Top Gear last night [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Top Gear last night

Gordy
10-05-04, 12:04 PM
Now I know that Mr Clarkson is not the most popular individual amongst you guys but I thought last nights Top Gear was a stormer.

Racing the DB9 down to the south of France against the train was a great idea. And didn't it sound FANTASTIC! What a great sounding car.

Pitting the Lotus Exige against the Apache Gunship was another inspired idea.

ZARS
10-05-04, 12:16 PM
Yep, got to agree there, it was a good show. The race between the DB9 and the trains was excellent :!

Alex
10-05-04, 12:49 PM
I amazed that he managed 20mpg in the DB9. With an engine sounding that good I would always be shifting down a couple of gears and giving it a bootful just to hear it sing.

I notice that all the in car shots showed the digital speedo at around the 130km/h mark :D

boxman
10-05-04, 01:37 PM
i wont one, now :! :!

boxman :wink:

Dave B
10-05-04, 04:04 PM
Know what you mean. I taped the DB9/Train race and have watched it three times since already. It is a gorgeous car.

Alex_W
10-05-04, 04:35 PM
Damn I missed it :evil:
I knew there was somthing I was supposed to do last night.... Does anyone know if it gets repeated???

Dave B
10-05-04, 04:38 PM
Don't believe they repeat the programme but I am sure that at the end of this new series (its just started so you will have to wait a fair while) they wil do a string of 'best of's' and I am sure it will be shown again.

Keep an eye out on Sky, can't remember the name of the channel, no566 IIRC but they show TG repeats on Wednesdays.

Rob Hill
10-05-04, 04:51 PM
Damn I missed it :evil:
I knew there was somthing I was supposed to do last night.... Does anyone know if it gets repeated???

Not much better for me.... I didn't miss it but I was so drunk I can't remember most of it (and the blurry vision didn't help much either!) :nono;

Rob

Lancs900T16s
11-05-04, 04:29 AM
A great start to a new series, the DB9 is an awesome sounding car and relativly cheap compared to its rivals, its now on my 'if i win the lottery' shopping list!!.

Abbott 900
11-05-04, 04:44 AM
Yep have to agree, that DB9 looked and sounded awesome... I loved the bit with the French police giving him the thumbs up and waving him to boot it!!!

SPG900
11-05-04, 05:03 AM
One of the best episodes of the new series, without a doubt. :o

If you missed it, you can watch some parts here:

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/Top_Gear_Exige_hi.wmv

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/Top_Gear_Exige_Stig_hi.wmv

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/Top_Gear_DB9_hi.wmv

(replace "hi" with "lo" for smaller files)

The City Rover review was pretty good too. :lol:

Stumpage
11-05-04, 05:04 AM
DB9. I was laughing my head off when he put the car in it's own fridge. :lol: :lol: I want one so bad it hurts.

I like the way that May and Hammond said 'He must be caning it' when they were checking his progress on the tracker but never mentioned the speed. :wink:

greenphotos
11-05-04, 06:10 AM
The hi res clip is 93.6mb!!! - bet my work's gateway loved that :lol:

Fantastic clip - when I get to watch it with sound... (can't think why the people on the phone here would not want the sound of the DB9 blasting in the office... :roll: :lol:

Mark
:cheesy:

ragtopcav
11-05-04, 06:40 AM
That is a big file to download. At college last week we were discussing the merits of the prop shaft of the DB9 in class, and passing one around :o yes it weighs 5kg, carbon fibre tube with metal end fittings bonded in, fantastic stuff.

boxman
11-05-04, 07:38 AM
carbonfibre propshafts are nothing new, the renault espace 4 wheel drive has a carbonfibre prop' :o i had to remove one once that had come off the rear axle and wound its self around the exhaust,its nasty stuff :nono;

boxman :wink:

yfs87
11-05-04, 07:40 AM
db9 = my love 8)
fantastic cars, i love the exhast note on them too :cheesy:

lionsgraphics
11-05-04, 11:03 AM
top gear, yet another reason i want normal BBC and not BBC america.
grrrr.

you guys are lucky :)

baco99
11-05-04, 12:30 PM
top gear, yet another reason i want normal BBC and not BBC america.
grrrr.

you guys are lucky :)

ditto!

Craegkraft
11-05-04, 03:13 PM
25% dowloaded here at work... won't have any sound though. :: eyes headphones attached to iPod with interest :: wait a second... :cheesy: