PPC install Help!!!! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: PPC install Help!!!!

edusaab
5th May 2004, 02:03 PM
I have a friend that few days ago buyed a PPC for his Aero. Looking at the manual of installation. First you must connect the PPC to the car to read the original ECU data, then connect the PPC to the PC(first download the software) and connect to internet to download the ECU upgrade software. this is the process, isn't it??

The problem, is he connect the PPC to the car, in few minutes the PPC read the original ECU and then appeared a message from the PPC to tune the car....my friend pushed Enter, and the car in few minutes was tuned. He say that now, for example in 6th gear is a missile..... Is it possible that BSR sended the PPC with the ECU upgraded in it??

How do you make the installation??

thanks and greetings.

SS
5th May 2004, 02:06 PM
I have a friend that few days ago buyed a PPC for his Aero. Looking at the manual of installation. First you must connect the PPC to the car to read the original ECU data, then connect the PPC to the PC(first download the software) and connect to internet to download the ECU upgrade software. this is the process, isn't it??

The problem, is he connect the PPC to the car, in few minutes the PPC read the original ECU and then appeared a message from the PPC to tune the car....my friend pushed Enter, and the car in few minutes was tuned. He say that now, for example in 6th gear is a missile..... Is it possible that BSR sended the PPC with the ECU upgraded in it??

How do you make the installation??

thanks and greetings.

Yes of course man. You are not supposed to plug it in the computer UNLESS you recieve an email from BSR stating that there is an upgrade that you can download. When you recieve the PPC, all you have to do is plug it in the car and tune. I hope he didnt plug it into the computer before plugging it in the car because i read somewhere that you are not supposed to do that. But anyway, take it out of your head to connect the PPC to the computer. ONLY when BSR sends you an email is when you plug it in the computer to upgrade the software! And yes, BSR sends the PPC already updated with the upgrade software for your ECU

EDIT: The installation should be done as follows:

1: Plug the PPC into the OBDII port.
2: Turn ignition position to On.
3: Press Enter to tune the car.

The un-installation process:

1: Plug the PPC into the OBDII port
2: Turn ignition to On position
3: Press Enter to return to original settings

Before tuning or un-tuning, you have to have your battery fully charged. Your friend should read the manual before doing any of this stuff!

edusaab
5th May 2004, 05:44 PM
He read the manual......and followed it, but the problem is the other manual, about the ppc software, it is a little confused, with the mix of two manuals and all the information it is not so clear.... we tought that you must download, after read the original ecu data, the upgraded ecu data.

Thanks for the info, the software it is only for update. I can see the 9-3 it is a missile, in a uphill it is impressive the smoothness and how is able to grow up speed so easily...

greetings.

Saba
5th May 2004, 08:01 PM
Yes the software mods are in the PPc unit, no need to download anything off the net.

DirtyGriffin
12th May 2004, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry i'm lost What is a PPC is this for the new SS's

Saba
12th May 2004, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry i'm lost What is a PPC is this for the new SS's

Check this out. Available for all new SS's.

General Info
http://www.partsforsaabs.com/bsr_ppc.php

Specific Details for each SS model
http://www.partsforsaabs.com/default.php?cPath=28_270_353

One great bang for your buck :D