PPC Guinea Pigs [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: PPC Guinea Pigs

WallySaab
11-05-04, 12:11 AM
I was just wondering how the other ppc guinea pigs were fairing? :wink: I don't know about you guys but this car seriously rocks now. What a blast to drive :D My only concern is that with the ppc software loaded it seems to run rich evidenced by excessive(imo) black soot build-up on the exhaust. I switched back to stock programing and it cleared up :roll: There is no detrimental effect on the operation of the car that I can tell but I must be throwing away some dollars in fuel cost :evil: I have been getting about 21-23 mpg with the software loaded. What has everyone else been getting :-?? Oh by the way I took my vector in for its initial service and the saab mechanic had no idea that I had programed the car with the ppc either way :)

Saba
11-05-04, 01:40 AM
Haven't noticed any difference in the soot build up. Have about the same amount as before. No issues to date.

9.3 Joe
11-05-04, 01:58 PM
My car is running great with the ppc but my gas mileage has dropped from 21mpg to 18-19 mpg. I have a conv. which weighs 300 or so pounds more than the ss so I think my mpg is a bit worse than a ss due to extra weight. I have not noticed any extra black residue on the exhaust but I have not looked. I have mostly noticed the turbo get hotter faster when I push the car, but the water temp guage is unchanged. I allways let the car cool 1-2 minutes after a hard run, and have not pushed it continuosly.