket justin :cheesy:

Works fine for me. I must have missed where we are meeting though *scrolls up*

lionsgraphics
7th June 2004, 02:00 AM
very first post in this thread.

Socci
7th June 2004, 02:29 AM
My girl and I are going to six flags this friday but i might be able to talk her into changing the date. I live a few hours away so i might even be able to go twice :) Matt your from providence huh, im down in coventry like 15 min away.

6) TurboRush91, thinking about it.
7)Mike aka Socci, if the women will change her plans

nasaab2.3
9th June 2004, 12:17 AM
P.S. i'm asking cause some ppl here live about 4 hours from Six Flags. Thnx for the ticket justin

no need to thank me, you're driving me down and back, getting you into the park is the least i can do

~justin

lionsgraphics
19th June 2004, 01:29 AM
ok only 1 week left :) yay.

seems like a lot of ppl from Lounge never signed up here :(

Anyway 11am next sat. at cooks in kitchen.

i'm gonna take pics, so if you're too lazy to take camera with you it's ok.

wash your cars :)

Slaab4life
19th June 2004, 07:36 AM
i just posted a message in the other thread. hopefully that will remind em all.

wash your cars
Ah cr@p, I should probably clean up the accumulating stuff in the back seat too. Egh, this'll be fun.

Mattlach
20th June 2004, 04:35 PM
wash your cars :)

Ugh.. The troubles of owning black cars...

I just washed and waxed it yesterday. It looked BEAUTIFUL!

Today, 5 birds have decided to **** on it, and its covered in yellow pollen....

graagh.. I hate mother nature..

Slaab4life
20th June 2004, 04:55 PM
did the same, washed and wax the black beauty and today its fuzzy yellow from the pollen, and some mud from puddles left over from recent rains.

Mattlach
20th June 2004, 05:21 PM
did the same, washed and wax the black beauty and today its fuzzy yellow from the pollen, and some mud from puddles left over from recent rains.

Yeah I wont have time for a full wash and wax before Six Flags....

One of those brushless car washes will have to do :(

lionsgraphics
20th June 2004, 10:37 PM
i hear ya man.
i got the pollen all over my car too now :) and brake dust all over the wheels. Color doesn't matter, bird poop looks bad on any car.

Mattlach
24th June 2004, 09:30 PM
Ugh...

I was really looking forward to this, but it seems I will have to withdraw :(

Unbeknownst to me my mother decided to schedule a barbecue to celebrate my brother graduating from high school on Saturday, and I am expected to attend.

As I will be in Springfield during the day anyway, I will probably stop by and say hi at the restaurant though! I will just have to leave when you guys take off for Six Flags...

--Matt

lionsgraphics
24th June 2004, 11:21 PM
bah, that sucks.

Yeah definately come tho', at least we'll meet you (i sometimes go to my friend in pawtucket), oh and i GOTTA have a 9-5 on one of the pics :)

So it's like what ? 4 maybe 5 people ? that's no meet that's mini-meet :)

Slaab4life
25th June 2004, 06:07 AM
:oops: Ummmm, sorry guys, you know the saying shi+ happens? Well, its happened and I will be unable to attend Saturday. Sorry.

lionsgraphics
25th June 2004, 06:09 PM
well, if i'll like the place, i'll go again maybe in the end of july, beginning of august. So if you guys wanna go then that's cool, i'll most likely won't make a thread way ahead like i did now. I'll do it like 2 weeks or so before i go.

Anyway for couple of ppl that actually will go, i'll be in the restaurant waiting for ppl until noon, then i'll slowly will get in the six flags. Btw, the only way you can recognize me is by my friend :) he is tall, has somewhat long black hair and leather jacket.

One more thing, PM me if you need my cell phone.

lionsgraphics
27th June 2004, 02:18 PM
oh snap. My head hurts (damn you superman).

Anyway was nice meeting you Matt and Paul (and your friends). I had a lot of fun at 6 flags. definately doin' it in the end of july/beginning of august.

Pics as promised.

http://www.dickwad.net/ot/frontsaabs.jpg
http://www.dickwad.net/ot/frontleftsaabs.jpg
http://www.dickwad.net/ot/frontrightsaabs.jpg
http://www.dickwad.net/ot/backsaabs.jpg
http://www.dickwad.net/ot/backleftsaabs.jpg
http://www.dickwad.net/ot/backrightsaabs.jpg
http://www.dickwad.net/ot/zeeowners.jpg

God, i'm lined up horribly :)

PM me in case you want High-res pics.

lionsgraphics
27th June 2004, 05:16 PM
btw

Guy in Ford Explorer :"Saab sucks".

http://www.dickwad.net/ot/bigrofl.gif

Mattlach
27th June 2004, 10:20 PM
btw

Guy in Ford Explorer :"Saab sucks".

http://www.dickwad.net/ot/bigrofl.gif

Haha Yeah h That was pretty damned funny :)

I'll take his Ford Explorer any time :P

Automaggot
27th June 2004, 11:37 PM
What happened with an Explorer?

DeLorean
28th June 2004, 10:42 AM
aah, saabs from 3 generations :cheesy: the rims on that 9000... eer, 9-5 make those SPG rims look like they are basket-balls! Looks good, shame you didn't have more turn out though. I would have loved to make it to this meet myself but that would have been a long hike (and there is a 6 flags just a bit south of me). Oh well, I have a few new ideas for a new PA meet that I'll post up in the lounge shortly.

so did you all have fun?

PaulH
28th June 2004, 11:03 AM
What happened with an Explorer?
while we were sitting there taking pictures some local redneck in a ford explorer thought he was clever and yelled "saabs suck" :roll: no man, fords suck :lol:

Paul