strut tower brace [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: strut tower brace

williamsvr6
6th May 2004, 12:07 AM
Hi guys, Does anyone know who sells a front strut tower brace for the 9-5?

Simon
6th May 2004, 04:53 AM
Not aware of one...

XAAMOTTOMAAX
6th May 2004, 04:17 PM
I dont think there is enough clearance to install under the hood.

Mattlach
6th May 2004, 05:11 PM
What year model is the 9-5?

If its pre-2002 these (http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/tuning/9-5/chassis/9-5_steer_resp.htm) might help.

They arn't strut tower braces, but I have heard sucess stories about the car feeling much better with them on there.

I havn't tried them yet myself, but I plan on doing so when I have some spare cash...

XAAMOTTOMAAX
7th May 2004, 05:14 PM
In the last year I have not heard one person say they have installed these. I have been extremely curious as to their impact on the handling. PLEASE get them and post results so I don't have to go in blindly. I have bought from Abbott only once but my impression was that they would try to sell ice to an eskimo, and even then mark the ice up %50 over ice market value. The customer service and responsiveness was sub-par as well.

Mattlach
9th May 2004, 01:28 PM
In the last year I have not heard one person say they have installed these. I have been extremely curious as to their impact on the handling. PLEASE get them and post results so I don't have to go in blindly. I have bought from Abbott only once but my impression was that they would try to sell ice to an eskimo, and even then mark the ice up %50 over ice market value. The customer service and responsiveness was sub-par as well.

I actually looked back over the posts I thought were testimonials to these things, but it turns out I was wrong.

I am really interested in hearing from soeone who has installed them as well.

I mean.. someone has to have done it, right?