1981 900 sales brochure [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 1981 900 sales brochure

pda
11th May 2004, 02:09 PM
Hi all,
just been looking at some old Saab sales brochures dating back to 1981/2
some nice pictures of Silver 4 door turbo`s :cheesy:
but not 16v turbo`s..
my question is some of the pictures show saab 900 saloon`s & combi-coupe`s with there petrol filler flaps on the wrong side ie near side, not off side.....
all these cars shown are "RIGHT HAND" drive versions
so the filler flap is on the left side off the car.... :-?
also one of the pictures shows a combi-coupe with 2 filler flaps one on each side of the car...anyone else seen these or has any one got a early 900 with the filler flap on the left.......
all my later sales brochures 1987/89MY only show petrol filler flaps on the right hand side

any ideas Paul

heavy_t
11th May 2004, 02:56 PM
I bet they reversed the polarity of the negatives to make a RHD brochure......

Mattlach
11th May 2004, 03:56 PM
I bet they reversed the polarity of the negatives to make a RHD brochure......

Good call!

I have owned a number of different cars, some with the ga filler caps on the left, and some on the right.. all of them were LHD though.

Do all cars in britain have them standardized on the right hand side of the car?

Jezzadee
11th May 2004, 04:07 PM
From the state of the forecourt every time I fill up it seems that 90% or so have the cap on the right - drivers side. And roughly 99% don't realise that the hose will reach around the other side of the car.

Mattlach
11th May 2004, 04:19 PM
From the state of the forecourt every time I fill up it seems that 90% or so have the cap on the right - drivers side. And roughly 99% don't realise that the hose will reach around the other side of the car.

haha interesting.

One thing I always wondered about RHD cars - cause I have never driven one - is the pedal arrangement.

On every LHD car I have ever driven the pedals are from left to right, as follows: Clutch, Brake, Accelerator

Is this the same for RHD cars, or are they inverted?

Stefano
11th May 2004, 04:49 PM
It's the same.

Same thing for gear shift pattern.

fabric
11th May 2004, 05:30 PM
in the US, petrol caps seem to be a somewhat even mix. The only thing I can see is that the cap is usually opposite the muffler, for I'm guessing an obvious reason. Unless there are dual exchausts, or it's an older Jag with two tanks. So maybe it's not so obvious.

pda
12th May 2004, 01:11 AM
So has no one every seen a petrol filler flap on the wrong side :-? :-?

Paul

"edit" as for exhaust opposite the petrol filler flap all the pictures show the cars with exhaust on the opposite side too filler flap, bar 3 pictures of the same car when in 2 pictures the exhaust is one the right side in one picture & the left side in another picture....as you say dodgy photo`s :roll: :roll:

Cuba
12th May 2004, 08:17 AM
I thunk we've dun thsi http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25055&highlight=side+fuel+cap