Monza Exaust [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Monza Exaust

Shaft
09-05-04, 06:58 PM
Hey all, From what i've seen for aftermarket exausts, nothing is really turning my crank for the 93SS.

What about modding an existing Monza Exaust setup to fit the 93SS? I would kill for that all black exaust system, chrome tips, yellow inserts and that ferrari symbol :D .

And that sound is incredible. I see lots of setups going on Ebay really really cheap! Any feedback on this?

Automaggot
10-05-04, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'm curious as well. I really don't want a chrome muffler. I think black with chrome tips would look very nice.

Liquid Calm
10-05-04, 03:42 PM
I dont know if they sell just the muffler but if they do, you could always buy a Remues <spelling? muffler. They are black with chrome tips. Plus the square look of the tips is very nice.
Then just get a muffler shop to bend a custom pipe and weld it all up.
I am not a big fan of the big 3" tips on the Monza systems :nono;

Just my .02

Liquid Calm
10-05-04, 03:49 PM
Automaggot,

Just noticed your Avitar nice to see anuther paint ball player here :! What kind of gat are you shooting cant quite tell from your pic Trix, Impy?

Automaggot
11-05-04, 07:29 AM
That was last summer when I had a TMC Matrix, which shot very nicely, but the efficiency wasn't up to snuff. I shot a Freeflow for most of the winter, but I just picked up a yellow Z-Timmy. :) My car is turning into the next addiction though.

Shaft
11-05-04, 02:18 PM
One of the Monza setups I was looking at was for a 300 ZX 2+2. It comes with dual, twin tip mufflers. Not 3" tips. It comes with 2 resonators that leads up to the downpipes.

What I wonder if possible and worth the modd, is to take one resonator to the cat, split it to the dual mufflers for the 93SS. Would there be a performance gain, or loss?

Here is the link on ebay for the setup..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2477370316&rd=1

Liquid Calm
12-05-04, 09:14 AM
Automaggot,

Nice choice on the Timmy, I have a Timmy Lasoya and love it. Efficiency is great and it shoots ropes and hardly ever chops. I put a shocktech ram and bolt on it with a ECX Techna trigger with WAS trigger switch and a check it adj ram cap. It's a great set up.
I know what you mean about the car addiction though. My wife dose not understand why I want to spend so much money on it.

Shaft
12-05-04, 03:02 PM
I'm still awaiting any feedback on the monza exaust.

Cayman1
12-05-04, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't try to put a double exhaust on a 9-3, plus the yellow paint on the inside of the pipe makes it looks like it belongs on a Hyudai or Kia.

Plus, is there enough space under the car to run a pipe over to the right side?

Shaft
21-05-04, 09:51 AM
I don't think the monza would make any vehicle feel like a hyundia or a kia. Thats just a disgrace! LOL. I find its totally racey, or else there wouldn't be a ferrari symbol on them. I want something different than the everyday stainless steel big bore mufflers. The dual tip mufflers that curl up look completely trailer park in my opinion. We are driving $45,000 cars, lets start treating them like one.