The Stockline Plastics factory in Glasgow [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: The Stockline Plastics factory in Glasgow

roller girl
11-05-04, 12:36 PM
Just a note to say that i hope all UK Saab-ers are safe and my thougts go out to the 16 missing people, the injured and their families.

how awful....

alan forsyth
11-05-04, 12:54 PM
i drive past it on the road home from work not a lot left of it.and lets hope they find more survivers

Rhino2.3t
11-05-04, 01:17 PM
just checked.. Axl's okay as well :o five miles from his house apparently.

hope they find everyone.

nutcase
11-05-04, 01:30 PM
It's already been confirmed that some people have died, btu having just seen a few pictures on the news it's not really a suprise. What a complete mess. Something to do with a gas oven apparently. Scary stuff.

Willy Wonka
11-05-04, 11:36 PM
Very sad to hear of people still in the rubble. One would think that with all the iso regs there would be some that require explosion sensing devices to reverse the air flow and funnel the blast away from people.
Knew an engineer down in the r&d lab who did ok building explosion suppresion systems. His time frames of nano seconds always impressed me.

axl
12-05-04, 05:48 PM
Yea very sad!, at the last count there was (I think) 8 dead, haven't heard the news tonight mind you.

The cops say they dont think it is terrorist related, bloody hope not!, it would be mayhen in Glasgow and surrounding areas if it was.

craigdeluxe
12-05-04, 06:38 PM
The building involved was very old, and in all likelyhood unsuitable for such work. Just a pity so many people have suffered. I used to deliver tools there, so I know of a few of the faces from the factory, hope they all made it out. :cry: